Flashback 4

Hope, Faith and Wait.

Flashback 4: The dream - Between 28th-29th August 2013

 

After he pulled their legs off (Baekhyun and Chanyeol) to clean up the mess in the kitchen after having an enjoyable dinner together to cheer the Exo-M members for their upcoming concert in Beijing, Sehun made his way into his bedroom, leaving those two rabbits in the kitchen, either Chanyeol proceed with his suggestion or not, he wasn’t sure, or more to didn’t care at all.

 

Seeing his adorable lover curled up on the bed, it was like for a split second everything stopped and pierced through all the bad in his life and all was well again.

 

Luhan actually didn’t sleep yet, he was just closing his tired eyes, waiting for Sehun to join him on the bed. So he could snuggle into his lover’s warm embrace.  So they had a conversation before the doze took them over.

 

Sehun pulled up the comforter up to their chest and squeezed Luhan in his arms, placed a peck on top of his head. He took a moment to take pleasure in the most beautiful and picturesque view in front of him. Luhan was already drowning in his fantasy, a soft breath was heard, it was merely a breath but tuneful to Sehun. His face showed no harm, but amicable.

 

The innocence showed on the sleeping face, the peaceful and serene dreamed blocking out the dangers of the outside. The soft breathing, making the world seemed to stand still. He fascinated Sehun as he inspected every inch of his body, taking in all his beauty, he was so different, and it amazed him.

 

Up from his soft strands of hair, to his flawless forehead, to the pair of most striking and sparkling big eyes, which perfectly made with the hazel eyebrows and thin needle-like lashes, the pretty pointed nose, and the plump pink lips with a small scar under it, but Luhan didn’t like it when people talk about it. The lips permanently abused his feeling, making him eager to connect his lips to the puffy lips.

 

Sehun gazed at the tempting lips before he planted an adoring kiss on it without waking up the owner. Luhan cuddled closer, making his hair strings tickling Sehun. Sehun again pecked on it and joined Luhan into the deep fantasy.

 

But unfortunately, he didn’t make his way into a fantasy, not even a dream, but,

 

 

A nightmare.

 

x

 

x

 

x

 

 

*A/N: The mansion was only in a dream, they don’t even own one xD

 

It was 9 in the evening; in a dim light, Sehun and Luhan were at the back of their mansion, in the flower garden. The couple was snuggling on the bench while enjoying the smooth breeze of the night hitting their face. The stars filled the empty, dark sky, sparkling, just like Luhan.  One twinkle from the star brought a happiness to zillions people.

 

A beam glistened on Luhan’s face as Sehun brought him closer. Sehun placed a tender peck on his crown.

“Luhan.” He called out, calmed.

“Hmm?” Luhan hummed and put his head up to look at the taller.

“You know that I love you, right?” Sehun kissed faintly on his nose.

He frowned when Luhan laughed after his profession.

“Why did you laugh? Am I saying something funny?” Sehun Luhan with his glare in seriousness sending a stop to Luhan’s laugh.

“Okay, okay, relax honey. It is just, I knew it. It feels so good when you say it.” Luhan brought his fingers to Sehun’s sharp jaws slightly caressing.

“I just want to say it, in case if you forgot. Well, who knows?” He nudged Luhan’s nose, making the smaller whined and pouted.

“That’s mean. Even I’m four years older than you, doesn’t mean I’m going to senile first.” Luhan crossed his arms against his chest and turned his head sulking.

“I love you, baby.” A smoky voice whispered in his ears, making he tilted his head in a shiver.

Luhan turned his face to Sehun. He broadly grinned.

Sehun stared at the smiling face in front of him. His mind recalled how much Luhan hated when people made fun of his eye wrinkles when he was smiling, he didn’t know why Luhan hated it a lot, because he loved it. Those wrinkles made Luhan somehow more attractive and with the stars in his eyes, no one would notice the wrinkles.

“You’re so cute! I love you too, honey!” Luhan pinched Sehun’s cheek and rose up.

“Hey, that’s hurt!” Sehun brushed his red cheeks.

“By the way, where are you going?” he added.

“Come, I’m going in. I need to cook. We’re having a late dinner tonight.” Luhan pulled his wrist gently.

Sehun stood on his feet and followed Luhan on his back to the back entrance of their house.

As they stepped into the house in the family room, Luhan paused and asked him.

“What do you want to eat hunnie?”

“I want to eat you!” Sehun took his arm and pretended like he was going to bite him.

“Hunnie!” Luhan screamed and ran away.

“Come here you little tasty deer!” Sehun ran after him.

“I don’t want you monster! Bad monster!” Luhan yelled, laughing.

They were laughing along the chase. After a few rounds running around a table in the room, they both stopped with a heavy pant.

“S-s-top.” Luhan with his hands on his waist was gasping for air.

“I will… but after I eat you!” Sehun attacked him again by his waist and carried him to the couch.

Luhan begged him to stop as he was suffocating from Sehun’s tickle.

“Hunnie, s-top!” he was struggling to escape but remained laughing.

He let out a fuhh as Sehun stopped. He sat on the couch.

“You’re a bad monster.” Luhan frowned.

“I am a bad monster of yours. You willingly to pet me.” Sehun gave him a naughty kiss on the lips.

Luhan narrowed his eyes and stuck his tongue out and leisurely walked to the kitchen.

I’m going to cook. Don’t follow me! Or you won’t be able to eat!” Luhan threatened.

Sehun burst into laugh seeing the adorable action supposedly to look bloodcurdling and he nodded. He finished the remaining laugh and adjusted his body to sit properly on the couch. He leaned his back to the couch after taking a newspaper on the table.

He was reading the news without noticing a strong air stream gushed from the opened back entrance door making the curtain blew high.

After a few minutes, he felt sleepy. He put down the newspaper and rubbed his eyes. He stretched a little bit and…

 

“AHHHH!” Sehun screamed at the sudden figure that showed up in front of him. A male figure.

He was tall, lean and almost thin, but no bones were showing and his pale-white skin was glowing, it was shining brightly. He was in a total white robe adding more glimmers to him.

Sehunnie! What’s wrong?!” Luhan shouted from the kitchen.

Sehun looked at the male form. The male shook his head, giving him a sign not to tell Luhan about his presence.

“N-n-othing baby! I was turning the channel and it was a ghost story, I was just shocked. Nothing much! D-don’t worry!” He shouted back as calm as he could, but a light tremble was remaining in the tone.

 

A minute ago he burst into laugh, but now he was in a maximum solemn on his face. He then locked his gazed on the male; he moved his sight up and down the figure. His face was calm, but eyes showed no phrase, it was dull, dark, there’s no glisten in his black eyes.

“Who are you? And how did you get in here?” Sehun gulped while moving back a little.

“I’m the death angel.” The male who claimed himself as the death angel smirked.

“What the fu--”

“Do not curse!” A loud voice cut him, sending more shiver to him.

“How did I get in here, it’s not important. Oh Sehun, I’m the death angel. You might not remember, but I came here for the fifth time, since the 100th day.”

The angel dropped down his smirk and began to serious again.

“I don’t believe you! I will call the police if you don’t leave! LEAVE!” He shouted a little bit shrill as he stood but he managed to control his voice not wanting his lover to notice the firm situation. He pointed at the widely opened door.

“I don’t need you to believe, Sehun. Go call the police, all you will get is get yourself to a psychiatrist because they can’t see me. And they won’t believe in you.”

Sehun thumped his fist on his palm in anger.

Control your anger.” The angel calmly ordered.

“Why should I? Who are you for me to follow your command? You’re not even the God!”

“Control your angel.” He repeated.

“I don’t want!”

“Control your anger, Sehun. Or I can’t start this, for your information, I can’t stand looking your face in any longer. So please, I need your cooperation.”

“I don---”

“Luhan is going to die!” the angel bawled before he finished his line.

Two words, Luhan and die. The blood drained from his face, with a slow voice he said.

“What?”

“Luhan is going to die.”

“What are you saying about? Where did you know about my lover?” a drip of sweat rolled down from his forehead.

“I’m an angel. That’s why I need you to calm down. Please, sit.”

With another order from him, Sehun immediately took his seat properly on the couch.

“Tell me this is a dream. Tell me this is a dream.” He chanted likely a mantra looking at the floor. He felt the heat of tense in him, he kept clawing the couch.

“Oh Sehun?” the angel called.

TELL ME THIS IS A DREAM!” He shouted. He widened his eyes as he brought his hands to his mouth closing it.

“Luhan.” He forgot not to shout or Luhan will hear him.

“Don’t worry, he won’t hear you. Now please calm down.”

“How suppose I calm down? When a male suddenly appeared in front of me, claimed himself as the death angel and I still doubt that, then he said my lover is going to die! How am I? Tell me, how?!”

He shouted, holding back his tears.

“Again, I don’t need your trust. I came here to do my work, I don’t even need your cooperation actually, but it is nice if you do. You should thank me.”

“Thank you? For what? For taking take my lover’s life? Like that?!”

“I want you to get ready.”

“You know I won’t get ready for that. If you’re taking his life, take mine first.”

“I will be gladly doing that, but sadly it’s not your time yet” The angel .

“Tell me, tell me what’s going on.” Sehun breathed long before he put up his face to look at the death angel.

He was different when he first time saw him just now. There was a glow of light in his eyes and his eye color wasn’t that dark as before, what it is?
Sympathy? Sehun didn’t need it.

“I’ll start again, I’m the death angel. You might not remember me, but I already came here for five times since the 100th day and this is the fifth. Sehun, you only have a few days with Luhan. Either you let me or not, I’m not a God who can decide this. I’ve to take his soul away.”

There was a tranquil tone, but slow. His voice wasn’t that harsh as before.

“ENOUGH! Enough with this! Stop lying!” Sehun yelled.

I’m an angel, Sehun. I don’t lie. How much as I hate this job, what do you think? It is a fun to take someone away from their beloved?”

Shan couldn’t hesitate the truth anymore, neither his tears. His upper body kept spamming or jerking and a barely soft whimpering sound from him. His face now glistened with freshly shed tears.  The pearl-shaped tears rolled down his cheeks from his luminous eyes of despair, showing a full wretchedness.

“Now I’m done. I’ve to go now. There are many other people that I should handle. Believe me Sehun, you are strong.” The angel smiled. A glow of shine emerged along his smile.

“WAIT! W-what should I do now? I don’t think I can face him, I will cry.” Sehun hid his face behind his palm sniffing.

“Now, it’s up to you. Cherish him, Sehun. Make him feels like he is the luckiest person ever. Make him feels loved. Don’t drop down his smile.”

“He is the luckiest person; I will do anything for him. I love him so much. I love him, I love him.”

Sehun mumbled to himself not realizing that the tall form was already disappearing.  He gasped, looking around the place, searching for the death angel. He was gone.

 

He burst into a sigh of frustration. He was musing over what the angel had told him before a voice calling for him.

 

“Honey! Dinner’s done!”

 

He swept his face; his eyes were swollen and red. He breathed before answered.

 

“I’m coming! A minute!” he quickly ran to the guest restroom to wash his face. Luhan shouldn’t see him in that look.

 

After that, he went to the kitchen. Luhan was humming while serving the dishes on the dining table. He looked at Sehun grinning. He was cheerful as always. Sehun jolted a little as his mind swayed to the previous flash with the death angel. He shook his head shooing away the thoughts.

 

He stepped closer to Luhan and gave him a peck on his forehead.

 

“I love you.” He smiled.

 

“I love you too.” Luhan gave him a quick lip kiss in repay before Sehun pulled a chair and Luhan sat on it.

 

They had a wonderful dinner together, filled with sweet talks pleasing each other and jokes. They had a quick shower afterward and cuddled in bed. He kissed a good night on Luhan’s temple and closed his eyes.

 

 

*

 

*

 

*

 

Sehun woke up, stretching the muscles on his arm. He beamed to himself and ruffled his messy hair.

 

“Good morning, sweetheart.”

 

He muttered, but he threw his smile as he perceived the empty spot next to him. He tried to relax, filling his mind with positive thoughts. But again, the thoughts were thrown away as he heard a loud thwack of a door closing from downstairs. He was sure it was from the main entrance.

 

He threw the blanket over his body and jumped off the bed. At once, he stomped down the stairs toward the main entrance.

 

The door was shut closed. He heard a footstep from the outside. He right away dashed out.

 

Unfortunately, he tripped his leg and fell onto the floor.

 

"Luhan! What the heck are you going?!” He shouted app all by what he was doing. He didn't even answer. He was just kept walking for non-stop with a light step.

 

"Luhan!” he shouted again and his voice suddenly and slowly getting fainter.

 

Sehun tried to scream his name one last time, but he was mute. Nothing came out. Silent tears were now streaming down his face and he couldn't move his legs to go towards him as Luhan was getting far to the opened gate. He pushed with all his strength to move them, but that resulted with nothing but searing pain.

 

He saw Luhan walked away far and far away and he tried to move to help, but he had no control in his legs and when he tried to call out his voice was muted and strained. So he could only watch Luhan walked away from him. He walked not so fast, but slow, enough to follow the wind's rhythm, his face showed no expression. He just walked away without turning back leaving Sehun still struggling to get on his feet but ended up failing. Sehun, who was on the ground, with no word spoken out from him, he was paralyzed.

 

He tried to be strong and kept his sight on Luhan hoping that Luhan will turn his body around, but there was no sign that he would do that. A confirmation he got when the smaller figure lost behind a wall with fogs surrounded him. He went away.

 

A single tear slid down from his warm, cloudy eyes, followed by another one, and another one. Until soon, a steady stream of salty tears flowed its way down his pale cheek, releasing the sadness and sorrow that has been held inside of him for all this time but still he did not make a sound. At the same time, he let out a heart wrenching wail that was followed by a series of blatant tears.

 

After the form he begged to turn around with his muted voice, at last his voice came out and he screamed as loud as he could, even he knew Luhan wouldn’t turn around, he was gone, and he left him.

 

“LUHAN! DON’T GO!”

 

 

*

 

*

 

*

 

Sehun woke and sat up as fast as a bolt of lightning. He turned his head wildly around his bedroom to see where he was placed. He let a fuhh, relieved after he noticed that he was in his bedroom. He ran the backside of his hand across his forehead and removed it to see beads of sweat streaked across the surface.  He was breathing all too rapidly and he forced himself to take quick, even, and deep breaths.

He turned his head to the spot next to him, still empty.

“No, no, it wouldn’t be true. Just no.” he chanted shaking his head until a soft voice greeted him from a corner of the bedroom.

“Good bye, Sehun.” The pale, small figure moved his fingers gesturing a good bye, showing a light smile and peaceful eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

“LUHAN! DON’T GO!”

 


Cliché or not? Dream in dream? /laugh/
Next chapter is probably the last, so tell me in the comment box below of what do you think of this chapter of 3k words?

Hit the subscribe button! Upvote, a lot of kisses for you!
Thank You.
Enjoy reading and wait for le update.



I wrote hunhan fluff one-shot : I can't resist you