Flashback 3

Hope, Faith and Wait.

Flashback 3: Before the incident (Airport)

30th August 2013
2:16 a.m

 

 

“LUHAN! DON’T GO!”

Sehun screamed while panting in overtiredness stamped on his face, he bolted upright on the bed in the dimly lit room; eye shooting opened staring at nowhere, mumbled Oh damn I was dreaming.

Next to him, Luhan, who was sleeping dead, promptly woke up and looked at the wheezing younger boy. His eyes shot open and his brow knitted together

“Sehun ah, what’s wrong?! You’re dreaming again?” He brushed Sehun on his back in circulation to calm him down.

Images flashed through Sehun’s head all at once. Sehun was all sweating on the shirtless body and his red face. An ooze of the sweat ran down from his forehead. His neck veins were showing as the tense bounded all over his body. A sting from a part of his head, causing him whimpered as he brought his palm and intensely pressed on it.

“Sehun, answer me. Is it the same dream? You’ve screamed almost every night not wanting for me to go and woke up in a sweat.” He pulled the younger closer and made him tilt his head onto his shoulder.

He tried to soothe but Sehun’s body was congealing but he was still heavily breathed blinking his eyes in exhaustion not wanting to give out any word.

“It’s okay Sehunnie. Let’s continue our sleep okay? We still have a few hours more.” Luhan brought his arm around Sehun’s shoulder, silently directing him to lie down on the bed.

Sehun lowered his body back into a laying position and stared at the ceiling.

“Go to sleep. I’ll be here and I won’t leave you. Those dreams are merely a nightmare, don’t pay attention much to it, okay?” he planted a tender kiss on the crown of Sehun’s head before he laid down on his side patting Sehun on his hip leaded him to sleep.

Sehun fell asleep in his boyfriend’s arm after struggling with the thoughts in his mind, but being left unspoken and calmer after the mellow and loving voice brought him into serenity. Listening to the slow breath, showed that Sehun came to calm and his doze brought him to let go all the thoughts of the nightmare. Luhan Held his partner's head with both hands and slowly moved his head in the direction he wished to go, then slowly kissed up toward his partner's eyes and placed a tender kiss on top of his lover's closed eyelids without waking him up.

 

 

 

6:13 a.m

 

 

Sehun stretched out his cramp muscles on his arms and yawned with his eyes remained close. He rubbed his sleepy eyes and moaned from the light tapping against his face. After he managed to fully open both eyes, he then looked at the spot next to him. At once his mind recalled what had happened a few hours ago, he began to panic. The color drained from his face as he stared wide-eye on something no one else could see, searching for his lover.

 

 “Luhan?!” He shrieked, but not too loud as he didn’t want to disrupt other members.

He bounced off the bed and dashed to the toilet, quickly twisted the knob to unlock the door and pushed it in. He peeked in, but there was no one. He ruffled his hair.

“Luhan?!” He shrieked again.

 

He ran toward the door, but he paused as he touched the knob, realizing that he was only in his boxer, he turned back and reached any piece of cloth he found.  He slipped it into his upper body and stomped out from his bedroom and went to find Luhan in the kitchen, but he wasn’t there. Other members had been already out there, Kai was helping his chef boyfriend doing some foods, looked like sandwiches, to feed those hungry stomachs. Chen and Tao were sitting on the couch, watching a movie on the television. Suho was helping Kris with his bag pack.

“Yaa maknae! Did you just see a ghost or what? You look terrified.” Xiumin who was munching an apple, leaned onto the dining table looking empty at the maknae’s face who was running out of blood, pale.

Luhan, where is he? Where is Luhan?” Sehun asked, looking around the dorm.

Sehun screamed as someone tapped him from his back, he immediately turned around and fuhh, relieved to see the figure he searched for. He hugged Luhan and kissed him multiple on his head.

“Sehunnie---I can’t brea---th!” Luhan struggled to escape from the lock in Sehun’s embrace.

“Oh, sorry! Where were you just now?” he broke the hug and the older breathed in long.

“I was in Lay’s bedroom. I was helping him do some packing. What’s wrong?” Luhan giggled, looking at his partner, with a thin blue singlet patched on his upper body, and a boxer, with stringy messy hair, unwashed face, he guessed Sehun was deadly looking for him.

“Nothing, I was shocked since I woke up but you weren’t there.” Sehun grinned and tousled his head.

“You’re sleeping so well, I didn’t have the heart to wake you up. So you’re here now, let’s take a shower together.” Luhan hauled up onto his toes to give a morning kiss to Sehun. He placed a plain sweet kiss on the taller’s lips.

“You both, Mr. Xi Luhan and Mr. Oh Sehun, may go to your bedroom please. It’s out of place, or what was that word? Ah! Malapropos, for my eyes to be feasted by lovey-dovey sights which can make me puke rainbow. Now you may go.” Tao was infected by Baekhyun to talk in a not so courteous, but weird phrase and an orotund tone which the rich dudes used it but sounded funny with his husky voice.

Luhan stuck his tongue out when Tao gave his not so compliments but complains. He hooked his arm with Sehun’s and walked to their bedroom.

Luhan stopped in front Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s bedroom’s door. He knocked on it thrice.

“Lions, stop being so ! Get your ing asses out and get ready!” He shouted from the outside.

Luhan laughed, joined by Sehun walking into their bedroom. They had a shower together right away after they undressed themselves.

 

 

* * *

 

 

Seoul International Airport.
7:35 a.m

 

 

Exact on 7 in the morning, after they were done with their stuffs and bags, making sure that they weren’t leaving anything behind, they headed to the airport by two cars. One was filled with Exo-M members; another one was filled with Exo-K members. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were having an enjoyable time teasing Sehun, who was apart with his lover in the other car until they were stopped by the latter Mama, Kyungsoo. Kai just could laugh seeing the two were being nagged by his motherly boyfriend.

After half an hour, they reached there. They took their bags and made their way into the airport. Chanyeol, still had the time to tease the Maknae.

“Here he comes, your mate, parrot!” Chanyeol loved to call Sehun parrot as his hair was dyed in rainbow.

Sehun grinned wide when he saw Exo-M’s car arrived, they were a little bit late since they stopped to fill the petrol.

Luhan was the first one to jump out and went straight to hug the waiting Sehun with his arms opened.

“Sehunnie! I miss you!”

Tao, skipped his foot out of the car, putting his hat on and sighed.

“Airport drama much.” He walked by them, not realizing the death glare from the two, but then began to focus on each other.

“I miss you too, little deer.” They interlocked their fingers and joined the rest into the airport.

 

 

All the twelve members of Exo gathered at the airport after having their breakfast halfway to the airport. Half were going to perform in Beijing, half was going to say good bye. Their flight will be heading off on eight, they filled the time with chattering and joking like they always did.

 

Lay spotted Sehun, who was walking out of the male restroom. He strolled with his mind ran off the mill, unable to focus.

“What’s wrong with that kiddo?” Lay pointed at him and asked Luhan.

 Luhan shrugged his shoulder and shook his head.

“I don’t have any idea.”

“Go calm him down; he looks like a lost kitten.” Lay beamed showing his deep dimple on his right cheek.

“That’s the exact thing I’m going to do right now.” Luhan walked to Sehun.

While Suho glimpsed at them biting his lips, wondered what was wrong with the maknae. He turned his head as Kyungsoo him on the shoulder from his back.

“They’re going to be okay.” Kyungsoo smiled, a heart shape carved on his lips, sending it to Suho.

Suho jiggled his head and continued to chat with the other members, leaving the other two with their private talk.

 

 

Luhan stepped out nearer to Sehun but the rainbow-hair one didn’t say a thing, but kept his eyes on the ground while his fingers were brushing to each other hidden in his jean’s pocket. He had been so tensed but he himself didn’t know why. He felt like something bad going to happen.

Luhan gently put his right hand up to touch the stiffen body in front of him, his eyes were crowded with uneasiness and millions of questions kept hitting him in the mind. He gasped when his hand was grasped by the taller on his wrist. He turned up his head searching for the pair of eyes he loved the most.

“Baby.” Sehun held the shorter's hand. A drop of hot tear dropped onto the cold hand.

“Sehunnie. What’s wrong? Don’t be like this, can you? I don’t think I can leave you like this.” Luhan wiped away the tear with his right thumb forcing his lips to twitch into an almost impossible smile.

Sehun played with the fingers saying no words spoken between them until Luhan moved a step forward, making their chest attached together, changing beats from the hearts, swift.

“Hey, you not-so-little-but-tall kid, cry no more okay? I’ve promised you, right? That I’ll text you, give you a call and video call from there as soon if I have free times. Looking at you like this makes you like a girl!” He brushed lightly Sehun’s cheek as he chuckled.

Luhan immediately snuggled and hid himself in the taller’s chest. He rested his right hand on Sehun’s shoulder, smiled, listening to the melodious tune of the uneven beating in a hasty way.

“Can’t you be calmer? Take a deep breath; I want to hear your heart beat in gentle.” He Sehun’s chest and Sehun took him by the hand and left a chaste mild peck on it.

I’m Sorry.” Luhan tighten the hug and rested his head on the shoulder.

“No Lu. I’m the one who should say sorry. Being girly like this, I just don't want to be apart from you now, just don't want.” Sehun still didn't tell the fact why he had been so tensed and irritable.

“If only I had the choice for not going there, but it is for us, for our triumph!” Luhan jumped on his foot fervently and squeezed Sehun’s arm while smiling broadly.

“No. I’m being too much egoistic. I’ve been thinking so much about that drea--” Sehun paused before he finished his line. He couldn't tell that the nightmare had been haunting him incessantly.

“Drea-- what? Dream?” Luhan was disoriented for a few seconds, but then looked up at Sehun.

No-nothing. Just nothing.” he shook his head, giving him an edgy smile.

 

Luhan didn’t believe in his respond, instead he stared acutely into Sehun’s eyes seeking for the answer of why his lover had been acting like that. He was dumbfounded with the uncanny attitude the younger was giving him. They were conversing through their eyes after his eyes met with Sehun.

My God this little Hyung’s stare freak out people more than anything! Sehun muttered, turning away his head, not wanting to lose in the fact that he might have hurt his mate’s feeling because of his childish behavior. He gulped and put his hands in the pocket of his jeans, it was a common spontaneous effect when he was intense.

He looked back at the shorter right away when he felt his hands were being dragged out from the pocket. Luhan, with a various expression printed on his face, not anger, but upset, not sad, but gloomy.

Sehun was troubled, he quickly find for an ideal sentence to say, feeling a painful tug on his chest looking at the wretched lover of him.

 

“Luhan.” His voice was almost inaudible, but before he found the exact phrase, Luhan mugged his face with his cold palms.

“I told you not to think much about those nightmares right, Sehun?” Luhan was not looking dead pan, but he pressed his voice into a deeper tone.

Sehun was too stupefied to answer. No words were spoken in the instant they made the eye contact but he could see there was a whole world of questions dazzled within Luhan.

“Oh Sehun, promise me. Don’t think about it no more. Please Sehun, make me at ease please?” Luhan was wetting his skins with the warm liquids from his eyes.

Sehun was at a lost for words as he stared at the not-a-sparkling eyes in happiness but misery. He was deficient in searching the right idiomatic expressions, so that he just pulled the shaking form of the one he loved so much into his embrace, entwined oneself around in his arms.

Luhan didn’t sniff, but remained quiet.

“I promise! I promise Xiao Lu! Now, don’t cry. I know it’s my fault. I’m sorry. I’m not letting you go with this face, it’s winsome as usual, but if it is etched with a little twinkle, then it would be a cut above!” Sehun exclaimed creating a twitch on the corner of Luhan’s lips, he smiled.

“You idiot! It’s not your fault. Just don’t do that again, okay Honey?” He stressed twisting his lips into a grimace.

“But you love this idiot, right?” Sehun gave him a quick peck on the cheek, but enough to make the older flushed with red on the whole face.

“Yes I love this idiot!” Luhan blurted out and hid himself at the shoulder of his lover.

I love you too, baby. Always will.” He blew a kiss on the crown of Luhan’s head.

A moment later, they were alarmed by Kris not far from them shrieking for Luhan’s name.

“Luhan! Be hurry!” Kris called him from behind.

Luhan pulled the long sleeve of his jacket up a bit to take a peek on his wristwatch; it was a few minutes before eight, which their flight will be departing later.

Sehunnie, I have to go now. Take care.” Luhan held Sehun’s shoulder.

“No. I mean, okay..” Sehun’s eyes were focused on the ground, not wanting the tears to drop again.

 

He clutched his fists to gather around his strength. He turned his head upward and set his eyes on the smaller figure of Luhan, he gave him the last hug while whispering a mushy phrase I love you into Luhan’s ear and left a soothing kiss on it. The unexpected thing was the last hug, was a real last one.

“I love you more, more than you can ever imagine. Try imagining it, or you would go insane.” Luhan let out a lovely chuckle.

“I wouldn’t dare to do that. Take care too, okay? Don’t forget your promises, to text and call me.”

Sehun pecked between the eyebrows and tilted his head right to kiss for the last time on that puffy pink lips that he worshipped the most and the only lips that will attach to his. Ignoring the crowds, they kissed till the last. They broke the kiss and Luhan looked at him smiling with his sparkling eyes, but again, they were distracted by Chen this time.

“Luhan Hyung! Hurry up! Save the kiss later, okay! We don’t want to miss our flight.” Chen shouted from the entrance of the departure station. Yes, later.

“A minute!” Luhan put up his index finger and turned to Sehun. While Chen looked tense waiting for Luhan because the plane will board in no time from now, burbled a minute your ing ! before Xiumin came and tapped on his shoulder.

“Let them be.” Xiumin smiled, watching his age-line mate and his dongsaeng, as a brother, their heart linked to each other, and he could feel what Luhan and Sehun felt right now.

 

 

“This is not a goodbye. No matter what, remember, I’m always here.” Luhan put his palm onto Sehun’s chest where his heart was.

“See you, Xiao Lu.”

“See you too, Sehunnie!” Luhan took his step back as Sehun placed a peck on his forehead.

Sehun yet was holding Luhan’s hand tight sending him off to the departure station. Their hands separated and he gave him a wave. He couldn’t take off his eyes from his glowing beam of his lover, until the form was lost behind the wall, he turned back.

 

 

Baekhyun who was standing not so far from him looked up to Chanyeol.

“He never reacted like this before.” Baekhyun looked trouble seeing the maknae, he looked lost.

“He’ll be okay.” Chanyeol brushed the petite boy on his cheeks and smiled.

Call him, we’re going back now.”

Chanyeol nodded.

Sehun-ah! Come!” Chanyeol gestured his hands to Sehun.

 

 

Sehun nodded in docile and walked toward them.

 

 

 

He never knew that he couldn’t hold that finger again.
He never knew that he couldn’t see that face again.
He never knew he couldn’t hug that person again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 He never knew…

 

 


Not a 4k for this chap but 3k is already a worth. lols
Is it? I think next chapter will be shorter.

Leave the comments below, hit the subscribe button!
Upvote, a lot of kisses for you!
Thank You.
Enjoy reading and wait for le updates.


Btw check this one-shot BaekYeol fluff from me, puppy please? ^^-
This is a gift for all baekyeolholic and exotic or just for all for our Baekdiva’s birthday!

Baekyeol - Your gift is… Me?