Autumn Days to Remember

Autumn Days to Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 10

Autumn Days to Remember

 

Aria took the photos and showed it to Yoochun.

“So, when did you learn you were in love with me? What was the moment?” asked Aira.

“Hmm…” Yoochun stopped to think. He took a photo of Aira. It was her picture at Nami Island, her eyes closed.

“This is when I thought you were pretty.” Said Yoochun. “That is why I like this photo very much.”

Yoochun showed the picture of the two of them inside the big heart in Nami island.

“Having a photo with a pretty woman is nice.”

Aira giggled.

And then he took a photo of Aira eating dokbokki with some sauce on her cheek.

“This is when I thought you’re cute.” said Yoochun.

“That was effortless.” Said Aira.

Yoochun chuckled.

Yoochun took photos of Aira walking in Dongdaemun.

“This was the moment I realized that a guy who will have a girl like you is lucky. You only look at stuff but don’t buy them.” Said Yoochun.

“I knew I was dying.” Said Aira. “I didn’t buy stuff which I think I might not be able to use anymore.”

Yoochun nodded.

“Now I understand.”

He then took another photo, it was the photo of them outside the restaurant with the restaurant name behind them.

“I might be already in love with you here.” Said Yoochun.

“Really?” asked Aira.

“I remember wanting to hug you before we took this photo. But I stopped myself.” Said Yoochun.

“Huh?”

He…did?

“Maybe it started when you agreed to pretend to be my girlfriend. And then you said those words about falling in love…and then I touched your hand because your words went deep inside me. When you closed your hand on mine in that restaurant while Junsu and Kahi were in front of us, I just knew something in me changed.” Said Yoochun. “I guess that was the moment I fell in love with you. But I…was confused after that. I tried to convince myself that I wasn’t.”

Aira leaned her head on Yoochun’s shoulder.

“Do you want to know how I fell in love with you?” asked Aira.

“Yeah, I’ve been wanting to ask that.” Said Yoochun.

Aira held Yoochun’s hand.

“I was already working for a year in Infinity International when you were assigned in our country.” Said Aira. “You were introduced to the Departments. When you were introduced to us, I thought, yeah right. He’s just another young achiever Director.”

“You did not pay attention to me?” asked Yoochun.

“Most of the women in our Department did. I didn’t.” said Aira.

“So…when did you take notice of me?” asked Yoochun.

Aira giggled.

“You gave a training to us. You were talking about… customer relations.” Said Aira. “About how we can put value into the way we treat our customers.”

“Ah right.” Said Yoochun. “I remember that.”

“I attended that training and was amazed. You talked with so much sense, your perspective about things were so different that it made me realize a lot of things about my work.”

“Really? I sent out feedback forms yet I did not receive that kind of moving comment.” Said Yoochun.

“I did send a feedback.” said Aira.

“What did you say?” asked Yoochun.

“I will put into action what I learned from your training.” Said Aira.

“That’s very generic.” Said Yoochun.

“But I did that. It was not only for the sake of giving a feedback, but I totally meant it.” Said Aira.

Yoochun pinched Aira’s cheek lightly.

“So did I help in your work?” asked Yoochun.

“Yeah.” said Aira. “And then after that, whenever I see you…I just can’t take my eyes off you. I would take a glimpse of you sometimes. I get too conscious when you’re around whether you see me or not. And then after a few months, I learned I needed to present in front of you and some other Directors.” Said Aira.

“I remember that.” said Yoochun.

“You…do?” asked Aira.

“Yeah, I remember you as the girl who discussed that internal control system very well.” Said Yoochun. “You answered all the questions and were able to answer all the concerns. From that time on, I remember always referring people to you whenever they have internal control related questions.”

“You…did?” asked Aira.

“Yeah.” Said Yoochun.

“Wow.” Said Aira. “I didn’t know that.”

“But a month after that, I needed to resign.” Said Yoochun.

“Oh, right. Well…” said Aira. “We would’ve gotten in touch frequently if you have stayed a bit more.”

“That’s true. But we won’t be like this if I stayed.” Said Yoochun. “Things will never have happened this way if I stayed then.”

“Do you wish you could turn back time and say No to Ivy when she asked you to take care of me?” asked Aira.

“No. Never.” Said Yoochun. “When I think of the pain of losing you, I couldn’t imagine a life without knowing you.”

Aira kissed Yoochun’s cheek.

“I love you.” Said Aira.

“I love you more.” Said Yoochun.

Aira giggled.

“That’s not true. I love you more.” Said Aira.

“I don’t think so.” Said Yoochun.

“I do!” said Aira.

“Prove it.” Said Yoochun.

“How?” asked Aira.

“Marry me.” Said Yoochun.

Aira was startled.

Yoochun pulled Aira so that she’s sitting facing him.

“My offer still stands, Aira.” Said Yoochun. “Even before I popped the question, I already knew your condition. And now that you know I am going to stay beside you no matter what, I am going to repeat that question.”

Aira held her breath.

“Aira, will you marry me?” asked Yoochun.

Aira took a deep breath.

“You will be a widower if you marry me. What will people say?” said Aira.

“I don’t care.” Said Yoochun. “I just want you to be my wife.”

Aira sighed.

“Do you know that this is what your friends are afraid of?” asked Aira.

“They thought I am not strong enough to go through with it. But I will be strong for you, Aira.” Said Yoochun.

“How strong?” asked Aira.

“How strong do you want me to be?” asked Yoochun.

“Strong enough to be by my side when I am in pain, strong enough to encourage me when I’m afraid, strong enough to be with me on my last breath and strong enough to live and be happy with your life even after my death.” Said Aira.

Yoochun did not answer.

“You are still young. Once I am gone, I want you to find a person who would love you and take care of you. Someone who would make your days bright. I want you to be happy and be not afraid to fall in love again.” Said Aira. “If you promise to be that strong for me…”

“You’re asking for too much.” Said Yoochun.

“I know. That is why…my answer to you is…”

“No, don’t answer me yet.” Said Yoochun.

“I will be strong Aira. I will be there for you every time you’re in pain, when you’re afraid and you need someone by your side. And you’re right. I’m still young. In life…eventually maybe I’ll fall in love again. But I won’t force it just to be happy. Because what I’m promising is this. That I will love you to exhaustion until my heart could bare it no more. I will give you every ounce of love I have in my body…But when it’s time to let you go, I would try my hardest to live a good life.” Said Yoochun.

Aira saw tears flowing down Yoochun’s eyes.

“If that’s not good enough….” Said Yoochun.

“I will marry you.” Said Aira.

“Yo…You will?” asked Yoochun.

“Oppa… I want you to live a good life after I’m gone ok?” asked Aira. “I want you to not live in mourning and live a happy life.”

Yoochun nodded as emotions after emotions raked his body. Aira hugged Yoochun, his body shaking in intense emotion.

“I’m afraid, Aira.” Said Yoochun. “I’m sorry. I said I will be strong but here I am crying like a child. This is the last time you’ll see me like this. Just this once…let me just cry out my fear.”

“It’s all right.” Said Aira.

“I’m afraid to lose you.” Said Yoochun.

Air

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter