Sticking Together

Autumn Days to Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 2

 

As soon as Aira set foot on Nami island, she immediately went in search for a chair. Her legs are shaking from happiness.

Aside from making it to Nami Island which is one of the highlights of her Great Korean Autumn Vacation, she was so lucky to meet her ultimate crush, Director Yoochun Park!

Wow!

Is this serendipity? Is fate finally opening the doors for her?

Wait. If indeed this is fate, then she can’t let him go out of her sight.

Aira stood up and looked around, but everywhere she looked, she could no longer find Director Park.

“Oh no…How can I be so stupid!” said Aira, her heart beating fast.

Aira looked at her camera.

“I did not even have the courage to ask for a picture together.” Said Aira. “Stupid, Aira!”

Aira hit her head.

It took Aira almost an hour of dwelling on loneliness with the chance she lost when she realized she’s in Nami island.

“What am I doing here wasting my time?” thought Aira. “I should be going around, taking pictures!”

Aira stood up stretched her arm and took three deep breaths.

“Aja Hwaiting! The Great Korean Autumn Vacation is at hand!” shouted Aira.

Aira walked around, her target is to get to that pathway where there are those tall trees lined up with the autumn leaves. But Nami island is proving to be more interesting than just the trees. It’s the shooting location for the Winter Sonata Drama and it’s very tourist friendly. It has some good photo ops places. Although Aira is enjoying taking the picture of the beautiful scenery, she wished she had someone who could take her photo so that she really has proof that she was here.

 “If you’re travelling alone, there are things you should remember. First, bring a really good camera. When you don’t have friends to have memories with, the photos are the only reminder that you were here.”

Aira looked at the photos. It doesn’t seem like it’s capturing the real beauty of the scenery. Director Park was right. She should’ve brought a really good camera and some camera equipments so that she can take a photo of herself.

Aira closed her eyes spreading her arms trying to ignore everyone around her. They don’t know her anyway.

The chill in the air, the sound of people having fun talking in Korean, it felt like she’s  brought inside a Korean drama.

Aira opened her eyes and blinked a few times as she saw a man taking a shot of her. She slowly let her hands fall on her side as the man lowered his camera and smiled at her.

“Enjoying your Great Autumn Vacation?” asked Yoochun.

“Great Korean Autumn Vacation.” Corrected Aira. Aira’s mind went blank for a few seconds. Is her Serendipity not yet over? Does she still have a chance?

“Right.” Said Yoochun. “Can I see the shots you’ve made?”

“Oh…” No way! Her shots are not great, far from great.

“They’re terrible.” Said Aira.

“Don’t be too hard on yourself.” Yoochun walked towards Aira and took the camera.

“Hmm…they’re actually not bad.” Said Yoochun.

“No, they don’t give justice to the beauty of the surroundings.” Said Aira. “You are right. I wish I invested on a good camera before going here.”

Aira saw Yoochun’s brows closing in.

“Do you want me to take your pictures?” asked Yoochun.

“Huh?”

“I can take your pictures with my camera then I can send it to you after.” Said Yoochun.

“But…I…” Aira’s eyes widneed. “Are you volunteering to be my photographer?”

“We will be photographers of each other. I will take your photos while you take mine.” Said Yoochun.

“Oh…” said Aira.

“Doesn’t that sound fair?” asked Yoochun.

But Aira did not answer.

“You don’t trust that I’ll send the photos to you?” asked Yoochun. “You work for Infinity International. I can’t let my name get tarnished. So if I say I’ll send them to you, I’m surely going to.”

Aira tried not to laugh.

“I trust that you will send them but…if we take each other’s photos, it means we have to stick together the entire day.” Said Aira.

“Yeah, pretty much.” Said Yoochun. “You said you’re travelling solo, right?”

“And you?” asked Aira.

“I won’t tell you, it’s for my security.” Said Yoochun.

Aira giggled.

Yoochun’s brows drew close together.

“What?” asked Aira.

“What do you say we stick together today?” asked Yoochun.

This is the best chance she could get!

“I think that’s a good idea.” Said Aira.

And she’s going to grab it!

“But first…” said Yoochun. “Let’s grab something to eat. I’m hungry.”

“Me too!” said Aira. “Oh I mean…yeah, it’s good if we eat already so that we can walk without disruption later.”

Yoochun’s lips lifted into a smile.

“It’s all right to admit you’re hungry.” Said Yoochun.

Aira stopped walking.

“Not in front of a Director.” Said Aira.

“I am no longer Infinity International’s Director.” Said Yoochun.

“Welll, yeah.” Said Aira.

That’s right. Yoochun Park is no longer Infinity International’s Director. He is now just an ordinary man just like she’s just an ordinary woman. She needs to make sure she makes the most out of this opportunity given her.

“I’m super hungry.” Said Aira.

Yoochun chuckled.

He laughed! One point for Aira!

“Then let’s eat.” Said Yoochun.

“I saw sausages down there. The queue was long.” Said Aira.

“Do you want to try it?” asked Yoochun.

Aira nodded.

“All right, let’s have sausages.” Said Yoochun.

-------------------

Aira and Yoochun finally got their sausages as they sat on the side.

“How is it?” asked Yoochun.

“Ummm…it’s ok.” Said Aira.

“Just ok?” asked Yoochun.

“Do you want me to be totally honest?” asked Aira.

Aira clenched her free hand that’s not holding the sausage stick.

“Of course.” Said Yoochun. “You don’t like it?”

“It’s ok. Just ok. I tasted better sausages at home.” Said Aira. “But for a hungry person, this is a good way to temporarily fill my stomach.”

There. She said something that might make him flinch.

“You’re right. I tried some hotdogs when I was working in your country. They’re really better than this one.” Said Yoochun.

“Oh.” Aira is surprised.

Mr. Park…is pretty cool.

Oh no, he’s intelligent, competent, handsome, hot and now he’s also pretty cool?

He’s becoming more and more pefect, if there can ever be a more perfect!

“C’mon let’s try one of the restaurants.” Said Yoochun.

“Huh?”

Oh no.

Yoochun brought her to a restaurant. Aira immediately took a look at the menu. Though she’s prepared to experience Korean food, she has a very tight budget. She still has a few more days left in Korea. She can’t splurge.

Oh no!

“Are you sure you want to eat here? I think we should first look around.” Said Aira.

“My friends recommended this place.” Said Yoochun. “So don’t worry, I’m sure this place is good.”

Aira closed her eyes.

Mr. Park does not understand her predicament.

“Are you familiar with Korean food?” asked Yoochun.

“Just the bibimbap and ddokbboki.” Said Aira.

“Oh, then you need to try the others. Let’s see…” Yoochun looked at the menu.

“Umm…I suddenly realized I want more sausages.” Said Aira.

“I thought you said you don’t think they’re delicious?” asked Yoochun.

Aira sighed as she let her pretentions go. It’s time for honesty, or else, she won’t be left with enough money for the coming days.

“My wallet screams for those sausages.” Said Aira.

Yoochun put the menu down and for what seemed like a minute and just stared at Aira.

“I’m treating you for lunch, Aira.” Said Yoochun. “Did I forget to say that?”

Aira’s eyes widened. He called her name! And he’s…treating her for lunch?

“No way…you don’t have to.” Said Aira.

Yoochun smirked.

“We’re partners today, remember? We’re each other’s photographer. We stick together. I want to eat good Korean food for lunch and you can’t go off somewhere else. You have to eat here with me.” Said Yoochun

What an insistent person.

Aira sighed.

Yoochun crossed his arms over his chest.

“Here’s the deal. I treat you for lunch, you treat me for dinner.” Said Yoochun.

Dinner?

But are they still together during dinner? Aira is planning to leave the island at three in the afternoon to catch the bus going to the train station.

“I will have it no other way.” Said Yoochun.

Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter