Baekhyun

Baby Blues

The hall is silent as everyone watches Kris pick Tao up.
He skillfully rocks him and pats his little bum while he continues his conversation with Suho.
Tao calms down quickly, eyes drooping slightly as he rests his head on his daddy's shoulder.
The people soon forget about the ruckus and get on with their own business again, including the children.

"Uhm... Sorry about that. Tao tends to cry. A lot."
Baekhyun diverts his gaze back to the teenager before him, and sees that he's awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

"It's alright. Kai used to do that too." Baekhyun offers a kind smile.
Poor guy.
I know how hard it is being the mat-hyung.

"Come, I'll introduce my brothers to yours." Baekhyun frees a hand gently to tug Xiumin over to the others.
A child no older than Kai is playing with Chanyeol, swinging sideways with his arms clinging around Chanyeol's neck.
Kai himself has his arms and legs wrapped around Kyungsoo, who's silently staring at a quiet teenager in a hoodie and another child with bright sparkly eyes.

"I see Chen has taken an interest in your twin brother." Xiumin laughs lightly as he watches his younger brother squeal happily.
Chen's eyes light up when he hears his name, and untangles himself from Chanyeol.
He runs over to Baekhyun and looks up at him.
Baekhyun studies the child.
He has long curly eyelashes, high cheekbones, curvy lips and wild hair.
He's one of those kids who are lovable from first glance.

"Baekhyun hyung!" Chen smiles, and Baekhyun finds himself grinning like an idiot.

"Yeah?"

"You're so short!"
Baekhyun changes his mind.
He's one of those kids who aren't lovable as soon as they speak.

"Yah!! Chen, you're having timeout right here right now! Ehem, please excuse us." Xiumin quickly disappears to the back of the hall, dragging a whiney Chen behind.
Baekhyun doesn't know how to react.
So he chooses not to.
He looks over at his twin, and he returns Baekhyun's blank look with his own.
Sehun though, who has been quiet up till now, speaks up.

"Chen's right."

"Oh shush." Baekhyun rolls his eyes, puts Sehun on the ground and walks over to Chanyeol.
The toddler freezes in place, then waddles over to the doe-eyed boy who's babbling to the hooded teen.

"What's he doing?" Baekhyun gives Chanyeol a confused look, and Chanyeol shrugs.
The doe-eyed boy pauses, noticing Sehun's beady eyes on him.

"Hello." The boy kneels down to meet Sehun's eye level, doe eyes sparkling under the dim lights of the church.
What's with this family and their genes?
They all look so... pretty.

Baekhyun can't help but feel a little jealous, and silently blames his parents.

"I'm Thehun. What's your name?" Sehun asks, the corners of his mouth curving upwards miraculously.
Baekhyun and Chanyeol both stifle a laugh at their maknae's lithp lisp.

"Luhan." Luhan smiles, and Baekhyun decides he's the kind of kid you like from first glance, instead of his brother.
He looks at Sehun, and gapes.
Sehun's eyes are wide in surprise, or shock, and the toddler is breathing heavily.

"What's happening?!" Chanyeol's panicky voice whispers beside Baekhyun.
Baekhyun shakes his head and holds onto Chanyeol's arm for security.
What's happening?
What's happening to our Sehunie??

Baekhyun hears Chanyeol hitch his breath, and he unconsciously follows.
Then Sehun does something completely unexpected.
He reaches out to hold Luhan's hand.

"My Luhan." The toddler announces with a wide grin, then forcefully pulls Luhan away and disappears from the others' sights.
Baekhyun looks up at Chanyeol, dumbfounded.
Chanyeol looks equally flabbergasted.
They spend the next few minutes simply staring at each other, before blurting out the only thing on their minds at the same time.

"Imsorrywhatjusthappened???"

 

 

Author's Note:

HUNHANFOREVERoopsismyOTPshowing

Soz guys HEHEHEHE.

Please be aware chapters ahead will be shorter but updates will be more frequent <3

TAORISFOREVERdammitfeulscontainyourself