Gone and Back

Autumn Days to Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 7

Gone and Back

 

Aira punched her chest while walking.

“Are you all right?” asked Yoochun.

Aira did not look at him. She can’t.

“I’m fine. I just ate too much, I guess.” Said Aira.

“Do you want to grab some coffee?” asked Yoochun. “Maybe that’ll help.”

Aira nodded. If she could only stretch this night longer, she would.

Yoochun and Aira went to a café. Yoochun made the orders.

“Mmmm…this is good.” Said Aira.

“Is it? Jaejoong loves this place.” Said Yoochun.

“Junsu, Jaejoong and you….”

“We’ve been friends since middle school. We were inseparable together with our other two friends.” Said Yoochun.  “The three of us even all went to Australia for University. We did not go to the same school but we see each other almost weekly. We are like super buddies.”

That’s why he got so angry to learn that Kahi chose Junsu over him…

“Are you thinking of Kahi?” asked Yoochun. “I can read your mind through your face.”

“I heard you called her up. It was nice of you to do that.” Said Aira. “I hope you and Junsu would be close again soon.”

“I don’t doubt that. Junsu, Jaejoong and I are bonded by something stronger than blood.” Said Yoochun.

“Oh, speaking of blood. Did you resign to help your Dad in his business?” asked Aira.

Yoochun nodded.

“My Dad’s business wasn’t doing well last year. He almost closed it down due to extreme losses.” Said Yoochun. “I had to step in to make sure he doesn’t lose what he worked hard for almost thirty years.”

So that’s the reason…

“How is the business doing now?” asked Aira.

“It’s back on track. But there’s still a lot of work left to do. I hired several people who have the skills I think the company needs. Hopefully, the company would be sturdy again in a year or two.”

This is the reason why he was able to get to a Director level at such a young age. He was even called the breakthrough genius. He can make a dying company live again.

“You’re a really good son, Oppa.” Said Aira. “I’m sure your Dad is proud of you.”

Yoochun smiled.

“Yeah…He told me that a few months ago.” Said Yoochun.

“You must’ve been so busy the past year. Yet you still have time to go to bars.” Said Aira.

Yoochun smirked.

“Jaejoong is planning on putting up a bar soon. I’m investing on his bar. That’s why we go around the city to check the bars.” Said Yoochun. “That’s the truth, believe it or not.”

Aira is stunned. Really? Wow!

“The bartender guy, Martin. The one you met in the bar last night, do you remember him?” asked Yoochun.

“Yes.” How can she forget!

“We’re trying to recruit him to work for us in the bar Jaejoong is opening.”

“Oh.” Said Aira.

“But with what he made you drink last night, I’m planning to fire him even before the bar opens.” Said Yoochun.

Aira giggled.

“I won’t fire him if I were you, he knows the secret drink that can make me go crazy.” Said Aira.

Yoochun smirked.

“Then I guess I need to keep him and learn what he made you drink.” Said Yoochun.

Aira sipped her coffee. Even if Yoochun learns what that drink was…there won’t be a chance to make her drink it anymore. They’re time together is almost up.

“I think I need to go back.” Said Aira. “I haven’t fixed my things for tomorrow.”

The inevitable has come. Aira prepared herself for Yoochun’s cold dismissal.

But Yoochun grabbed her hand.

“Are you saying you’re staying at the hostel tonight?” asked Yoochun. “When we are only left with this night together?”

Aira felt a tugging in her chest.

“Or are you trying to avoid me?” asked Yoochun. “Because your eyes had been avoiding me since earlier.”

Aira stood up and walked out the café. It was too much. It’s her last night in Seoul…and it’s so painful. It’s so painful to have your Prince in front of you…and yet you’re only left with a few hours with him. Aira punched her chest. It felt like a dagger was piercing her it.

“Hey!”

Yoochun grabbed Aira’s arm.

“Please don’t.” said Aira.

Yoochun sighed.

“I don’t understand.” said Yoochun. “Help me to understand you.”

“Don’t make this harder for me than it already is.” Said Aira.

She felt her tears threatening to fall.

“I…had been in love with you all this time. These past days had been like a fairy tale dream come true. It was awesome…the most romantic I have ever experienced. I became delusional…I tried my hardest not to. But the hope inside my heart kept shouting that you might feel something for me too.”

Aira wiped her tears.

“I know I’m saying crazy things now but…But I’m leaving tomorrow. And I can’t continue raising my hopes up. I need to end it here. Now.” Said Aira.

Yoochun closed his eyes. First, Ivy will kill him. Second, he’s as confused as Aira. His heaving chest tells him he could not deny it anymore. That feeling deep inside him hiding behind the beating of his heart, tells him that He doesn’t want her to leave yet…He wants more time with her. Aira…her words, her actions…everything about her affects him.

But…What is he feeling?

From the time he saw her walking her way to Nami island, to the time she helped him with Junsu and Kahi…She had already become special. A special woman who had seen his heart, his soul. A special woman whose words can penetrate his mind and heart like no one else have done. She who had comforted his tears, she who could release the rage in his heart…

Yoochun held Aira’s face with both hands.

She’s leaving tomorrow. That’s surely going to happen. But if he can prolong the moment she isn’t leaving yet, he would.

 “Aira…Are you seriously going to waste whatever time we have left by pushing me away?” asked Yoochun. “Because I’m not going to waste any second. If you tell me you’d rather stay in that hostel, then I’ll follow you. I’ll stand outside that hostel until you feel like you wanted to spend time with me again.”

Aira’s tears continued to fall.

“Even if it takes me until morning.” Said Yoochun. “Because I’d rather spend every last second you have left here, than waste any moment that we could be together.”

Aira’s heart is swelling with love and pain.

“Oppa.” Said Aira.

“Hmm?” asked Yoochun leaning his forehead on Aira’s.

“Can we get my things from the hostel?  And then can you take me to your house?” asked Aira.

Yoochun pulled Aira into a very tight embrace.

“You’re right…I can’t deny myself what my heart has been longing for.” Said Aira. “I promised myself I will grab every opportunity that shows up in my life. You are the greatest opportunity that has ever showed up in my life, Oppa. That is why…for tonight, I decided to not let you go.”

Yoochun buried his face on Aira’s neck, his chest aching with each breath.

---------------------

Yoochun pulled Aira’s sleeping form closer to him. He stared at her face. He wanted to remember each line, each part of her face like a painting in his mind. He smiled as he saw her face moving a little. She must be dreaming. Yoochun touched Aira’s face and remembered how it felt like to kiss her, to make tender loving with her. And then he touched Aira’s lips, her lips that said the most precious words that helped his heart to heal. Yoochun kissed Aira’s forehead.

Is this really goodbye?

Yoochun felt that agonizing pain in his chest. It’s like a venom spreading from the centre towards his entire body. She’s leaving tomorrow. And this might be his last time seeing her, touching her…being with her.

Yoochun closed his eyes as he pulled Aira closer still as if that can ease the longing in his heart.

“Oppa…” said Aira, her eyes still closed. “I love you.”

  Yoochun felt a warm tear fell from his eye as Aira snuggled on his chest.

----------------------------

Aira woke up the next morning alone in bed. When she went out of the room, she only found the breakfast ready but Yoochun was no longer around. Even when she got to the airport, there was no Yoochun.

“Aira!”

Aira turned back and saw Jaejoong.

“Hey! I’m glad I made it.” Said Jaejoong.

Aira looked around.

“How about Yoochun? Isn’t he coming?” asked Aira.

“Oh, His Dad called for an emergency meeting in the business earlier.” Said Jaejoong. “That’s why he called me to check on you.”

Aira tried to smile. She hasn’t said her goodbye.

But isn’t this for the best? Maybe this is fate’s way to lessen the pain.

“Can you…tell him something for me?” asked Aira.

Jaejoong nodded.

“Of course.” Said Jaejoong.

“Can you tell him that he can’t forget to send the photos to me.” Said Aira.

“All right, I will remind him,” said Jaejoong.

“And also…Can you…” Aira took a deep breath. “Tell him I had the Greatest Korean Autumn Vacation Ever because of him. Tell him that… I…will never forget each moment of the past days. I will treasure the memories and will keep it in my heart forever.”

Jaejoong nodded.

“I will tell him that.”

Aira nodded and then walked inside.

Jaejoong lifted his phone.

“Did you hear that, Dude?” asked Jaejoong looking at a man ten meters from him. “Yoochun…Dude…are you really not even going to bid her good bye?”

“It’s better this way. Everything that happened will be my ‘Great Korean Autumn Vacation’ memory.”   Said Yoochun.

“Is that all there is to it? Making good memories together?” aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter