Confused〈Chanyeol&Kris;〉

〈 baby4evermatoki's oneshot request shop 〉 °O P E N

He always sat in the far back corner, and he never seemed to concentrate on the lessons. Yet, it seemed like he never failed classes or got called out by the teacher. His hair was always down, covering his eyes and his face was never clear. Almost always was it taminated with a bruise or a cut. I was curious about him. His name was Park Chanyeol. 

 

People say he used to be the class clown, a bright happy virus in other words. Never had anyone seen him frown or wear any expression even close to a frown. He had the biggest smile and the funniest face when he burst into a fit of laughter. Then why, for what reason did he turn so- gloomy?

 

It was around last winter. Right! Last winter, when she had started to date Kris. A now graduated senior from the school. The change wasn't noticable in the short run. Pretty subtle but seen from the long run, it was a giant change. How could a person change to drastically? For what reason? Was there a problem in his private life? Would it be rude to ask? 

 

"Hi!" I said with a big smile, standing infron of his desk. The bell for lunch had rung, but it seemed like he didn't notice. Or maybe he just didn't care. He responded with a confused look on his face. Ah... He was quite handsome from my point of view. If he would just cut off those long and ghastly fringe of his. He said nothing. "Do you know my name?" I asked, sprouting just about any question in hopes on hearing him speak. 

 

"Dongjin." He spoke quietly. 

 

I almost fell, was... that was his voice wasn't it? It was deep. I felt like I was going to fall into his voice. It somewhat suited his gloomy persona but just not his handsome face. 

 

"You do know my name!" How do you know? I know your name too though... Hah- you probably know because we're in the same class right?" I went on and on talking. Maybe- just maybe I was a little nervous. Chanyeol's deep voice caught me off guard and I wanted to hear more of it. 

___

 

It's been close to three month since I've first spoken to Chanyeol. We're pretty close now. Despite his lack of enthusiasm in class, Chanyeol is quite smart. He helps me with my homework at times. And by help, I mean he lets me copy of his work. Slowly, I was able to know a lot of things about him. He enjoys rapping and he can grill some pretty sick Korean BBQ. At times, he tries to tell jokes, but it's not funny in any way, and he always apologizes when I don't laugh. He's... cute. 

___

Things with Kris aren't going so well... He's a graduated student, and I'm still a high school girl. It's hard to reach him most of the times, and when I talk to him on the phone, it barely lasts 5 minutes. It worries me, our relationship, and I want to talk about it with someone, but it seems like there's no one to hear me out. Whenever I bring up Kris when Chanyeol and I talk, Chanyeol freezes and his gaze shifts somewhere else. It feels like I'm the teacher, and he's just in class. I don't get it. Does Kris anc Chanyeol have a bad past? 

___

I brushed the hair out of my face. Trying to remember what had happened at school today. Chanyeol and I were talking as usual during lunch, when suddenly he blurts out the three words I'd least expect him to say, "I like you". I choke on my rice and he hands me his water, and while I drink, he tells me, "I've liked you for a while. I've always tried to grab your attention. Tried to be outgoing, and fun. Then I found out you and Kris started dating, and I was lost of all hope. With Kris in the way, I wouldn't stand a chance. But I can't hide it anymore Dongjin. I like you."

It got me thinking. His confession I mean. After he had said that, he leaned back and listened to his music. It seemed like he wasn't going to talk to me for the rest of lunch time, so I took my lunch and headed back to my desk. Still doubfounded and confused. But, as I now think about it, do I like Chanyeol too?


 WEEPS BC IDK WHAT I WROTE OMG.

So if you guys don't get what happened, Chanyeol likes his classmate Dongjin, who has a boyfriend (Kris) and so Chanyeol goes through a phase. Then as Dongjin and Chanyeol befriend one another, Chanyeol confesses and poor Dongjin who is dating kris realizes she likes Kris.

For @Yakisoba_Tonkatsu

I hope you like it T^T Kris really plays a minor role here...