Worrying

First rain

 

Just a headsup. Dont go judging this chapter by its title...^^ I suggest you all read it till the very end. Oh and btw...HAPPY WONKYU DAY!....:)


 

 

Kyuhyun was befuddled with the recent turn of events. As he sat there opposite Hankyung, he prayed to his dearest God that his mentor shouldn’t spot his nervous fidgeting. He tried his utmost to mask it by being unnecessarily enthusiastic about his prelims, asking curiously as to where he should concentrate on the most to perfect his techniques. Hankyung, though finding it strange, was happy that his protégé was finally showing some interest to know more about the competition. And so instead of beating around the bush, he gave scholarly advice. In the meantime, Kyuhyun was happy that his mentor hadn’t picked up anything strange about him….yet. And he intended to keep this façade going till he could find more about his illness or at least until his ailing ankle healed properly.

 

Finishing his dinner, he trudged upstairs towards his room as normally as one possibly can despite the shooting pain in his sprained ankle. He winced slightly as he sat down on the soft mattress and gingerly pulled up his pants to assess the swelling. As he pulled the crepe bandage away, he was relieved to notice that the swelling had considerably reduced, but the pain still remained. Reaching forward for his ankle spray that sat on the bedside table, he shook it back and forth a few times before spraying an ample amount of the medication onto the injured part of his ankle. Bandaging it back, he slowly approached his cupboard for his medicine. Popping in a few pills that he needed to take periodically, he gulped a mouthful of water. Smoothing out some of the wayward strands that fell in curls on his forehead, he sighed heavily as a dreadful feeling washed over him. To his right side was Thomas who was peacefully napping on the soft carpeted floor a few feet away. Moving towards the sleeping pet, he kneeled forward instead of crouching to avoid any unnecessary pressure on his wound and the soft white fur. His sad eyes watched as the pet purred slightly in its sleep before going back to a deep slumber once again.

 

With nothing else to do except get some shut eye, he dragged himself towards his bed and let himself succumb to drowsiness. The last of his thoughts were…..

 

I don’t want to die…..Not before the Olympics….Not before I tell Siwon that I love him, that I have sincerely and truly fallen in love with him!

 

The next day…

 

As Siwon was seated in the bus en route to his office, he let his thoughts stray towards the impending meeting with Jessica later this evening. And while doing so, he thought of all possible ways in which Jessica would try to get into his good books once again. But then again, he rethought about her being blatant about her illness. Even if she had ulterior motives to make her comeback, would she stoop so low as to fake a terminal illness to gain sympathy? Siwon wasn’t sure what to think anymore and so he did the one thing that would distract himself from such ominous thoughts. And that was how to man up and confess his growing feelings towards Kyuhyun. To say that he had missed the elegant skater all along was an understatement considering the fact that he had last seen him during the summer festival. Almost like a chain reaction, one thought led to another and soon he found himself drowning in Kyuhyun’s sheer brilliance and elegance as he skated, the way he cutely blushed as soon as he had received a compliment. Of course Siwon wasn’t a newbie when it came to throwing cheesy, jaw-dropping compliments that would literally petrify anyone before they even realise what hit them. Then he thought of those beautiful moments that he had shared with Kyuhyun during the two-day summer festival. Those two days were magical to say the least and Siwon had long since longed for another opportunity that he would effectively seize to pour his heart out in front of the young skater.

 

He smiled as he pictured himself holding hands with him as they both skated as a couple, the way he would hold the petite waist and bring himself closer till the last inch of a distance diminished between them, the way he would stare into those alluring brown eyes and drown into them, the way he would skim past the gloriously soft and pale skin of those bubbly cheeks as they both locked gazes and as Kyuhyun closes his eyes, he would seize this perfect opportunity to discover how heavenly his pink, plump lips felt against his bow shaped ones.

 

At that train of thought, he felt someone nudging him awake. As his eyes shot open in surprise, the person beside him notified that he had reached his destination.

 

Figures! I must have fallen asleep since I didn’t catch any last night!

But I feel……strangely refreshed!

 

 Upon seeing it for himself that he had indeed arrived at his office, he sheepishly scratched the back of his head before thanking the person and getting down from the bus.

 

Ironically, in light of recent events, work was Siwon’s momentary salvation. And as he busied himself with entering data into his system and accounting them, his eyes flitted from the computer screen to an old newspaper advertisement. His attention shifted from the screen as he gingerly held the piece of paper that contained the advertisement about the pet shop from which he had wished to buy a Pomeranian pup just like Kyuhyun’s Thomas. They did say that he could come and get her within a week but Siwon couldn’t help his excitement from getting the better of him. In fact, he was so involved that he had already thought of a pretty little name for his cute companion who would be joining him soon.

 

Layla……

Layla and Thomas..he he…sounds perfect..

Just like Siwon and Kyuhyun!

 

And then he blushed. The pet had yet to arrive and already he had thought of playing a matchmaker between them. He felt embarrassed and thanked heavens that it had all been his fantasies, fantasies that were yet to become realities.

 

~~~~~~

 

The clock struck 6:30 p.m. Slowly, one by one, every employee bid their goodbyes for the day and made their way towards their respective homes. Siwon, however, had plans to meet up with his ex-girlfriend before heading home. His mom had called him earlier in the middle of his work to know if he would come home early tonight as she had to do a bit of shopping. Words got stuck in his throat as he struggled to make up excuses. He knew that his mom would vehemently reprimand him once she came to know that he was meeting up with the woman who was solely responsible for his emotional breakdown. And so, left with no other choice but to trust his expert skills at fibbing, he made up an excuse that he was meeting up with Kyuhyun at the skating rink as he had promised to make it after work.

 

He could almost sense his mother’s hesitation all the way from the other end. His mother had only ever got comfortable with the fact that her only son was gay. She was yet to welcome the idea of a young college student being her son’s lover. Siwon sighed in defeat as he thought how his mother had been adjusting to this piece of information and how much she was pushing herself to accommodate without feeling paranoid from time to time. Having no heart to take this conversation any further, she curtly made a reply before hanging up.

 

I feel bad for lying to her…But I feel even worse to put her through this whole “adjusting” thing..

How I wish everything would straighten out soon!

 

Reluctantly he dragged himself outside his office but quickly encouraged himself to go for it before he had a change of heart. And as he approached the bus stop, his mobile pinged indicating that he had received a message. Fishing his phone out, he read the lengthy message as it said..

 

From: Jessica

Thank you for having the heart to meet up with me after so long…

I can imagine how difficult it might be for you to do this and I am gladdened by this gesture..

However much I’ve longed to meet you, it cant happen today as I am currently undergoing my periodic treatment in Seoul National Hospital.

I am sorry to put you through so much trouble but if you’d like, you could come and meet me tomorrow at the hospital itself.

I would be happy if you came. Awaiting your reply.

 

As much as Siwon was relieved, he didn’t quite like the idea of procrastination. He had been in hope of burying his painful past right at this very moment and enjoy the rest of his life that lay ahead. Anyway, he was pretty much convinced by now that Jessica was indeed being truthful about her illness. A corner of his heart went out to her as he imagined how dreadful her treatment could possibly be. Shrugging off the ominous feeling, he boarded the bus as it arrived. He quickly typed in a message as a reply to Jessica.

 

To: Jessica

Alright. I will make it tomorrow. Take care.

 

As the bus arrived at his stop, he got down and started walking towards his home. However his feet stopped after taking a few steps from the bus terminus. He wondered if Kyuhyun would be practising at the rink by now. He checked his watch. It was 7:05 p.m.

 

He smiled as he thought about the conversation he had had earlier with his mother at the office. He felt relieved that his lie had not necessarily been a lie after all. He happily bounded towards the rink and was surprised to see that there was no crowd at this hour except for 5 or 6 youngsters. He hesitantly made his way towards the entrance and peered inside to find that Kyuhyun wasn’t there.

 

Perhaps I am late…He probably would have finished his practise and gone home early!

 

Disappointed as he had hoped to see Kyuhyun after two long days, he half-heartedly decided to go back home. Just as he was about to exit, he spotted someone carrying a back-pack heading his way half-running. Upon seeing Siwon, the person stopped a few feet away and began walking slowly towards the rink.

 

“I knew you would come.” The person said but Siwon was quick to recognise the voice. How could he mistake the voice that belonged to the one person he had sworn his heart to!

 

Lips pulling up in a half-smile as the person’s slim figure came in full view under the illumination of the street lamp, Siwon said “I came straight away from office. And for the record, I wouldn’t miss seeing you skate for the world.” It was no mistake that Siwon was instantly transfixed once he saw Kyuhyun in a lemon yellow tracksuit that seemed to make his already pale skin glow like an angel with his hair pulled up in his trademark ponytail.

 

Even in the dim lighting, Siwon could clearly see the faint blush that adorned those soft cheeks making him the most beautiful person that he had ever laid eyes on. The shy Kyuhyun had always managed to intrigue Siwon in the pleasantest way possible. The way Kyuhyun would refuse to meet his eyes as he shyly looked at the ground for a considerable amount of time as if the solid ground beneath beheld something of greater interest, before lifting his head and looking straight ahead into Siwon’s onyx orbs with the most magnetising gaze that had never failed to mystify Siwon many a times.

 

“But you didn’t come yesterday!” Kyuhyun whined and pouted adorably and Siwon resisted the urge to pinch those cheeks.

 

“*sigh* I know I know. And I am sorry…” As he began letting out a barrage of apologies he saw Kyuhyun laugh.

 

“Its ok. I understand it was an important and unavoidable meeting. Just chill” Kyuhyun said.

 

Not as important as you though! Not even close!

 

“So…….shall we…” Siwon drawled and led Kyuhyun inside in the most gentlemanly way. Kyuhyun merely giggled at his gesture before heading inside and unpacking his bag. Enthusiastically, he pulled out the skates that Siwon had gifted him. Siwon was happy beyond anything worldly upon seeing Kyuhyun don those skates like a pro.

 

Propping his arms on his waist, he haughtily asked “So….what do you think?” and twirled a bit.

 

“Its quite becoming of you. Now stop posing like a runway model and let me see you work those skates.” Siwon demanded and sat down on a bench. Kyuhyun obliged and let his curls loose as they settled at his nape. Like always, he was mesmerised at the flawless performance. Kyuhyun kept gliding and twirling elegantly on the ice and even executed some of the most difficult and precariously balanced moves with finesse. Siwon was floored literally. He could clearly see that Kyuhyun’s techniques have improved manifold in the last few days.

 

God! I just want him to live his dream! Please guide him.

 

As Kyuhyun finished his routine, he came towards Siwon and motioned for him to stand up. Siwon’s eyebrows quirked up in bewilderment. As he stood up, Kyuhyun went to grab a pair of skates from the rental store.

 

“Wear these and come with me!” He demanded.

 

Siwon didn’t know where he was going with this but took the skates anyway and wore them. He slid across the icy floor, though not as elegantly as Kyuhyun would and followed his lead.

 

“You and I will do a couple routine. Now” he heard Kyuhyun say. Siwon did a double take. Although this was what he had wished for earlier but to think that he'd be doing it for real was making him nervous.

 

Did he just….did he just ask me to skate along with him….A couple routine????

 

“You’re out of your mind. I don’t know a thing about skating. I am just happy with balancing but that is mainly because I don’t want to fall flat on my face and embarrass myself in front of people.” Siwon reasoned but Kyuhyun didn’t quite seem to be in the mood to listen.

 

“I wont take a “no” for an answer. Come on. It’s the simplest routine. All you have to do is follow my lead. And everything will be fine!” Kyuhyun insisted. Siwon shook his head in disagreement and started skating away from him but Kyuhyun grabbed his hand firmly and dragged him back to the rink.

 

“But…” As Siwon began, Kyuhyun placed his finger on his lips to silence him.

 

“I don’t want you to stay as a spectator forever. I want you to feel the happiness that I feel when I skate. Because you are special to me, Siwon.” Kyuhyun said in a low voice that sent shivers down Siwon’s spine. Upon listening to his deep voice, his heart accelerated and began beating at a frantic pace.

 

I am special…? In what way?  As a friend? Or something more than that?

 

Gulping down the accumulated saliva in his mouth, Siwon locked eyes with Kyuhyun as he asked “Do you trust me?”

 

“Ye…yes” Siwon stuttered. This was a whole new experience for him as he had never gotten this close with Kyuhyun so out in the open.

 

“Good. Follow my lead.” Kyuhyun’s angelic smile sent warm sensations all over his system. Siwon knew that he was dangerously teetering over the edge of losing control over himself. It was only a matter of time before he really let out his feelings of love for the younger right in front of him.

 

As instructed, Siwon let Kyuhyun lead him. And as he became increasingly involved in the routine, he realised just by what Kyuhyun had meant earlier. It was an exhilarating experience. His hair got ruffled in the wind as he whizzed past some of the skaters. Kyuhyun was effortlessly guiding him across the icy floor and urged him to perform simple techniques. It was during one such technique that Siwon lost his balance and hurtled towards the floor. But Kyuhyun was quick to pull him up before he could hit the ground which resulted in Siwon being thrown into Kyuhyun’s embrace at once. They both skidded a few feet before coming to a complete halt. They laughed non-stop even as their lungs demanded air. They knew for sure that this was one of those rare moments that would be cherished for the rest of their lives.

 

Even as their laughter had died down, Siwon refused to release himself from Kyuhyun’s embrace. He felt like he was at home. So warm and comfortable. And Kyuhyun didn’t mind holding onto him for longer. They both lifted their heads to meet each others’ gazes. Siwon’s arm found itself snaking around Kyuhyun’s slim waist while Kyuhyun had his around Siwon’s shoulders. Without breaking their gazes, Siwon’s right arm tenderly caressed Kyuhyun’s cheeks and he was quite surprised to find it softer than he had envisioned it to be. Kyuhyun’s eyes glittered with anticipation and time seemed to freeze for the both of them. Siwon let his lips press onto Kyuhyun’s forehead in a tender and lingering kiss. Kyuhyun closed his eyes as his heart continued to hammer against his rib cage. Siwon hesitantly pried his lips away to watch the other’s reaction. To his relief, it wasn’t adverse. So he boldly continued to descend his lips towards the sharp nose. He pecked it gently before getting even bolder and pressed kisses on his plump cheeks. Siwon felt his instincts kicking up a notch as he was about to do something he had long dreamed of. He only stared at Kyuhyun who had his eyes closed and whose breaths came out erratically as his lips descended further.


 

This is for all you lovely readers. I wrote a fluffy/mildly angsty chapter to celebrate Wonkyu Day today. I just couldn’t imagine writing a pure angsty one and lower your celebratory mood. Anyway enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think.

P.S I plead with both my hands joined before you to please forgive me beforehand for the angst that is to follow after this chapter. But I assure you that its Wonkyu all the way, so don’t bail out on me! Thanks so much for your patience.