Chapter 2

'Before then it's After'

 

 

 

It’s a warm Saturday afternoon a perfect time for a nap. Oh how I love a sweet afternoon nap since I only get to do this on weekend, it’s too precious. I lay on my bed feeling the fluffiness of my blanket and close my eyes and as I’m about to drift to dreamland --- A pair of lips, his lips, caresses mine waking my senses from my almost slumber,

“Mmmnnhh… Jongin that’s not fair, I’m tired.”

Eyes still close, I shifted my body to the other side trying to play hard to get.

I heard him heave a deep sigh and gripe, “What do you mean? We had a good sleep last night,”

I feel his body inch closer to mine and swiftly feel him breathing in my ear, he then whispers,

“I love making love to you Minji, always.”

Then he kisses my nape and gently wraps his arms around me. And there goes my sanity. I can’t believe how Jongin manages to sweep me off my feet every single time. I love him, I seriously do.

I turn my body over to face him, looking at his eyes and there I see my forever.

And right now I’m about to make sweet love to him… again.

 

 

Its girl’s night out tonight and here I am with my friends in our favourite bar in Gangnam-gu spending the night away, enjoying the drinks and the music.

After reading a message on her phone my friend exclaims,

“Chincha?! Omo Minji-ah you’re getting married?” My playful Bom Unnnie throws a piece of napkin in my direction,

“How come you never told me this?!” Bom Unnie grumbles.

I smile and shake my head in bitter denial, “Unnie! There wasn’t even a proposal yet. Chaerin must’ve been the one that texted you.”

Bom Unnie crosses her hands and purse her lips, “Even so, you guys basically sleep in each others’ house. We all know how serious that is in our culture.”

“Bommie is right Minji-ah.” Dara Unnie calmly seconded Bom Unnie’s reasoning.

I felt my blood rush in making me blush, they’re right, it’s very plain to see that Jongin and I are both serious with each other. And right now because of my friends’ reasoning, I can’t help but to think ‘Why? Why hasn’t he propose yet?’

“Hello ladies!”

And right out of the blue an unfamiliar guy approach our table, he’s wearing a dark blue suit and sporting a blonde tousled hair with pale skin. Both Bom and Dara Unnie brightly smile at the guy while I just nod my head at him, curving my lips a little so it would look like a smile.

“Hi Mister!” Bom Unnie openly welcomes his presence.

The guy his hair backwards and beams at all of us,

“Pardon my intrusion ladies but I can’t help it. I’ve been sitting there for half an hour and in that time I am mostly looking in this direction and have been admiring the beauty that flocked in this table; I’m Oh Sehun by the way.” He then offers his hand for a handshake.

Bom Unnie is the first one to shake hands with him and she was totally taken by his sweet talking,

“Omo! What an honest guy you are, my name’s Park Bom.”

While Dara Unnie is the more level headed one and deal with him in a business like manner,

“Hello Sehun, I’m Sandara Park but you can address me as Dara.”

After he shakes hands with my Unnies, he turns to look at me and stretch his hand out, offering it for me to take.

And I took it, “Hi I’m Minji, please to meet you.”

He smile charmingly while holding my hand, “The pleasure is all mine,”

If I‘m not being too full of my self I think he’s holding my hand much longer than he did with my Unnies earlier, he then gesture for a waiter, finally letting go of my hand.

“Can I get you something ladies? Drinks perhaps, it’s on me.” He asks courteously.

“I’m good.” Dara Unnie politely declines since her drink is still almost full.

Bom Unnie gives him a big smile and gladly asks for one, “I’d like a Piña Colada, thank you!”

And as for me, “No thanks, I’m fine,” giving this Sehun guy a friendly smile.

He slightly frowns after hearing what I just said, “I was hoping for you to say yes Minji-sshi, perhaps some other time.”

He looks at me, pursing his lips together, then he looks away,

“Alright ladies, I think I can sleep well tonight since I’ve met you all, especially you Minji-sshi. I’ll go back to my spot right over there.” Pointing his finger at one of the empty stools in the bar.

“Nice to meet you Sehun!” Bom Unnie joyfully bid him goodbye, same with Dara Unnie.

But me, I was taken aback that I didn’t know how to respond from what he just said.

“Omona! Minji-ah if I’m not mistaken I think he just flirted with you!” Bom Unnie elbowed my side.

Dara Unnie fanned her face, “I can not believe that just happened.”

They both laugh at the turn out of events, but for me, I don’t know why but it sort of pissed me off. This Sehun guy is exceedingly cocky!

 

 

What a long night it has been. I’m now driving in my car on the way home and it suddenly pop in my head again, ‘Why hasn’t Jongin propose yet?’ And for the very first time that thought bother every cell in my body.

So instead of turning the wheel right leading the way to my home, I steered the wheel left going to Jongin’s house. I’d like to surprise him.

Once I reach his place I stop in front of his house’s gates, I look at it, the lights are on telling me that he’s home. I turn off my car’s engine and got out of it. Thank God I know his passwords because the surprise won’t be possible if I don’t.

I carefully passed the gates and I’m now standing in front of his doorsteps hoping he wasn’t able to see me in the CCTV, I quietly entered the password for his front porch. Thank goodness he’s not in his living room. I tiptoe my way to his room upstairs.

And as I’m getting closer I can hear him talking to someone, must be on the phone I thought because I don’t hear anyone but him.

The door to his room is slightly open, this is bizarre, I don’t know why but I am feeling nervous. I’ve gotten much closer to his door and I can clearly hear what he’s saying.

He sounds frustrated, “I know it’s hard but what to do? I don’t know if I could hold it in much longer. She won’t forgive me if she finds out, Minji can not know about this. She can’t…”

I don’t know why but I suddenly feel hurt, what is he talking about? I don’t understand, what is going on right now?

And my body it’s like it has a mind of its own because the next thing I know is that my hands push the door wide open and I walk inside his room.

He’s startle to see me, like I really scare the hell out of him and when I see that look on his face my tears suddenly well up and all I could muster to say is,

“What is it that I can not know?”

 

 

 


A/N: Hello dearly beloved readers! You just finished reading Chapter 2 of 'Before then it's After' actually I originally wanted to upload this chapter on Friday but then I think why not now? So Sehun finally made an appearance in this chapter, what do you guys think? Actually what do you think of the whole Chapter 2? I'm planning to upload Chapter 3 this Saturday but I'll see your feedback first before finally deciding on it. Thank you! And if you haven't subscribe yet, subscribe now!