Hangover

Fifteen Going on Two

A/N: I’m so sorry for taking so long to update! Please, feel free to throw things at me. Here’s a bit of a longer chapter, and all BIGBANG members in one chapter, as an apology.

 

---

 

Seung Hyun sighed at the mess that was Seungri’s room. Dirty clothes, CDs and food wrappers littered the floor. Muttering to himself about not being a damn maid, he began to pick up the dirty clothes to bring downstairs and throw in the wash (Seungri could damn well take care of the rest) when he noticed a smaller pile by the partially opened wardrobe doors. These ones looked clean – most where on hangers, despite being on the floor.

 

He left the pile of dirty clothes by the door to take down and went over to tidy up the clean ones, regretting that Ji Yong’s OCD for cleanliness had rubbed off on him over the years. Throwing them over one arm, he opened the wardrobe door fully to put them away but then frowned in surprise. There was food in the wardrobe – uneaten, still in wrappers, bags and tins. It was everything that had gone missing, that Ji Yong had accused Seungri of throwing away to spite them. What on Earth was it doing in Seungri’s wardrobe?

 

He quickly hung the clean clothes up, slipped a packet of ramen from the wardrobe into his pocket, picked up the dirty pile and took it down to the utility room to be washed before going to find Seungri. He wasn’t in the house, so he decided to try next door, thinking he’d perhaps already gone over. The party wouldn’t be starting for another hour and a half, but perhaps Seungri’s crush on Bom had led him over to help set up, giving him ample opportunity to attract her attention. He’d been spending quite a bit of time over at that house this past week.

 

Sure enough, after going out into the garden he found the teen in Dae Sung and Bom’s garden, carrying out a table with Dae Sung’s help. Knowing Dae Sung wouldn’t mind, he jumped the fence between their gardens.

 

“Seungri,” he called, walking over. Both Seungri and Dae Sung turned at his voice, Seungri with a scowl and Dae Sung with a smile. Seung Hyun waved to his friend, but his attention quickly went back to the teen. “I want to ask you something.”

 

Seungri didn’t stop scowling, but Dae Sung said something to him too quietly for Seung Hyun to hear, and Seungri’s look eased a little. Seung Hyun paused momentarily, surprised at that. Was Seungri actually listening to Dae Sung? He’d of thought Seungri would hate the guy given that he wanted to bang Dae Sung’s girlfriend, but the way Seungri was helping him, and the way he didn’t glare daggers at him, it was almost like they were friends, which was a very weird thought. ‘Seungri’ and ‘sociable’ just weren’t words that seemed to go together.

 

But wonders never cease. It seems even the irritable teen isn’t immune to Dae Sung’s natural charm.

 

The two of them set the table down and Seungri came over, hands in his pockets and looking like he’d rather be walking into the middle of a lion pride covered in meat.

 

“What do you want now?” He asked, making his voice as rude as he could.

 

“What is this?” He asked, pulling the ramen from his pocket and holding it out for the teenager to see. Seungri’s look immediately darkened and his eyes flicked between the food and Seung Hyun. “Why are you hoarding food?”

 

“Why the do you think, you dumb ? Does too much make you stupid?!” The teen snapped angrily, snatching the ramen from his hand almost violently.

 

“I don’t know why you are,” Seung Hyun said, keeping his voice calm and glancing over to Dae Sung to see the younger man politely pretending he couldn’t hear anything. “So why don’t you tell me?”

 

“For when you kick me out, obviously,” Seungri said, and although he was still angry sounding, he said it so plainly; like it was the most obvious thing in the world to happen. Grass is green, the sky is blue, Seungri will be made homeless; simple, obvious. The fact that the teen was so sure nobody would want him, that he fully expected to the forgotten about like yesterdays news sent a pang of sympathy jolting through Seung Hyun’s heart.

 

‘But that’s exactly what you’re doing,’ an unwanted voice spoke up in his head, reminding him that Ji Yong fully planned on giving the teen away.

 

“We’re not kicking you out,” he lied, and bit his lip. .

 

“Yeah you are. Everyone does.”

 

“We’re not-” But he broke off. There was hardly any point in lying. In fact, lying might just make it worse; if he said Seungri wasn’t going anywhere, and then they gave him up, well, the teen would hate them even more than he already does. Not to mention the added trust issues he’d probably get, and he seemed like he already had enough of those to last a few lifetimes. Seung Hyun exhaled, feeling like a complete hypocrite. “It’s not like that. I don’t want you gone, not really. You drive me mad, and sometimes I could bloody kill you, but… I want you to have a better life. And I think that life might be somewhere else.”

 

He looked at Seungri, who had a strange look on his face; like he was fighting to keep it neutral. He wouldn’t hide anger, so Seung Hyun thought he must be hiding pain. He was upset, and Seung Hyun felt like the world’s biggest bastard.

 

“Because Ji Yong hates me,” he said shortly, voice carefully pitched.

 

“No,” Seung Hyun denied. “Seungri, he doesn’t hate you. He just doesn’t know how to talk to you. I don’t know, either. You know that we weren’t expecting you, and we’ve never dealt with this kind of situation before.”

 

“What, living with a teenager?” Seungri asked, clearly not impressed. “It wasn’t long ago you two were teenagers.”

 

“Caring for a damaged teenager,” Seung Hyun corrected, and perhaps he didn’t say that the best way, because Seungri took a step back, anger and upset breaking through his carefully constructed mask with the force of a hammer.

 

Damaged?” He repeated, and he didn’t shout but he may as well have done. “That’s what you think of me?”

 

Seung Hyun shook his head, and he would have put a comforating hand on Seungri if only he thought the teen would appreciate it. Instead, he kept his hands to himself. “I didn’t mean it like that, really. But Seungri, you… you don’t come from the most normal background. You need extra help, help Ji Yong and I can’t give you.”

 

“So that’s what I am? A burden? Some junkies kid who needs what? A psychologist?” And Seungri was just plain angry now. “ you, you bastard!

 

He shoved past Seung Hyun, forcefully enough to knock him back a few steps, and stormed off – to where exactly Seung Hyun had no idea, as rather than the house he seemed to be making his way to the street.

 

“,” Seung Hyun muttered. He’d really ed that up, hadn’t he? He rubbed at his sore shoulder where the teen had pushed him, pretty sure it would bruise. Why could he never get anything right with this kid? Maybe Seung Hyun wasn’t as cut out for this parenting business as he’d thought. Hell, maybe it was good they’d never gotten that baby because he’d probably do an awful job trying to raise it.

 

“Talk didn’t go well, huh?” Dae Sung asked sympathetically, walking over.

 

Seung Hyun snorted, “About as well as it ever does.”

 

“Well, I wish I could give you some helpful advise,” Dae Sung said, “but I’ve got nothing.”

 

“It’s fine,” Seung Hyun waved him off. But then he thought about Seungri hanging around Dae Sung and Bom’s place lately, and helping Dae Sung carry things out. “He likes you, right? Seungri, I mean. How did you make that happen?”

 

“I don’t know,” Dae Sung shrugged apologetically. “He’d only really pay attention to Bom the first few days, but then he asked me something I honestly don’t even remember, and since then, well…” he shrugged. “He just started chatting with me.”

 

It was probably just because Dae Sung is Dae Sung. He’s impossible not to like. Not liking Dae Sung would be as ridiculous as saying you don’t like oxygen.

 

How does Dae Sung do it? Where does he get that natural charm? Seung Hyun would really like to know so he could get some too.

 

He motioned to the table Seungri had abandoned. “Want some help with that?”

 

~*~

 

Just as Seung Hyun and Dae Sung finished setting up, and Bom was bringing out the last few plates of food the first guests arrived. While the host couple headed over to greet them, Seung Hyun hopped the fence back into his own garden to change and find Ji Yong. He wasn’t sure if he’d find Seungri at home, but he hoped he’d come back soon. This past week he’d been wondering off a lot; sometimes not coming back until three or four in the morning. Seung Hyun had no idea where he was going or what he was doing; asking would get him nowhere. He just hoped the teen wasn’t up to anything illegal.

 

Entering through the kitchen, Seung Hyun called out for Ji Yong, who shouted back that he was in their bedroom getting ready, so Seung Hyun headed for the bathroom to have a quick shower.

 

Within fifteen minutes Seung Hyun was back round at Dae Sung and Bom’s, this time with Ji Yong who greeted them enthusiastically.

 

“I invited Young Bae and Sandara, too,” Ji Yong told them. “I know you guys haven’t seen each other for a while.”

 

“Oh brilliant!” Bom smiled. “I meant to call them myself, but I lost their number. It’ll be great to catch up!”

 

“You haven’t seen Seungri since he left, have you?” Seung Hyun asked Dae Sung as his husband went through his phone contacts to give Bom Sandara’s number.

 

“No, sorry,” Dae Sung shook his head, looking concerned. “He’s disappeared?”

 

Seung Hyun sighed. “Yeah, but don’t worry, he always comes back. I just thought he might have stuck around for the barbeque.”

 

“I’ll keep an eye out and let you know if I see him, hyung,” Dae Sung promised, wide eyed and sincere. Seung Hyun couldn’t help but smile and reach out to ruffle his hair. This dongsaeng was too cute. “Hyung!” Dae Sung whined, ducking away. “Do you know how long I spent perfecting this style?”

 

“About 30 seconds, it looks like,” Seung Hyun chuckled.

 

“Yeah, now you’ve messed it up it does,” he pouted, but he looked more amused than anything and Seung Hyun grinned back.

 

“Don’t worry, Dae Sungie, it looks even better now.”

 

“Really?” The younger man asked, looking up as though he could see his new hair style. “You’re not just saying that?”

 

“Promise,” Seung Hyun said, hand on heart.

 

Just then, Bom looked over from her conversation with Ji Yong, and her eyes widened momentarily when they landed on her boyfriend, then she grined. “Nice hair, Dae. You’re rocking that just ed look – maybe I’ll have to make it more than just a look, huh?” She winked, and Dae Sung’s cheeks flamed.

 

“Not in company!” He blushed, causing Bom to laugh.

 

“Told ya,” Seung Hyun said smugly.

 

“Hey, there they are,” Ji Yong said, and Seung Hyun turned around to see Young Bae and Sandara – who now supported a noticeable baby bump – entering the garden.

 

“Dara!” Bom shouted excitedly and ran off to greet her. Young Bae waved over to them, and after greeting Bom who quickly pulled Sandara into a conversation, he headed over to the men.

 

“Hey man,” Ji Yong grinned, fist bumping him.

 

“Hey, hyung,” Young Bae greeted Seung Hyun with his usual eye smile. Then he turned to the younger man. “Dae Sung, it’s been too long, man. How’ve you been?”

 

“Good, I’m good,” Dae Sung beamed. “How’s it going with the baby?”

 

Young Bae glanced back over to his wife. “Really good, but damn, people aren’t joking when they warm you about hormonal pregnant women. I seriously thought she was going to stab me the other day when I ate one of her chocolates.” He shook his head, and then looked slightly alarmed. “But don’t tell her I said that, otherwise I might actually get stabbed!”

 

Seung Hyun couldn’t hold back a snort of amusement, which made the others laugh, and Young Bae shook his head fondly. “It’s been a crazy few months,” he said, smile bright. “I never thought I’d want a little screaming baby that’s bound to vomit all over me so much.”

 

“Parental instincts sure are a crazy thing,” Dae Sung agreed. “You should see some of the parents at work; honestly, you see all kinds of crazy when you’re a teacher. One woman almost had a breakdown when she had to leave her son for the first time. We had to sit her down and get her a cup of tea. She got so pale I was halfway to calling a doctor.”

 

“Well I hope I don’t turn out that bad,” Young Bae laughed. “If I do, somebody please slap me.”

 

“I’ll happily slap you,” Ji Yong grinned, and Young Bae rolled his eyes.

 

“That would make you far too happy. Seung Hyun, you have my permission to slap me if I start becoming an over-clingy parent.”

 

“I’ll hold you to that,” Seung Hyun promised playfully.

 

“On second thought, you might be as bad as Ji,” Young Bae said.

 

“Can’t take it back now,” Seung Hyun laughed.

 

“Well I wouldn’t hesitate to give you a slap either,” Dae Sung grinned.

 

“I’m going to get beaten up at this rate,” Young Bae pouted. “Why are you all so eager to hit me?”

 

“You just have one of those faces,” Ji Yong deadpanned, before joining in with Seung Hyun and Dae Sung laughing.

 

“You’re all terrible friends,” Young Bae sniffed, but he was grinning. “I need new ones.”

 

They easily fell into conversation for a good hour, Bom and Dara soon joining them as they all caught up, before Seung Hyun escused himself to get something to eat.

 

Idly picking at the barbeque currently manned by someone Seung Hyun thought he vaguely recognised as Dae Sung’s cousin (he remembered Dae Sung once introducing him to a cousin who was training to be a chef), he scanned the people currently crowded into the garden, hoping to spot Seungri amongst them. He was worried about the teen. He didn’t want him getting into trouble and hoped he’d be back sooner rather than later. If he wasn’t back by 1am he’d have to go looking for him.

 

Finishing a piece of meat, he looked over when he heard footsteps coming his way. It was the one person he’d hoped wouldn’t turn up today.

 

“Ms Seo,” Seung Hyun greeted, voice about as enthusiastic as a pig going to slaughter. “How, er, nice to see you again.”

 

Tiny little Ms Seo, bent with age, peered up at him with small eyes. “Still no wife?” She grumbled, voice husky from a life time of smoking, her tone just as judging as it always was. She pointed a shaky finger up at him. “You need to find yourself a wife before you get too old.”

 

Seung Hyun held back a sigh. Every time she saw him he had to go through this routine. “I’m already married, Ms Seo, to Ji Yong.”

 

“Ha! Married, he says!” She laughed croakily, ending with a few coughs, and she pulled a hanky from her pocket to hold to . After a few moments, she removed it and gave him a stern, judging look. “Men can’t marry men. God created Adam and Eve; it’s to be one man and one woman.”

 

“Tell that to the marriage registration office,” Seung Hyun replied, a little snippy. He didn’t appreciate people devaluing his marriage, or his love for his husband.

 

“A load of rubbish,” Ms Seo scoffed. “This country went downhill when they declared homouals could marry. They’ll all be sorry come Judgment Day, you mark my words. All these young people, I’ll tell you what they’re doing; they’re ignoring good old traditional Korean morals and trying to fit in with them Westerners with their big noses and yellow hair.”

 

“It’s the government realising that in the modern world people expect equality,” Seung Hyun said. “I don’t need or want a wife, I’m perfectly happy with a husband.”

 

“A man needs a wife,” the woman stubbornly argued. “There are certain roles to fulfil in a marriage, and only a wife can provide them for her husband.”

 

“Well Ji Yong and I are doing just fine,” Seung Hyun defended, and he looked around for a distraction to take him away from Ms Seo. Thankfully, he spotted one just joining the party, and he’d never been so happy to see Chae Rin.

 

“Have a pleasant time, Ms Seo,” Seung Hyun bid farewell, refraining from adding, try not to chock on the bulgogi, and he hastily made his way over to say hello to Chae Rin.

 

“Seung Hyun,” the woman greeted with a smile, “it’s great to see you again.”

 

“Hey, you too,” Seung Hyun grinned, “I didn’t know you were coming.”

 

“Well, Ji Yong rang the other day and said I may as well drop off the paperwork today since I’d get free food here,” she laughed. “I hope the hosts don’t mind.”

 

“Paperwork?” Seung Hyun asked, barely taking in the last sentence – Dae Sung and Bom would hardly care anyway, they probably didn’t even know a third of the people here.

 

“Yeah, the one’s Ji Yong asked for,” Chae Rin said. “You know, about Seung Hyun.”

 

“No, I don’t know. What paperwork?”

 

Chae Rin began to look a little uncomfortable. “Oh, erm. Well, Ji Yong rang last week, he wanted a copy of Seung Hyung’s files.”

 

“Why?” Seung Hyun asked, though he already had a pretty good idea. He just couldn’t believe that Ji Yong would do it without even talking to him.

 

Chae Rin was now looking very uncomfortable, but at this moment Seung Hyun wasn’t too concerned. “For court? Has he already started the process of giving up Seungri?” He pressed.

 

“No, no I don’t think so,” Chae Rin said. “He just wants to get everything in order I guess. Look, perhaps you should just go and talk to him about it. Here,” she dug out a bound file from her handbag and passed it over. Seung Hyun looked down at it; the cover was labelled with the name Kwon-Choi Seung Hyun.

 

“Right, so, you go chat with Ji Yong, and I’ll go eat until I feel better,” the woman said, and with a sympathetic smile she headed off.

 

Seung Hyun continued to just stare at the file for a few moments, and the longer he did, the angrier he felt. What, Ji Yong couldn’t even be bothered to fill him in on the fact that he was already getting rid of Seungri? Since when did he think it was fine to go about making these sort of important decisions behind his back?

 

Clutching the file tightly in his fist, Seung Hyun marched off to find his husband.

 

It didn’t take long, he was still talking with Young Bae and Dara, and someone Seung Hyun vaguely recognised from the neighbourhood was also with them. Dae Sung and Bom had disappeared, but Seung Hyun wasn't too bothered where to right now. “Ji Yong,” he said, keeping his voice even to avoid making a scene. “I need to speak with you.” The fact he’d said just these words to Seungri earlier didn’t escape his notice, and it made Seung Hyun even more irritated. His shoulder did bruise.

 

Ji Yong, thankfully, seemed to pick up on something in his voice, as he suddenly looked a little nervous. Good, Seung Hyun thought to himself.

 

“Er, sure,” he said. “I’ll see you later, guys,” he said to the others, then stepped away with Seung Hyun. “What is it?” He asked, and Seung Hyun watched his eyes go to the file.

 

“Not here,” Seung Hyun said tightly, and neither said a word until they were back home, away from any nosy guests. But once they were indoors, Seung Hyun all but threw the file at him. “And just when exactly where you going to tell me about this? Or what, you just couldn’t be bothered? Did it slip your mind?”

 

“Seung Hyun…” Ji Yong said wearily. “I was going to tell you, I swear. But all I’ve done is made a few phone calls; it’s hardly anything I need to announce to you.”

 

“Right,” Seung Hyun snipped sarcastically, “because this hardly affects my life, too.”

 

“Hey, don’t get ing y at me!” Ji Yong snapped back, eyes narrowing to a glare. “If you weren’t being such a goddamn bleeding heart over that bastard I wouldn’t have needed to make any phone calls without you. I said the day he arrived I wanted him gone, so I’m getting him gone. The brat’s been here long enough!”

 

“Are you really that ing selfish?” Seung Hyun laughed in disbelief. “He’s just got a new home, a new school – he’s been completely uprooted and you want to do it again? He’s a human being in case you didn’t notice! You can’t just throw him out like yesterdays rubbish!”

 

“And you can’t cling to him like he’s some new puppy that just needs a few training lessons!” Ji Yong shouted. “Hell, if that’s what you want I’ll get you a damn dog, just as soon as the brat’s gone. It’d be less of a nuisance, and better behaved even when it’s pissing all over the floor.”

 

“You can’t compare him to a ing dog! He’s a person!” He really couldn’t understand why Ji Yong hates Seungri so much. Disliking him he can understand, because Seung Hyun dislikes him too, but certainly not hate. The teenager was rude, obnoxious, insulting and disrespectful, but he wasn’t violent, he hadn’t tried to hurt them, and Seung Hyun couldn’t see why Ji Yong’s dislike could amount to something as strong as the hate he seemed to have for him. “Why can’t you see why it’s cruel to throw him out when he’s just beginning to settle? What if he’s made friends at school?”

 

Friends? You think that kid has friends? Who the could like him?” Ji Yong said in disbelief, lip curled.

 

“Why are you being like this, Ji Yong?” Seung Hyun asked, because although those words weren’t meant about him, in a way it felt like they were. He hadn’t exactly been popular growing up; he’d spent a fair portion of his childhood overweight, and then discovered he liked boys – it was hardly the best recipe for making friends. All those times he’d ran away from school because the other kids would laugh at him…

 

And he’d never seen his husband take such a sudden and strong dislike to a person; it baffled Seung Hyun. He knows for a fact that Ji Yong has met worse people than Seungri before, and he’d never acted like this around them. It didn’t make sense. “Since when were you such a cold person that you could talk about an abused teenager like that?”

 

Ji Yong huffed in irritation, pinching the bridge of his nose. “Look, I’m sorry he didn’t have the best life, okay? But that’s not my fault, and I don’t see why I’m the one who should have to deal with it.”

 

“I’m not saying you have to, I’m saying you should be more compassionate. Is he a ? Yes, he is. But it’s hardly surprising, is it?” Seung Hyun returned, not in the least bit happy. “Treat him like a damn person, Ji Yong.”

 

“Maybe I would if he treated us that way too!”

 

“Be the bigger person!” Seung Hyun snapped. “He’s a damn teenager; he spends his time sleeping in class and chasing girls, you’re a grown adult; you’re married and have a job – you have responsibilities, he doesn’t. So act your damn age.”

 

“Don’t tell me what I sh-” Ji Yong’s angry retort was cut off when the front door flew open, and the couple swung their heads around to watch Seungri come stumbling in; tripping and bouncing off the wall with a giggle.

 

“S’up, homos?” The teen slurred, stumbling his way into the hallway. “Party s’ill goin’?” He narrowed his eyes in concentration, peering around him. “S’wrong house,” he mumbled, and wobbly turned around to walk back out.

 

“Are you drunk?” Ji Yong snapped, reaching over to grab Seungri by his t-shirt and drag him over. He shot Seung Hyun a look like it was his fault, and Seung Hyun glared back, affronted. Seungri absolutely reeked of alcohol, as if he’d taken a bath in it, cloths on. But that wasn’t all, there was something else lingering there too…

 

“And high?!” Ji Yong shouted, looking beyond furious. “What the do you think you’re doing coming into my house off your ing face?!”

 

Seung Hyun looked over the teen, taking in his dishevelled hair and bloodshot eyes. He looked a wreck.

 

“You’d better hope you don’t have anything on you right now, you little ,” Ji Yong continued, looking just about ready to kill the teen. Seungri’s response was to vomit, right at Ji Yong’s feet, and Seung Hyun winced. That couldn’t be good. Ji Yong froze as Seungri groaned, straightening himself back up, and for a moment Seung Hyun thought Ji Yong might actually try to kill him, but then he closed his eyes and forcefully took a deep breath.

 

“Seung Hyun,” Ji Yong said, a cold calmness forced in his voice that could break at any time; like a raging winter river trying to smash apart the ice that forced it down. “You wanted him, so you take care of him.”

 

And then he was leaving. Seung Hyun didn’t speak up; it was for the best that Ji Yong removed himself from the situation. Or at least in the best interest of the teen who looked like he may throw up again at any moment.

 

“Come on,” Seung Hyun said, wrapping a hand around Seungri’s arm and guiding him up the stairs. He really wasn’t happy himself, and the smell was gag inducing, but he couldn’t just do nothing. So, he led the teen to the bathroom and switched on the shower. Then, he hesitated. He couldn’t remove Seungri’s clothing, even just the outer layers; the teen would be furious once he was sober. Instead, he just removed his shoes and guided him under the spray fully clothed. Once under the water, Seungri seemed to give up all attempts at standing and Seung Hyun had to catch him before he fell and hurt himself. Quietly cussing he kicked off his own shoes and stepped into the shower with the teen, clothes becoming saturated in seconds as he tried his best to hold him up and wash his face clean at the same time. Seungri was of absolutely no help; he didn’t even seem to realise he was in the shower.

 

“What the Hell are you doing to yourself, kid?” Seung Hyun mumbled more to himself, knowing he wouldn’t get an answer out of the teen.

 

Seungri hiccupped, hard enough that his entire body jumped, and the jolt to his stomach had him vomiting again. Seung Hyun grimaced as he felt it splatter on his feet, but he still had his socks on and it was more liquid than solid, so he counted himself lucky.

 

He had to tighten his grip as Seungri slouched against him, but the teen was like dead weight in his arms - he was too heavy to hold for long. Carefully, Seung Hyun lowered Seungri, sitting him down on the floor of the shower and took hold of the shower head. He couldn’t clean him properly as he was still clothed, but he washed his arms and hands before squirting some shampoo onto his head and rubbing it through the teen’s hair.

 

Seungri muttered something as Seung Hyun ran his fingers over his scalp, but the words were too mumbled to understand.

 

“What did you say?” He asked, massaging in the shampoo.

 

“Why… why you look af’er me?” Seungri whispered, and Seung Hyun had to strain to hear him over the sound of water. “No on’ look’s af’er me.”

