Great Korean Autumn Vacation

Autumn Days to Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 1

Great Korean Autumn Vacation

 

Aira felt the warm water flowing down her back as she closed her eyes. It felt so good to take a warm shower after an intense workout. Three months ago, Aira decided that she will change her life. She would stop her procrastination, she will start to eat the right food, she will let her fears go, she will grab every opportunity she gets!

Aira opened her laptop as she started to change into her casual clothes. But what she saw made her stop all her movements.

“No way…”

Aira jumped on the bed and clicked on the photo to enlarge it. Her eyes widened.

“Director Park Yoochun? With Ivy?”

Aira felt that intense acceleration of her heart. How can this be? So Ivy is in Korea right now? But why with Director Park? And why are they…in a bar together?!

Like a stalker, Aira started to read through her friend Ivy’s page. So Ivy went to Korea to see the autumn sceneries. But is she close with Director Park?

“Oh right, they worked on several projects in the past. They might be closer than I think.” said Aira.

Aira punched her chest lightly.

“She’s so lucky!” shouted Aira as she closed her eyes and started kicking her legs in the air.

Director Yoochun Park is the epitome of perfection! He’s such an achiever in the company. He’s already a director at a very young age of twenty nine. And it’s not just his curriculum vitae that shouts of perfection, but his looks too! He’s like the hottest man in the office. Too bad he’s a foreigner. A few months ago, it broke Aira’s heart to learn that Director Park had to go back to Korea, his home country. And until now, her heart is still broken.

“He’s like a fairy tale prince!” said Aira.

Aira sighed.

“A fairy tale prince only appears in fairy tales.”

And Aira’s life is no fairy tale.

She’s struggling to get her promotion. She’s been trying to get it for several years now. She’s four levels below Director Park. She rarely got the chance to work with him except with that one meeting. He probably doesn’t remember. He probably doesn’t know her at all.

Ivy is so lucky. She got promoted last year. She’s now two levels higher than Aira in the corporate ladder. And Ivy is close with Director Park. What can be luckier than that?

Aira shook her head.

“Ivy had been working in the company for ten years. She’s a really competent person. She deserved to be promoted. And well…” Aira looked at the laptop screen again.

“I am the crazy one for still dreaming.”

Aira looked at the clock. She decided three months ago that she should not waste her time and energy on useless stuff. That is part of the change she wants to do in her life.

Aira left a short message on Ivy’s page.

“Enough of day dreaming. It’s time to face the real world!”

Aira stood up and closed her laptop.

“I’ll get that promotion at the soonest possible time!”

-----------------------

Aira sank on the chair as she tried to forget the stressful meeting she had earlier.

“Was it the meeting with the Russian Accountants or was it the one with UK?” asked Nicole.

Aira massaged her temple.

“It was the one with the French Systems Analysts.” Said Aira. “They keep on arguing that they already did all possible troubleshooting but still could not figure out what was wrong in the system.”

“Tsk. The system has bug for sure. If it doesn’t have a bug, that bloated sales won’t have been posted.” said Nicole.

“Yeah, and I need a really good Analyst to find that out. I studied Business and Finance. I am no computer expert!” said Aira.

Nicole pushed Aira’s food closer to Aira.

“Eat, you need energy.” Said Nicole.

Just then, a pretty lady in pink sat with Aira and Nicole.

“Lucy! You’re back!” shouted Aira.

“Yes I am!” Lucy took out some chocolates. “From Korea with love.”

“Wow… your business trip was in Korea?” asked Aira taking a bite of the interesting chocolate Lucy brought. “Did you see Director Park there?”

Lucy’s brows drew closed together.

“Didn’t you hear?” asked Lucy

“Heard what?” asked Aira.

“Director Yoochun Park already resigned from the company as soon as he returned to Korea from his assignment here.” said Lucy.

Aira felt her heart sinking.

“I…didn’t know. I just saw his picture earlier with Ivy in Korea, I thought…” Aira felt blank all of a sudden.

“Ivy and Director Park are buddies. Even if he’s no longer with the company, they still have contact.” Said Lucy.

“Look at yourself, Aira. You look devastated.” Said Nicole.

“Don’t tell me you’re still crushing on him? I mean, who won’t!” laughed Lucy. “The entire office is crushing on him.”

“Hey, Aira. I thought you said you already moved on from him when you learned he has a long-time girlfriend in Korea?” asked Nicole.

Aira sighed.

“And you also said you don’t like guys going to bars and clubs every chance they get. From the pictures I saw when he was still here, he was going out on bars almost every week.” Said Nicole.

“Yeah, I know I said those things but…I can’t stop myself from feeling the way I feel.” Said Aira.

“He’s such a complex being. He is such a great Boss and Director inside the company. But he’s a party person outside.” Said Lucy.

Aira opened her phone and saw Ivy’s response to her message.

Ivy: You silly girl.

Aira sighed.

“What’s up?” asked Nicole.

“I told Ivy her picture with Director Park is killing me.” Said Aira. “She just made me die right now.”

Lucy laughed when she saw Aira’s phone.

“I so want to go to Korea too! I want to see the beautiful Autumn scenery!” said Aira.

But it seems that dream is too illusive.

Wait.

Didn’t she promise herself that she will act on her dreams? Didn’t she say there should no longer be any excuses in her life?

“Well actually, why not?” asked Aira. “Let’s go to Korea next year!”

Nicole almost choked.

“Are you serious?” asked Nicole.

“Yes I am.” Said Aira. “We have a year to save money.”

“Korea is a tourist friendly destination.” said Lucy. “If I would be given a chance, I’ll definitely return there.”

“C’mon, Nicole. We are still young. This is the best time to travel the world.” Said Aira.

Nicole sighed.

“All right, let’s go next year then.” Said Nicole.

-------------------

 

One year later

 

Aira walked inside the Incheon airport unsure where to go. This is not her first time to travel alone. She had confidence that she can enjoy the trip even if Nicole backed out the last minute. Nothing can hinder her from realizing her dream of having a Great Korean Autumn Vacation!

Aira held several printed out papers. Her hostel is somewhere near Sungkyungkwan University. In the instructions, she needs to get on a bus and then ask the driver to drop her off in the Sungkyungkwan Bus Stop.

That shouldn’t be too hard.

Aira went to an information desk.

“Hi, where can I get the bus going to Sungkyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter