Falling

First rain

Jessica was known as the diva of the campus. She sure was an eye candy and almost every guy was head over heels in love with her. There was never a day that had gone by in her life without being drowned in gifts by her lovesick fans. All this "over-the-top" attention had certainly gotten to her head and she started throwing unwanted tantrums and mocking at guys who according to her werent anywhere near her league. She always was surrounded by a group of annoying teeny boppers who would never hesitate to kiss up to her 24/7. They would always follow her around and abide by her orders. While most of the guys in the campus had the hots for her, Siwon hadnt apparently been affected by her charms and vivacity. Surely she was drop dead gorgeous and not to mention, filthy rich but Siwon found her too pushy and bossy.

 

And Jessica was quite interested with this peculiar quality of Siwon. She would always notice him sitting at the farthest corner of the table in the cafeteria and happily chatting with his friends and never once looking her way during lunch. But the so called "attraction" that she had towards Siwon was not borne out of sincere feelings from the heart but rather it was a matter of pride and self esteem. She had wondered many times how could someone be so dense and not even learn to appreciate her beauty! It was once during lunch at the cafeteria that one of her classmates had mentioned how just one guy in college wasnt affected in the least by her charms. Jessica knew that they were talking about Siwon. They even mentioned that it was probably because Jessica has started to lose her hold on guys and that no one found her worth the chase anymore.

 

The thought of herself losing hold on the one thing that she was best known for had irked her to her core. She felt insecure. And then she promised to herself and her classmates one day that she would make Siwon fall in love with her in a matter of days. She took it up as a challenge, never once thinking about Siwon's feelings or how he would be devastated to know that it had all been for a stupid bet. She was a self obsessed exhibitionist, everyone knew it for a fact but now her only goal was to make one of the most charming guys in college chase after her like a love sick puppy. She found no remorse, no regret and no guilt in gratifying her insecure heart at the cost of someone's pure feelings.

 

She kept a close watch on Siwon for a few days and even got to know more of his ideal type of girl from one of his closest campus buddies. She changed herself temporarily according to Siwon's likes. Slowly as the days went by she found Siwon making a glance or two at the cafeteria, in class, in gym etc and then it progressed until both started exchanging smiles and minute conversations for courtesy sake. She was contented with herself for making rapid progress in making Siwon get acquainted with her first.

 

But the fateful day came when one of Siwon's closest buddies suggested to go on a blind date during holidays. Despite Siwon's reluctance, his friends including Donghae had dragged him to a coffee shop. Upon reaching, Siwon was wonderstruck at the fact that it was Jessica and a bunch of her friends sitting at the table. All of them had a nice hearty conversation over coffee and clicked pictures with one another. Jessica and Siwon's friends were well aware of how both of them had a thing for each other and so they started giving lame excuses and left in a hurry leaving just the two of them at the coffee shop.

 

Although it was all an act for Jessica, Siwon found himself falling for her cluelessly. And when he offered to drop her at her home, Jessica's masochistic side was euphoric. When her stop finally came, Siwon grabbed her wrist and stopped her from walking further. He confessed his pure and true feelings of love to her and waited patiently for her response.

 

And thats how a totally clueless and unsuspecting Siwon fell prey to her. Although her target was to make Siwon fall in love with her, her heart had wanted to experience how dating a charming guy like him felt like. And so she had wanted to play a bit more with him instead of brutally rejecting him at the moment. And so she said yes. She agreed to become his official girlfriend.

 

The whole college was in uproar at how Siwon had so easily captured the heart of the vivacious beauty. Soon they became the hot topic that everyone discussed and debated over. Jessica demanded pricey gifts and Siwon was more than happy to shower her with his love and undivided attention without thinking twice. They went on dates, watched movies together and even made love during an overnight stay at Jessica's house. To her it didnt matter if Siwon came from a working class family which solely survived on the monthly salary of his clerk father. All she wanted were gifts and mercs and occasionally showered her fake love over Siwon by being clingy and touchy whenever he demanded something in return. The sad part was Siwon wasnt smart enough to figure out her insincerity towards him.

 

However Donghae was well versed in things like this. He even tried to warn Siwon and started giving him subtle messages with underlying meanings that Siwon had always failed to understand. "She has changed Donghae! She is no longer the old Jessica..and we love each other very much" he had tried pacifying Donghae by saying that. With time even Donghae had given up on enlightening Siwon and thought that probably Jessica had indeed changed for good.

 

Things seemed to be going smoothly for them and soon they graduated from college. Siwon found himself a clerical job while Jessica was hell bent on modelling. Their professional lives were poles apart and so they had to part from one another. While Siwon had made it a point to call her every day before going to work despite him being busy, Jessica rarely gave importance to it. Most of the time while Siwon called her, her phone would either be switched off or on voice record. He rarely got to speak to her and she kept giving him lame excuses that she was either busy on a photo shoot or was on an important meeting with her designer. With distance, came misunderstandings and soon they started bickering over the simplest of things. In their relationship, Siwon was more of the adjusting type and hence he would always be the first to apologise to her even if she had been the one to start the fight. 

 

Jessica hadnt realised that things would escalate so much and so she wanted to end this suffocating fake relationship with Siwon. By that time, she had also fallen in love with her French designer Pierre who was a multi-millionaire. Just when Siwon still had hope that things would work out between him and Jessica in this long distance relationship, he received a call from her one night. She confessed to him about her intentions in college and that she was merely faking it all along. She said that she could never fall in love with a mere clerk who had no guarantee of providing her with what she had wanted in life. Siwon was heart broken and was devastated beyond anything. From that day forwards, Jessica had disappeared from his life without a trace leaving a mentally traumatised Siwon to mend a broken heart for years without moving on.

 

Until yesterday, Siwon had had no idea that he would be able to forget about her even for a second. His love was not reciprocated after all! But Donghae had managed to break his shell and bring him out of his self inflicted mental stress. He felt alive again as he poured his heart out to Donghae last night. Siwon knew that Donghae was passionate about photography right from his college days. And true to his dream, he had finally become one and was currently working with top notch ad agencies and magazines. Donghae even managed to narrate to Siwon about his globe-trotting experiences over the years at the club last night.

 

And right now Siwon couldnt be happier that he had listened to Donghae's advice and came here to the rink. He had gotten the chance to lay his eyes on a beauty far more superior to Jessica's. Heck! Jessica wouldnt even come close for all he cared! But in all honesty, he was slightly uncomfortable about the fact that it was not a girl but a boy. Up until now, he had no idea whatsoever that he would be feeling something of this sort towards a guy and a much younger one at that. From appearance, he would say that Kyuhyun was atleast five to six years younger than Siwon was.

 

But that was the beauty of love at first sight. You never take age or or colour or anything into consideration and just let your heart loose and let it soar high. That was exactly the feeling that Siwon had when he laid his eyes on Kyuhyun gliding on the ice so gracefully. If Kyuhyun's looks were able to send Siwon's poor heart into a frenzy, his voice apparently melted Siwon at the spot when he introduced himself. Kyuhyun had bright, big, sparkling pair of brown doe shaped eyes, soft brunette curls that were slightly long and framed his face, sharp nose, smooth cheeks devoid of blemishes and a pair of kissable, plump lips. His complexion was fair almost to the point to be called milky white. And his thousand watt smile could possibly get rid of all possible negativity around him.

 

Right now, Siwon and Kyuhyun were seated on a bench outside the rink enjoying their cup of hot cocoa and witnessing the first summer shower that year. They conversed for a few minutes and Siwon came to know that Kyuhyun was a college student in his sophomore year and that he had been learning to skate ever since he was a six year old kid.

 

While taking a sip of his cocoa, Kyuhyun asked "I havent seen you around here. Is this your first time coming here?"

 

"Um. No actually I used to come here a few years ago but then stopped as soon as I got a job. I wasnt planning to come today either but got dragged forcefully by my friend who doesnt seem to be making an appearance anytime soon." Siwon said.

 

"Hm. He probably got stuck in this rain or something. Why dont you try calling him?" Kyuhyun suggested.

 

"Tried his number a couple times already! He doesnt seem to picking up" Siwon said.

 

"Well then, I guess you have no choice but to entertain yourself with this rain and this...hot cocoa till your friend comes. And possibly we can get to know each other a lot more with this excuse." Kyuhyun said and took another sip of his cocoa.

 

A comfortable silence prevailed between them as Kyuhyun continued to enjoy the downpour and relishing the fresh smell of wet soil. While he had his eyes closed as the water sprayed a bit over his face, Siwon took this as an opportunity to admire the young skater's striking features. It was no doubt that Kyuhyun seemed a lot feminine with his hair that almost touched his shoulders and was fascinated with the way the fringes played at his smooth forehead. His heart skipped a beat when he again visualised this ethereal beauty skating over the ice a few moments ago. He had confirmed that it was love at first time for him. Love, something that he had lost hope on ever since his disastrous "fake" relationship with Jessica.

 

Smiling in acknowledgement, Siwon asked "Do you love the rain?" and broke the silence.

 

"What? Sorry I wasnt paying attention" Kyuhyun said sheepishly.

 

"Do you love the rain? You seemed to be quite enamoured by it!" Siwon repeated.

 

"I ...ugh...I do...I love the rain....a lot. I have yearned to play in the rain ever since I was a child and to get drenched to the bone!" Kyuhyun confessed with a rather sullen expression.

 

"What? You havent been drenched in rain before in your whole life?" Siwon stared in surprise and Kyuhyun nodded in disagreement.

 

"Do you want to play now?" Siwon asked out of curiosity.

 

"Its not like I dont want to play. I cant play coz I fall sick very quickly. Once I got drenched in rain on the way back from school as I forgot to carry an umbrella and got so sick that I wasnt able to go to school for a few days. Mom and dad scolded me so much for being careless." Kyuhyun said.

 

"Oh! Thats too bad....But it was years ago right!? Your immune system can probably withstand the rain now that you're older!" Siwon tried to reason but was met with a sad and pained look on Kyuhyun's face.

 

Suddenly he heard someone calling Kyuhyun from afar.

 

"Oh! Too bad! I gotta leave Siwon-ssi. My coach is calling me now. Anyway it was nice talking to you." Kyuhyun stood up and threw the paper cup in the dust bin.

 

"Where were you? I have been looking for you everywhere. You forgot your umbrella again didnt you?" the tall male said sternly while Kyuhyun pouted and apologised to him.

 

"Oh! I almost forgot. Siwon-ssi this is my coach, Hankyung-seonsangnim. This is Choi Siwon." Kyuhyun introduced both of them. Siwon bowed humbly and greeted him and Hankyung greeted him too in return.

 

"Come on. Time to go home, you sneaky brat!" Hankyung said and ruffled Kyuhyun's hair playfully while he let out a hearty laughter.

 

"See you soon Siwon-ssi." Kyuhyun said while waving.

 

"Wait! Will you come to the rink tomorrow?" Siwon asked.

 

"I come here everyday Siwon-ssi. You can come see me practise in the evening if you're not busy!" Kyuhyun yelled as he got dragged by his coach.

 

Smiling warmly, Siwon waved in return and yelled, "Alright but the next time we meet, call me Siwon. Just Siwon is fine!"

 

Seeing Kyuhyun smile for the last time that day and leaving him with a renewed joy in his life, he stood in the rain and relished the exhilarating feeling as it hit his face. He had momentarily forgotten about everything, even the fact that Donghae had yet to make an appearance. Nothing mattered to him more than having to see Kyuhyun's beautiful smiling face again tomorrow.


Someone requested for an update last night and well...

I just couldnt say no to my loyal reader..

Tell me what you think of this!

Donghae still hasnt appeared and Siwon doesnt seem to mind at all..

What could be the reason behind Kyuhyun's sadness?

All will be revealed as the story progresses...So stay tuned....

I havent proof read this chapter as I dont have the time so please excuse if there are any mistakes..

Proof reading is done...this is the new and improved version of the chapter

Enjoy reading...:)

:*....><