Kai

Baby Blues

The series of events that's just happened is too much to process for Kai's little brain.
All he feels is confusion, confusion, and confusion.
He looks at Kyungsoo hyung, and his already huge eyes are the size of golfballs, so big that they look like they're about to fall out of their sockets.

"Hyung...?" Kai calls and tugs at Kyungsoo's sleeve.
Kyungsoo turns to look at Kai, cocking his eyebrow slightly.
Oh, he doesn't know what's going on either.
Kai nods, then slips his hand into Kyungsoo's.
At least Sehun isn't here to steal hyung away.
Kai holds Kyungsoo's hand tightly, and smiles in relief to himself.
Suddenly, some familiar music starts playing from somewhere, which Kai recognizes as the background music of a dance routine he learnt not long ago.
Kai looks all around him in hope of finding the source, then sees the tall boy (though not as tall as Chanyeolie hyung) who tried to help the other boy steal Kyungsoo hyung earlier pull out his mobile phone from his pocket.
It's his ringtone.
Kai watches the older boy press firmly on the red button before shoving the phone back into his jeans pocket.
He can't hold his curiosity down.
Maybe he's a dancer too...

"I-I know that music." Kai goes up to the teenager, pulling Kyungsoo along with him.
The teenager looks pleasantly surprised, and it's only then Kai sees the dimple on his cheek.

"You do?"

"Yeah. I danced to it in my dance class. For two weeks."
The older boy's half closed eyes light up, and the dimple deepens as he smiles.

"Wow."
Kai can feel himself blushing at the impressed looks the older boy is giving him.
He's never felt more flattered, apart from when Kyungsoo hyung complimented him on his dance after walking in on him dancing in the bathroom.
He decides, that maybe he'll share Kyungsoo hyung for a little while with this hyung.

"I'm Kai. This is my hyung Kyungsoo."

"My name's Lay. Do you mind showing me your dance?" Lay takes his phone out again.
Kai almost jumped with joy, but as much as he wanted to agree, he doesn't forget to look for Kyungsoo hyung's approval.
Kyungsoo is silent, but his eyes are glistening, as if he too is anticipating Kai's dance.

"No problem!" Kai nods excitedly and follows Lay to the churchyard outside.
T-This hyung isn't too bad...
As soon as Lay puts the music on in full volume, Kai's body starts moving to the beat from memory.
He remembers how much he loved this routine when he learnt it, and he thinks he's rediscovered his love for it.
It puts a smile on Kai's face, although he doesn't realize it until the routine ends and the music stops.
Kai realizes this is the first time Kyungsoo has ever watched him dance up close.
I hope he likes it.
Kai turns to look at his favorite hyung, and he can't believe his eyes.
Kyungsoo has the proudest smile on his face, and he's chuckling happily.
He's proud of me!

"That was amazing... How old are you?"
Kai almost slaps himself.
How could he forget about Lay?
He helped me show Kyungsoo hyung.
Kai goes up to Lay, and sees that Lay has a friendly, albeit slightly goofy smile on his face.

"Seven and a half." Kai answers, giving Lay one of his biggest grins.
Lay nods in acknowledgement and gives him a pat on the head before turning to Kyungsoo.

"I see you tapping your fingers to the music. Do you dance too?"

"No... It's because I sing." Kyungsoo says shyly and joins Kai in front of Lay.
Somehow, Kai feels like Kyungsoo is reluctant to tell Lay about his singing.
Kai doesn't understand why, because Kyungsoo hyung has the loveliest singing voice Kai has ever heard.

"Can I hear you sing? I have a lot of songs on my phone if you need ideas, you can choose any one you want." Lay hands Kyungsoo his phone, but Kyungsoo shakes his head.
Instead, he closes his eyes and starts singing the same song he sings to Kai everyday.
Kai can imagine the music flowing from Kyungsoo hyung's lungs, vocal chords and lips to Kai himself.
Kai sees Lay nodding along with an appreciative smile on his face out of the corner of his eye.
Dancing for Kyungsoo hyung, hearing him sing outside, and finding a hyung who appreciates both their talents.
Kai thinks it's a good day.

 

 

Author's Note:

Does anyone get the Kyungsoo catching Kai dancing in the bathroom thing *wriggles eyebrows*

Something completely unrelated: I can't stop browsing the exomacros tag on Instagram. It's my life source lol