Reliving

First rain

Siwon and Donghae had an absolutely......"wild day" to be exact. They were in luck as the tickets to the latest Sci-fi movie were almost about to sell out. But unfortunately those were front row tickets. Not that both of them were complaining about it. The whole point of today's outing was to let themselves loose out of all those things that had been tiring and tying them down. And for the first time in years, Siwon felt like he had travelled back in time as he relived all his precious college moments with his dearest friend. Both of them couldnt control their excitement as they watched the movie and continued howling and whistling whenever there was a high octane action sequence.

 

Even after the movie was over, Siwon couldnt stop gushing about it. He felt like a kid praising the VFX and applauding everything right from the performance of the actor to that of the supporting characters. Moving on never seemed so mentally exhilarating for him.

 

"So where do we go next?" Siwon asked excitedly.

 

"Oh ho! Somebody's enjoying himself, eh?!" Donghae smiled and playfully nudged Siwon's arm.

 

"Well! If it werent for you, I'd be cooped up miserably in my room all day! I cant help it that I feel excited. Its like I am living a dream that I dont wanna wake up from!" Siwon said.

 

"Awwww! Look at you, getting all mushy. It was my pleasure!.........Ooh! Look the clouds are clearing out!" Donghae pointed at the sky and Siwon lifted his head to see it.

 

"Pretty isnt it? The first rays of the sun peeping out through those grey clouds giving a renewed hope!" Donghae continued and Siwon chuckled slightly at him.

 

"I didnt know philosophy was your thing! Whatever happened to your "take-no--speak-no-" attitude?" Siwon asked.

 

"Oh! So I am talking now!?" Donghae asked while lunging forward to smack Siwon's head.

 

"Alright! Hey easy! But .....but seriously, now I am starting to think that I am the only one who hasnt done any remarkable growing up since college!" Siwon admitted.

 

"Its all because of.....this!" Donghae said while pointing to his digicam.

 

"Your........digicam? How?" Siwon's eyebrows shot up.

 

"Its because of my profession! Taking up photography was the best thing I had ever done in my life. It made me appreciate beauty in everything, made me pay attention to even the tiniest bit of detail! Thats why nothing ever fazes me" Donghae said and Siwon nodded in agreement.

 

"Thats why you should take this as a good sign and step out of your shell. Bury your bitter past deep down and start appreciating the beauty around you." Donghae said and it instantly made Siwon think about Kyuhyun. That made him smile in thought.

 

"Now. We go shopping!" Donghae said.

 

"Shopping??" Siwon wondered.

 

"YOU ruined my Prada last night remember?!" Donghae pointed a finger while Siwon held a guilty expression.

 

"*sigh* Alright. Lets go then" Siwon agreed letting Donghae drag him to the shopping mall.

 

They shopped for clothes, shoes that Donghae had wanted so badly and bags all day. They took loads of pictures as they sat down for dinner in a restaurant and ate till their stomachs exploded. After walking a while, they stopped for some soft drinks and sat down on a bench to relax.

 

"I cant thank you enough for today Donghae." Siwon said.

 

"Again? Man you're so persistent! I already said its NO BIG DEAL! So stop thanking me already!" Donghae said and both of them settled in a comfortable silence.

 

While Donghae scrolled through the pictures they took all day in his digicam Siwon said "I saw someone today at the skating rink." And that piqued Donghae's interest as he cocked his eyebrow and asked for details.

 

"He simply took my breath away at first sight! He was.....I dont know....I...I cant explain it properly. You know the feeling of a thousand butterflies flapping in your stomach!? I felt high in an instant and it felt good....No....I felt beyond good!" Siwon spoke while Donghae smiled.

 

"Ha ha ha....You sound like a high school girl describing her first crush. So who was it?" Donghae asked.

 

"He is a college student. And he was exceptional on the ice! So graceful!" Siwon described and began narrating the entire incident right from colliding with him to the friendly chat they had till Donghae came.

 

"No kidding! So all that philosophical was for nothing!? Your heart moved on to this "Ice Prince" so quickly!?" Donghae barked incredulously.

 

"Yup. I wanted to tell you sooner but we kinda got caught on our day out that it slipped my mind" Siwon admitted.

 

"*sigh* Oh boy! Look at the time! I have to get back to my studio" Donghae stated.

 

"So, I'll see you at the rink again tomorrow?" Siwon asked.

 

"I am sorry but I have an important assignment so I'll be out of town for the next week. I'll make it up to you when I get back" Donghae reasoned.

 

"Ah! Its perfectly fine. Work comes first. You take care and keep in touch" Siwon said.

 

"Will do buddy. See 'ya" Donghae bumped shoulders and set off in the opposite direction while Siwon headed towards his home.

 

"I'm home" he called out when his mom came and took the bags from his hands.

 

"My my....You looked like you were busy all day Siwon-ah! Didnt even think of calling us once!?" his mom said while he plopped down on the couch in the living room.

 

"Sorry. I was out with Donghae, a friend of mine from college. And I had a GREAT time with him today." he said and started opening up the bags that contained souvenirs for his parents.

 

He then trudged upstairs towards his room. "Arent you having dinner?" his dad asked while his mom laid out the plates.

 

"Nope. Already had it. You guys enjoy. I am exhausted" Siwon said and disappeared upstairs.

 

"Yeobo! Our Siwonnie seemed a lot happier today, didnt he?" his mom asked while his dad agreed with a smile. Both couldnt be any happier now that their son seemed to have started to move on from his past.

 

Dressing up in a baggy shorts and a wifebeater, he settled on his bed resting his head on his arms reminiscing the whole day.

 

"That Donghae! I wonder where he gets all that energy from! I couldnt even keep up with him" he wondered himself.

 

And then at that moment, his mind wandered off to the blissful moments in the skating rink. Jessica had long vacated that little special place in his heart and now that place was ready for a new occupant by the name of Cho Kyuhyun. He recalled how beautiful the young boy had looked in the hunter green sweater and those slacks sliding on the ice like he owned it. He suddenly felt all the more excited when he thought about watching him skate again tomorrow. And he couldnt wait. He just couldnt! He was in love.....again!

 

On that note, he let his eyelids droop and take him to his happy place, a place where there will be no more pain or suffering.

 

The next day, Siwon sprang up from his bed the moment he heard his alarm go off. He practically skipped to the bathroom happily humming his favorite tune while bathing, putting on his favorite set of clothes, the new cologne that he had bought yesterday in the mall and spruced himself up for a bleary day at the office. Heading downstairs he saw his mom busy in the kitchen preparing his breakfast while his dad busied himself with the newspaper.

 

"Good morning. I hope you both liked your gifts" Siwon said.

 

"Yes we did son. And look...your dad even started wearing the watch you bought for him!" his mom said as he noticed the watch around his dad's wrist.

 

He smiled contentedly while having breakfast. Saying his goodbyes he headed towards his office. His colleagues wondered what had gotten into him today that he seemed so happy and rejuvenated. His entire day went smoothly and soon it was evening and it was time to head to the rink. He packed all his things in haste and nearly ran out bidding farewell to his colleagues for the day. He went home, freshened up and got ready in his casuals.

 

"Where are you off to in such a hurry? You barely got home Siwon-ah!" his mom said.

 

"I am going to the skating rink mom. Be back soon." Siwon said and dashed outside.

 

"Thats strange! Since when is he so into skating?" his mom wondered cluelessly.

 

Siwon took a brisk walk to the rink and found many kids lining up to buy their skates from the rental store. He panned from left to right but couldnt spot the young boy. The crowd seemed to grow by the minute still there was no sign of Kyuhyun.

 

Seems like he couldnt make it today! And here I was getting paranoid about missing out on him!

 

He let himself get carried away by that train of thought while buying his skates from the store. But when he bought them and turned he spotted Kyuhyun standing near the entrance carrying his knapsack looking around for a way to get in. Siwon felt his heart soar as soon as he had spotted him and so he waved to him to catch his attention. Kyuhyun was dressed in a cream coloured sweater paired with dark grey leg hugging tracksuit. His wavy chocolate curls were tied up in a tiny loose pony tail at the back that made him look a lot prettier than yesterday.

 

"Kyuhyun! Cho Kyuhyun! Over here!" He yelled at the top of his voice.That caught Kyuhyun's attention as he smiled at Siwon and came closer.

 

"Siwon-ssi! You came earlier than me!" Kyuhyun said.

 

"Uh uh uh....What did I tell you yesterday? Call me Siwon. No need for formalities" Siwon insisted.

 

"Are you sure? You're way older than I am!" Kyuhyun exclaimed while Siwon rolled his eyes.

 

"Yah! You make me sound like an old man." he whined. Kyuhyun giggled cutely covering his mouth and that made Siwon's heart skip a beat.

 

How adorable! Gosh! Is he even for real!

 

"Alright alright! Forgive me for making you feel that way." Kyuhyun said.

 

"I thought you wouldnt make it today." Siwon said as he adjusted his skates.

 

Kyuhyun sat on one of the benches and took out his skates from his bag. "I had to make a detour at the pharmacy on the way. Hence the delay!" he said.

 

"Pharmacy??? Why? Are you sick? You dont feel good?" Siwon asked worriedly.

 

"Ha ha...no need to be worried Siwon. Just stocking up on some Vitamins." He said and wore his skates. He crouched down and grabbed his bottle to drink from. Then he untied his pony tail and let his soft curls frame his face once again like yesterday. Siwon was simply entranced by the sight. How could someone be so utterly attractive?

 

"Why did you let your hair loose? Wont it get in your way when you skate?" Siwon asked.

 

"I like letting my hair sway in the wind as I skate. Thats why I never crop it." Kyuhyun said while he skated past the people to a secluded area in the farthest corner of the rink carrying his portable music player and Siwon followed close behind.

 

"Isnt your coach with you today?" Siwon asked.

 

"No. He had to leave town for a couple of days. You see he runs his academy so he makes frequent visits there to supervise if things are going good or not!" Kyuhyun said as Siwon hummed in response.

 

"I always like to come here and practice away from the crowd. It sets my mind at ease and helps me concentrate more easily." Kyuhyun said as he loaded up the CD into his music player. He did a few reps of warm ups and loosened his arms and legs while Siwon skated lesiurely around for a while watching the boy's activities.

 

Turning the music on, he started his routine. He skated aimlessly for a few seconds before starting to move according to the beat of the music. It was a soothing piano number and perfectly matched his grace and elegance. Siwon just couldnt take his eyes off of him even for a second. He admired the way his face lit up happily, the way the strands of his hair swayed in the wind and the way he twirled and twisted his body without losing momentum. The routine continued for about 5 to 6 minutes and then he stopped as the music stopped playing.

 

"Why arent you skating Siwon?" Kyuhyun asked innocently and that made Siwon snap out.

 

"All you have done is stand there and watch my routine." Kyuhyun said while Siwon smiled sheepishly scratching the back of his head.

 

"Well you were absolutely beautiful on the ice that I just couldnt tear my eyes away from you!" Siwon said candidly. That earned him a beautiful blush dusting the pale cheeks of the young boy. He just couldnt get enough of the flustered look of Kyuhyun right now.

 

He called me beautiful? Just what is it with people calling me cute and....and beautiful?? Kyuhyun thought and fought hard to contain the intensifying blush.

 

"I would be lying if I told you that I wasnt anticipating all day to finally watch you skate. I think I've become your fan Kyuhyun" Siwon dropped another compliment that just made Kyuhyun's blush intensify suddenly.

 

"Is...is that so? I..am ....ff..flattered Siwon" Kyuhyun stuttered and mentally cursed for having made a fool out of himself. Siwon smiled seeing Kyuhyun stutter revealing his dimples which Kyuhyun was seeing for the very first time.

 

They look so deep....He wondered.

 

And so like that both of them spent time together talking and skating till it became dark. Helping themselves to hot cocoa, they sat down on one of the benches and took off their skates. Siwon returned his skates to the store while Kyuhyun safely kept them inside his knapsack. Fetching his hair band, he neatly tied his hair into a pony tail like before.

 

"Well! Its been a pleasure meeting you again Siwon. I should get going" Kyuhyun bowed and proceeded to leave.

 

"Wait. I'll walk you home" Siwon offered.

 

Kyuhyun turned back and said "Its no big deal Siwon. I can manage by myself"

 

"No please! I insist" Siwon pressed on.

 

"Are you sure about it?" Kyuhyun asked.

 

"Sure I am sure. Now lets get you home before its late" Siwon said and begun walking along with the boy. While they were walking, the wind started to pick up and it got awfully chilly for comfort. It looked like it could rain any minute now. Within seconds, lightning started to flash and thunder cracked as a few tiny droplets dropped on Siwon's nose.

 

Looking up at the gathering clouds Siwon said "Oh dear! How come its gonna rain again!? It was quite sunny all day!"

 

Kyuhyun immediately pulled out his blue umbrella and unfurled it covering both of them from the rain. Siwon stared at Kyuhyun for a second before saying "You came prepared today, didnt you?"

 

Smiling in response Kyuhyun said "Seonsangnim isnt home so I need to take care of myself today."

 

"Um...Forgive me if I am being nosy but why is it that you get sick so easily from being exposed to rain? Havent you consulted with a doctor for a cure or something?" Siwon asked as he continued walking.

 

"Its not just the rain Siwon. Any kind of pollution or contamination will send me reeling for days. My body doesnt have the strength to fight off illnesses you see! So I catch cold quickly and feel miserable." Kyuhyun said.

 

"Hence I stock up on Vitamins to give me strength and stamina" he added while Siwon held a worried expression.

 

"But still. Vitamins are just temporary means to ward off diseases. You need to get your body checked nevertheless!" he insisted.

 

"Ha ha...You're starting to sound like my mom" Kyuhyun giggled while Siwon replied "Sorry! I didnt mean to sound so nagging but you should go to a doctor, 'ya know!"

 

"I have my family doctor taking care of me from time to time. He prescribes me medicines and yucky cough syrups! Yack" Kyuhyun fake gagged and clenched his eyes shut and Siwon laughed out loud at his reaction.

 

The rain seemed to intensify by the minute while they walked. Finally Kyuhyun reached his home.

 

"Here we are! I hope I have not troubled you too much by having you walk me home" Kyuhyun bowed again.

 

"Its fine. In fact you and I dont live that far from each other. My house is just down this street" Siwon stated.

 

"Why dont you come inside till the rain stops" Kyuhyun offered.

 

"I am afraid not. You see, my mom will probably be worried sick on whats taking me this long, so I should better be on my way" Siwon said and stepped a bit away from the protection of the umbrella.

 

"Are you crazy? Cant you see how harsh its coming down?" Kyuhyun yelped and yanked Siwon by the arm again under the umbrella that made him startled.

 

Siwon was surprised by the sudden gesture from the boy and stared at his arm that was currently being grasped by Kyuhyun's slender fingers.

 

"Here! Take this and go home" Kyuhyun offered him his umbrella to take. He headed inside the porch of his house and let Siwon take it.

 

"You can return this to me tomorrow when you come to the rink." Kyuhyun said.

 

"And how can you be sure that I would come?" Siwon egged on.

 

"You're my fan arent you? So you would come definitely" Kyuhyun asserted while Siwon cocked his eyebrow in acknowledgement

 

Not only is he good looking but smart as well....Interesting!

 

"Thank you for this umbrella. I'll surely come to see you practice tomorrow" Siwon said and waved.

 

"Good night Siwon. And be careful on your way home!" Kyuhyun waved in return and smiled.

 

"Good night to you too Kyuhyun" Siwon turned his back and walked away. Recalling the angelic smile that Kyuhyun gave just now, he sighed in content and continued walking back home in the rain under the protection of the blue umbrella.


Hola 'ma peeps! I am back with another chapter...whoot whoot!

On account of a certain someone requesting me to send Hae away...I have sent him away on an assignment.....Just for the time being! So that I can squeeze in some space exclusively for Wonkyu in this chapter!

I hope you like this update my "certain someone"....kekeke...XD Read and tell me what you guys think...Love ya all..:*