Finale: Part Two

Baby Blues

No.
No no no.

Baekhyun recognizes the familiar figure standing before Sehun and Chanyeol.
There's no way he's ever going to forget her.

"My sons... I see you're doing well, especially you, Sehunie..."
Baekhyun hears his mother's voice from afar and sees her slim arms reach down to pick up Sehun.

"Don't touch him!" Baekhyun roars and runs up to his brothers.
He stands in front of Chanyeol protectively and scoops Sehun from the ground, shielding him from the woman before him.

"Ah... Baekhyunie, you haven't changed either." The woman gives Baekhyun an awkward smile and retracts her hand.

"We have no business with you." Baekhyun spits and is about to turn away, when his mother pipes up again.

"Myungsoo left me."
Baekhyun halts upon hearing their old milkman's name.

"Well that's just karma isn't it? And? Why do you think I care?" He glares at his mother, who still has that half smile on her face.

"Come with me. Come live with me again, and I'll take care of you. I promise I'll stick around this time and-"

"Baek, let's just go." Chanyeol cuts her off and lays his hand on Baekhyun's arm.
Kimbap climbs out of Chanyeol's shirt and sits on his shoulder, completely unaware of the situation.
Baekhyun sees their mother's face falls immediately as she catches sight of the ferret, her twisted smile replaced by furrowed brows and gritted teeth.

"Oh, is that what it is now? You choose your father over me because he has money and he can buy you whatever you want? You're just going to ignore all the times I took care of the five of you?" The furious woman grabs onto Baekhyun's shoulder and gives him a cold hard glare.

"Funny how you make it sound like such a pain. I suppose that's why you left isn't it?" Baekhyun doesn't even bother shrugging off his mother's hand, despite her nails digging into his arm.
What's she playing at now?
Baekhyun feels Sehun burying his face in his chest, the sweat from his little palms sinking through the thin fabric of Baekhyun's t-shirt.
He holds his little brother closer and turns him even further away from their mother.

"I raised you too! I was always there to take care of you all, your father wasn't! He's never at home for you let alone me!"

"Doesn't change the fact that you left us!" Baekhyun can't hold back anymore and he frees an arm to throw his mother's hand off him.
She has no right to touch me.

"You know far better than anyone else I take better care of you than your workaholic father, all he ever does is work till early morning and go abroad for business meetings! He puts his work before anything else even now I bet, and yet here you are refusing to come with me because you're all holding a grudge against me! After all the trouble I went through to find you five again I'm not leaving with nothing!" The now hysterical woman screams and tries to grab Baekhyun again.
Baekhyun steps aside, leaving his mother's hands empty, and he quickly nudges his twin to get Kyungsoo and Kai going.
But their mother spots them first.

"Kyungsoo! Kai! It's me, Umma!" While Chanyeol is disorientated and having trouble remembering where he left his brothers, their mother runs towards the tree they're sitting under and kneels down in front of them.

"You remember me right, Kyungsoo-yah? Remember how Umma always taught you how to do your homework, and after that we'd cook together?" She looks at Kyungsoo with hopeful eyes, voice and hands shaking with desperateness.
Baekhyun watches in horror as Kyungsoo stands up and walks towards her with an expressionless face.

"Yes, you remember Umma don't you? How Umma loved you and cared for you?"
No!
Soo, don't give in!
Baekhyun notices the same panicked expression Kai has on his face.
He's about to run and push their mother away, when Kyungsoo speaks up.

"When you left, you took all the memories away with you. So no, I don't remember."

"W-what? B-but Kyungsoo-... Kai! You remember don't you? Didn't you miss Umma?"
Kai walks up to Kyungsoo and takes his hand, pulling him back slightly.

"I did, Umma. I missed you a lot, and I wondered if it was my fault that you left and our family's broken. But because of Appa, my hyungs and Sehunie, I know now that our family isn't broken. It's more than whole. But it doesn't have you in it, because the second I woke up and knew you've left us, you're not part of the family anymore." Kai says calmly and pulls Kyungsoo away to join the rest of their brothers.

"You're our biological mother, but you're not our Umma." Baekhyun looks solemnly at their mother, who wore a pained and broken expression on her face.

"My sons! I got a text from some random number about you guys being at the park! What are you doing standing around??"
Baekhyun whips his head around to see Suho, still dressed in his suit and briefcase in his hand, waving to them as he makes his way slowly over to his children from across the road.

"Appa! Umma was here and-" Baekhyun points to where their mother is, or was, because when he turns around again there's only empty space.

 

 

Author's Note:

 

I'm sorry L, at least you'll make an epic milkman.

I've already typed up the ending, but I suppose you guys will want to read one part every night, so I'll do that :)

Also I'm gonna get going on my new story tomorrow and maybe write the epilogue to Pure soon. If you're interested stay tuned!

RAF: I spent 5 hours at the salon today. The end result: I look like Taemin around Lucifer era. LOL.