Pretend Couple

Autumn Days to Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 3

Pretend Couple

 

 

Aira immediately went to check her social network account as soon as she got back to the hostel.

“What just happened?” she typed on Ivy’s private message.

Ivy did not answer.

“Was that a dream or what?” asked Aira. “It felt so real I just don’t want to wake up.”

When Ivy did not respond, Aira sighed and went to her bed.

Wow…What a day. It surely is one of the best days of her life. And it’s just the first day of her Great Korean Autumn Vacation!

What is in store for her tomorrow?

-------------------

Aira woke up early. For today, she’s going to go to Dongdaemun for some window shopping and then spend the afternoon and night in the N Seoul tower. Lucy said she needs to see the city skyline in both day and night time.

“Hwaiting Aira!” shouted Aira.

Aira did her walk towards Hyewa train station. She took her time looking around at the still closed stores. What time do they open? Did she go out too early?

“I hope Dongdaemun stores are already open.” Said Aira.

Aira continued to walk and saw the entrance to the station.

“Here comes the stairs again. Legs, be strong today, all right?” thought Aira.

Aira almost entered the station when she heard her name being called.

Is it her imagination? Nobody here knows her right?

Aira slowly turned to her right and saw a familiar man walking towards her.

“Did you get a good night’s sleep?” asked Yoochun.

Aira’s eyes widened.

“What are you doing here?” asked Aira.

“I figured I don’t have anything to do today so I went here to ask if I can stick with your Great Korean Autumn Vacation again.” Said Yoochun.

“What?” asked Aira.

“I can be your photographer.” Yoochun raised his camera.

Aira’s brows closed in.

“I’m bored.” Said Yoochun. “And I learned from Ivy that she knows you. She gave me good words about you. So I think you’re a trustworthy person.”

Aira did not answer.

“Ok, fine. I had a good time touring you around the city yesterday.” Said Yoochun. “And since I don’t have anything scheduled for today, I decided to continue touring you.”

To have this man as tour guide? This is way too lucky!

“I’m going to Deongdaemun.” Said Aira.

“Oh, shopping.” Said Yoochun.

“Yeah, so you can back out now.” Said Aira.

Yoochun arched his brow.

“Are you pushing me away?” asked Yoochun.

Aira nodded.

This might be her second chance to get closer to Mr. Park. But she doesn’t want to be a burden.

“Then I’ll be your stalker.” Said Yoochun.

“What?”

“I’m not used to being turned down, Miss Aira.” Said Yoochun. “I will make you need me.”

Yoochun walked ahead confidently.

“What?”

What an arrogant man!

But actually…his arrogance is pretty cool! It makes her giddy.

Aira suppressed her giggle as she followed Yoochun.

------------------

Aira walked ahead as she entered a building. But what made her confused is that all around she looked, there was fabrics everywhere. She looked up and saw some Hangul characters.

“I’m sure this tells me that this is the Fabric Section” Said Aira.

Aira looked back and saw Yoochun pretending to look at some textiles. Aira pouted as she continued walking. When will this building end?

When finally Aira reached the end of the building she waited by the door until Yoochun exited it a few seconds after her.

“I give up.” Said Aira. “Please tell me where the buildings for clothes and other stuff are.”

Yoochun raised his brows and pointed to himself.

“Dangsin-eun na-ege mal-eulhaneungeoya?” asked Yoochun.

“What?” Aira’s eyes widened. What is he saying?

Yoochun supressed a laugh.

“Ah, geulaeseo naega anida. Modeun balo geuttae . Annyeong.” Yoochun waved as if he’s leaving.

Aira pulled Yoochun’s sleeve back.

“Are you playing a joke on me?” asked Aira.

“Noona, geunyang malsseum manhaseyo.” Said Yoochun.

“Noona? Isn’t that how you call an older woman? I am definitely younger than you, Mr. Park.” Said Aira.

Yoochun couldn’t stop laughing then.

“I was saying.” Said Yoochun. “That I only need to hear ‘Please’. I need to hear that you finally admit you need me.”

“Tsk!” Aira wanted to erase that ridiculous grin on Yoochun’s face.

“Why do I need to be stuck with this arrogant man.” Said Aira.

“Arrogant?” asked Yoochun.

“All right. I need your help. Please tour me around Dongdaemun.” Said Aira.

Yoochun made a satisfied smile as he led the way. They first went to a building complex that has a lot of clothes and fashion items being sold.

“Why did you go here if you’re not shopping?” asked Yoochun.

“It’s called window shopping. It’s wallet friendly and burns a lot of calories.” Said Aira.

Yoochun rolled his eyes. “Women.”

Aira giggled.

Later that day they went to the malls around the Dongdaemun area.

“Still not buying anything?” asked Yoochun.

“They’re all really nice and there are a lot of good clothes but…” said Aira.

“But?” asked Yoochun. “Budget constrains?”

“Yeah, and also, I still have a lot of clothes at home.”

Aira walked onward. She saw a nice pair of shoes and held it to see it better but another woman also wanted to do the same thing.

“Oh, sorry, you can have it.” Said Aira.

“No, it’s all right, don’t worry. I’m sure they still have another pair.” Said the woman.

She’s very fluent in English, but she looks very Korean. She’s so beautiful. Is she an actress?

“It’s shoes now, huh?” said Yoochun.

Yoochun noticed Aira looking at the woman in front of her. He had to take another step to see the woman’s face.

“Kahi.” said Yoochun.

“Yoochun…” said the woman.

“You…know each other?” asked Aira.

“Ummm…yeah.” Said Yoochun.

And then the woman starting speaking Korean. Aira did not know what they were talking about, but she was sure the two looked a bit awkward.

“It’s been months since we last saw each other.” Said Kahi.

“Yes.” said Yoochun.

“I’m glad to see you.” Said Kahi. “I mean, you don’t answer any of my calls and messages so… I’m glad we have this chance to finally meet. Call this coincidence, I’ll call it fate.”

“Who are you with?” asked Yoochun. “I’m sure he’s not going to appreciate you talking with me.”

“Yoochun I…”

Aira felt that the conversation is pretty serious. She can feel some tension between the two. She took several steps back until she could no longer hear what the two are talking about. It’s not as if she understood what the conversation is about, but she didn’t want to bother them. Who is that beautiful woman? And what is her relation with Mr. Park?

Aira took a deep breath as she looked at the other shoes.

“Wow…the details.” Said Aira as she saw the Swarovski pattern on a really beautiful pair of shoes.

“Ippeuneyo .”

Aira looked back and saw a tall handsome man behind her.

“I’m sorry, I don’t understand Korean.” Said Aira.

He’s so handsome that it pained Aira’s eyes to look. She turned her attention to the shoes.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know you’re a foreigner. You have that Korean look in you.” Said the man.

“Oh…” said Aira “That’s the first time I heard a person say that.”

“You…don’t feel good about it?” asked the man.

“Oh, actually, it feels good.” Said Aira.

“I was saying that the shoes are beautiful.” Said the man.

The man’s English accent is very Korean, but still clear and understandable for Aira.

“Oh, you’re right. The details and pattern of this shoes is really amazing.” Said Aira. “But then…”

Aira turned the shoes over to show the price tag.

“With this amount of money, I can already buy hundreds of BB creams and clothes and other stuff.” Said Aira.

“So the price is too expensive?” asked the man.

“Definitely.” Said Aira. “For a foreign tourist like me who did not have a large budget for my travel, I won’t splurge on a pair of shoes.”

The man nodded.

“That’s very insightful.” Said the man. “Are you travelling alone?”

“I a….Actually I am travelling with a friend.” Said Aira.

She was warned not to tell anyone she’s travelling alone.

“Oh, that’s good. A boyfriend perhaps?” asked the man.

Aira just smiled. She wished Mr. Park was her boyfriend but a tour guide is far from a boyfriend.

“Aira.”

Aira turned back and saw Yoochun almost just two steps from her. He had an irritated look on his eyes. Did the conversation with that beautiful woman ended in a bad note?

“You shouldn’t walk away like that.” Said Yoochun. “I thought you were lost and I have to call the security to look for you.”

“Oh.” That’s why he’s irritated. But she just took a few steps away from him. She just wanted to give the two of them space to talk.

“I’m sorry.” Said Aira.

“Don’t be too hard on her, Yoochun.” Said the man.

Oh, they also know each other?

“She has good eyes on finding shoes. She found the best we have in this mall.” Said the man.

The beautiful woman walked towards the man and touched his arm, the woman started to talk in En

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter