Chapter 4

'Before then it's After'

Whatever is left out there for me, I'll take anything. ~ Sehun

 

 

 

It’s already been a week since Jongin proposed but I haven’t told any of my friends about this wonderful development.  I am floating in the sky of love… I know it sounds cheesy but I guess every girl who just got engaged to the love of their life is entitled to it. I smile at my silly thoughts,

“Where are we going to put this?” One of my assistants asks me bringing me back to my senses.

“Yes, can you place that at the entrée, the color of that vase compliments this big mahogany door.” I‘m pointing my finger at the exact spot so my assistant can place it perfectly.

I walk past the little boxes that contain the items I just ordered for my new designing project and stop when I finally reach the other room and I find it empty, the walls are painted in white and the floor is covered with old news papers. I wince after smelling the scent of fresh paint,

“Amber did our client ask us to do something for this room?” I ask my partner in designing.

She walks her way to where I am standing and scratch the back of her head,

“Nope, our client specifically asked us to leave this room alone.”

Curiosity slowly begins to interest me ‘Why would our client want a plain white room, when it wants us to design the entire house in style?’

“Amber I actually never get the chance to meet this client of ours. What does she do?”

“It’s actually a he.”

I sharply turn around to look at the person who just answered my question because I’m sure it wasn’t Amber and my eyes grew big in disbelief, this can’t be happening.

Amber claps her hand, “Great timing! He is our client Minji,” gesturing her hand to the man that’s standing in front of me.

“Hello. It’s me Oh Sehun, we meet again Minji-sshi.” Offering his hand once again for a handshake.

I am unbelievably enthralled with the things that are happening in my life right now, both good and bad, but what’s happening at this moment is seriously something I can not categorize. I look at his engaging eyes and smiling cherry lips, thinking how come I didn’t realize how good looking he is the night we met, it must be the dimmed lights at the bar or maybe the way how he’s casually dressed right now. Which ever it is I can’t possibly deny how exceedingly gorgeous Oh Sehun is in my eyes right now.

“Indeed, we meet again.” I grasp his hand.

Once again he charmingly smile but this time it’s directed to both of us, me and to my partner Amber,

“It’s now time for lunch, will you ladies care to join me?” he endearingly asks.

 

 

We are now seated and having our lunch at one of the Italian restaurants in Cheongdam-dong. It is a Monday so the place isn’t full with patrons but there are a few business people dressed in suits that’re also having their lunch in here.

“Oh I see, so you knew our Chief Interior Designer, that’s great!” Amber sounded amaze by the fact that I know our client but it’s not like I really know him, we barely talked on our first meeting.

Sehun wipe his lips with a cloth and chuckle lightly, “Yes you can say that. She and her friends are regulars on the bar that I co-own.”

My head automatically turn to face him after hearing what he said, looking at him with a judging stare.

He bobs his head at me and mouthed ‘What?’ and I can’t help it, what he did humour me and it made me smile.

Then we hear my partner’s phone beep. Amber reads her message and as I look at her I see her brows furrow, she then fix her things immediately and tells us,

“I’m sorry but I need to go now. The shipment of the orders I made for my other client got delayed and I need to do some damage control. Bye Minji-ah and nice to meet you Sehun-sshi!”

She was already out of the door even before I could say ‘Goodbye.’

So Sehun and I are left alone to finish our lunch, there was a long silence between me and him. I stole a glance and find him chewing his food; I’d like to be friendly with him so I decided to start a conversation,

“So you co-own that bar? It figures.” I enquire.

He set his fork on the table and shifts his body to face me, smiling, “That’s right, I do.”

I return his smile and then I recall some of the words that he mentioned earlier so I begin to probe,

“So as a co-owner you sure are hands-on in your business to know that my friends and I are regulars at your bar.”

He laughs piercingly as if I just told him a very funny joke. I got a little upset and I groan, how dare him!

He shrugs his hand in front of his face, “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to laugh,” then he clears his throat and start again,

“…I’m not as hands-on as what you think,” shaking his head.

“…I’m also not observant and I know this may sound creepy. But the reason how I knew you and your friends are regulars at my bar is because…”

He pauses and the expression on his face changes, they’re soften and his eyes sombre. At that moment I thought he looks like an angel.

“that’s how long I’ve been attracted to you.”

I freeze from my seat and for a moment I stop breathing. My throat feels dry so I grab my glass and gulp some water. I seriously didn’t expect a confession; we’ve been going to his bar for more than two years now. I’m rattling ‘What should I do? No. What should I tell him?’

And he continues, “But seeing that you now have a rock on your finger means I should back off.”

His sombre gaze is caressing my hand. I’m relieved and thankful that I decided to wear this ring today and I actually appreciate his honesty. I giggle, trying my best to lighten up the mood,

“That’s right! Anyways I still have two eligible friends, you’ve met them.” I jokingly said.

He let out another laugh but somehow this one is different, it feels too feigned.

Sehun’s hand touches mine, it was too fast for me to pull back my hand and if I were to pull back wouldn’t it be more awkward.

“Can we at least be friends?” He looks at me with pleading eyes.

I know what I should say because I’m a woman in a very committed relationship. I should say ‘No’ because you can’t be friends with someone who just confessed that they’re attracted to you for God knows how long it has been, but I can also feel that he won’t mean any harm, so my answer is,

“Yes, my friend.”

 

Our lunch ended much later than I thought it’s now three in the afternoon and I totally forgot that I still have to go back to my office and finish my designs for Sehun’s house, fortunately I texted Jongin earlier and ask him to come get me in this Italian restaurant.

“I could just drive you there.” Sehun offers.

I smile at him genuinely thankful for his kindness but I don’t want to bother him anymore and I’ve already ask Jongin,

“Its okay, my fiancée will come to get me.” I tell him.

Looking at Sehun his expression is quite unreadable; he just tilts his head and stand beside me.

“Okay then I’ll wait with you here. I can’t just leave you alone.” He says.

I’m touch, he’s a gentleman and a bit too caring, “Thank you but you don’t have to,”

I place my hand on his shoulder and pat it just to let him know that I appreciate his act of kindness.

“Minji-ah?”

Then I heard Jongin’s voice, I quickly turn to face him, greeting him with a sweet smile,

“Finally, you’re here! Jongin please meet my client and friend, Mr. Oh Sehun.”

Jongin arc an eyebrow at me and turn to look at Sehun and slightly bows,

“Hello Oh Sehun.” Jongin sounds rigid.

I cling at Jongin’s arm and pull him a bit, “Let’s go!”

Jongin look at me with a vacant stare and nods his head then I turn to look and smile at Sehun for the last time and I see him waving his hand,

“Bye Sehun!”

 

 

I’m still clinging at Jongin’s arm as we head to where he parked his car. I glance at him and find his expression still vacant. I can’t help it, it’s too precious, it’s not too often that he get to be like this. So I ,

“Are you jealous?”

Jongin twitches his mouth, “Jealous my !”

And I laugh too hard at his response, he’s too childish. He is jealous of my friendship with Oh Sehun.