 

Seung Hyun bit his lip, heart clenching. He knew this wasn’t something Seungri would usually say; he was high and drunk, it was a moment of weakness he’d sincerely regret if he remembered it in the morning, but it seemed so honest and almost… broken. Nobody had ever taken care of this kid, and he didn’t understand why anyone would want too.

 

Seung Hyun didn’t even know how to respond, so he just rinsed his hair free of suds and pulled him to his feet. “Come on,” he said gently, leading the teen out of the bathroom and to his bedroom.

 

Entering Seungri’s messy room, Seung Hyun glanced over to the wardrobe hiding the stashed food and he tried to stop the teen’s words echoing in his mind, no one looks after me.

 

“I think… you want somebody to look after you, don’t you?” Seung Hyun said carefully, settling the teen down onto a desk chair to avoid him soaking the bed. “You try not to show it, but it’s human nature. You want, you need somebody to care for you. To care if you stay out too late, to care if you make a stupid mistake.” He looked to the teen, but his eyes were half shut and dazed, and Seung Hyun doubted he was taking a single word in. “You know, your life would be so much easier if you could just admit that to yourself.”

 

Seungri had dozed off, and Seung Hyun sighed. He looked over to the bed. He couldn’t leave the teen to fall off the chair, he needed to settle him into bed.

 

“Seungri,” he spoke softly, lightly shaking his shoulder to try to rouse him. “Seungri, you need to wake up.”

 

The teen groaned, eyes opening just a fraction, and Seung Hyun gave him a sympathetic smile. “I’m sorry, but you can’t fall asleep here. I need to… you need to get these wet clothes off or you’ll catch a cold.”

 

The teen didn’t move, he barely looked able to, and Seung Hyun wasn’t sure what to do. How angry would he be the next morning if Seung Hyun removed his clothes?

 

He decided it didn’t matter; he couldn’t leave the teen wet. So, for the next few minutes he struggled to pull off Seungri’s shirt and trousers, but after a lot of manoeuvring the boy about he managed it. There was nothing he could do about Seungri’s boxers, so he brought him over to the bed, making sure to prop him up against the wall. “Wait here a minute,” he said. “I’ll get a towel to dry your hair.”

 

He turned around to leave the room, and startled when he saw Ji Yong stood in the doorway. He opened his mouth to say something, he wasn’t even sure what, but shut it again when Ji Yong silently held out a towel to him. Seung Hyun blinked and just looked at it for a moment. But then he took it with a quite thanks and turned around to Seungri, his back to Ji Yong.

 

He set about carefully drying him; gently rubbing the towel over his hair until it was no longer dripping, just damp, and then used the few patches of still dry towel to run over him arms, back and chest. Once he was as dry as he could get him, Seung Hyun helped settle Seungri into bed; laying him down and pulling the quilt up over him, tucking him in like a young child. Seungri immediately fell asleep, and for a few moments Seung Hyun just watched him. It was strange, the teenager had only been with them a short time, but it would seem… odd without him. With a sigh, Seung Hyun turned away.

 

Ji Yong was still stood at the door, watching, and Seung Hyun still wasn’t sure what to say. So he mumbled, “I need to clean up,” and moved to walk passed. He was wet, the bathroom was wet, and a trail of water went from the bathroom down the hallway. The mess downstairs needed to be cleaned up too. He didn't have the will to argue any more.

 

A hand grabbed hold of his arm as he brushed passed his husband, so he paused but he didn’t meet the man’s gaze.

 

“I already cleaned up downstairs,” Ji Yong said, and he sounded regretful. “Go change, I’ll sort the bathroom out.”

 

Seung Hyun hesitated, and he looked to Ji Yong. Ji Yong just met his gaze, silently asking him to do as he’d said. It was an apology, Seung Hyun knew that, so he nodded and Ji Yong dropped his hand.

 

“Seung Hyun,” the younger man called as he moved off down the hallway. Seung Hyun hesitantly turned back to him. “I love you, you know.”

 

“I know,” Seung Hyun said, giving him a small smile even though it felt like a lot of energy to do that right now. “I love you too.”

 

He headed to his and Ji Yong’s bedroom to change, leaving Ji Yong out in the hallway.