Chapter 5

'Before then it's After'

Apart from him no one will ever do. It's got to be him ~ Minji

 

 

My body shiver as soon as the cold Sunday morning breeze touches the skin of my face when I roll the window down on my side of the car while Jongin continues to drive.

The morning breeze is definitely way better in the country side than in Seoul, it’s very refreshing. I lift my left hand and let it out in the open window and the mist of the cold breeze soon dampens my hand.

“Sweetheart don’t do that. Put your hand back inside.” Jongin’s eyes left the road ahead of us to look at me.

Thankfully there are no other vehicles driving on the road with us because what he did was more perilous than me letting my hand out of the car. I look at him with an assuring smile plastered on my face,

“Alright, just keep your eyes on the road.”

Jongin pouts his lips but he did what he’s been told, his eyes are once again fixed on the road ahead of us.

I roll the window back up and look at the digital clock that’s embedded on the dashboard; it’s five twenty-five in the morning. I turn to look at the backside of our car where the gifts that we bought yesterday are currently placed and a small smile appear on my lips,

“Sweetheart do you think they’ll like our gifts? Your Mom and Dad.”

Jongin chuckles, obviously humoured by the question I just asked but when he finally got himself compose he nods his head,

“The gifts don’t matter because just with the news of our engagement my Mom and Dad are already ecstatic. In fact they couldn’t wait to see you!”

What Jongin just told me got me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. I myself am happy and too excited to start this new chapter of my life with him and his family.

And as soon as Jongin turns the car right I can now see the white bar gates of their country house where his Mother and Father are waiting for us.

 

 

Jongin open the car door for me and then offers his hand to help me get out of the car and I giddily take hold of it. As we make our way on the pebble stone path going to the main house Jongin whispers another one of his sweet nothings,

“I’m keeping you forever…”

We both stop on our tracks, our hands are still attach to each other, he leans in to me and start kissing me passionately he’s tongue’s teasing mine and it only take a few seconds till I finally give in.

My head is clouded and I’m too intoxicated by the kiss I don’t even know how we’re going to stop.

“Oh Honey! There are the two lovebirds!” A woman shouts.

I jump at that instant; too embarrass to even look at her in the eyes. Of all the possible moments why did it have to be this?

“Mom!” Jongin wipes his lips off of the possible lipstick stains.

His mother gestures for the both of us to come quickly. I brave myself to smile naturally and walk towards her direction completely forgetting that Jongin is with me, he only came to my mind again when I heard him.

“Minji-ah wait up for me!”

 

 

We are now sitting in the patio of their country house where you can admire the beauty of their landscaped garden, the theme of the garden is tropical there are a lot of colourful flowers of different variants that I can only name a few and at the middle there is a manmade water falls. It really is spectacular.

“How’s the travel?”

Jongin’s mother asks, looking at me with so much enthusiasm she’s holding my hand and caressing it like a delicate fabric.

“It’s good Auntie! We didn’t meet any traffic on the way,” I answer trying to match her enthusiasm.

“Oh please!” she swats her hand at me,

“Drop the Auntie and call me Mother, right Honey? Minji should address us as Mother and Father now that everything is official.” She looks at Jongin’s father who’s taking a sip of his tea.

He looks at me with a warm expression, “That’s right! You’ve been our daughter long before and it’s about time you call us your Mother and Father.”

And they both laugh at their inside joke. That’s true they’re the closest thing I have for parents ever since my own parents died in a car crash four years ago.

It has only been a year back then that I’ve started dating their son when I suddenly became an orphan. Naturally I thought they’re going to forbid Jongin from seeing me because who wants an orphaned for a daughter in law in the future. As cliché as it sounds it’s true in our society.

But they certainly proved me wrong, they took care of me, they funded my studies helping me to graduate and they certainly treated me as if I was their daughter. Ever since then they’ve become essential people in my life.

I smile at them with a thankful heart, “Yes Mother and Father.”

And with that they both sigh in satisfaction their hearts full. I’m glad to have pleased such two wonderful people, they are totally worth it.

Jongin’s father claps his hands, “Okay! So when is this wedding?”

Truth be told Jongin and I have never really talked about the details of our wedding so I don’t know the answer to that question.

I look over to my shoulder and see Jongin staring blankly at the cup of tea that’s resting on his hands and it look to me like he’s spacing out and wasn’t able to catch on his father’s question.

I sigh deeply preparing myself to answer the question truthfully knowing that they will be disappointed to know that we haven’t even talked about it yet,

“Actually we ha---“

“Six months from now.” Jongin announces, cutting me short.

“Lovely!” His mother exclaims joyfully.

His announcement surprise me, I thought he was busy spacing out and not only that we haven’t talked about anything yet so I’m totally wondering where the hell did he get that ‘Six months from now’ answer. I still have a lot of designing projects to finish and he’s also busy being the head engineer of his father’s construction firm.

I smile at Jongin, squinting my eyes at him. I reach for his hand and squeeze it more tightly than I should, hissing under my breath,

“Let’s talk later.”

 

 

This Sunday has been the most tiring Sunday ever; Mother is really excited for the impending wedding of her son with me. She kept on suggesting places, different kinds of flowers for the event, caterers and everything a wedding should have and more. In fact I spent all afternoon with her and it was fun. It is nice to have a Mother again.

My skin feels a little sticky so I excused myself and went to the guest room to take a bath and a change of clothes. After taking a shower I hurriedly went to where my clothes are.

As I scan the whole room for the first time I realize that it is actually quite big, the interiors of the room is giving me the cozy feeling with its warm lighting and wooden furniture. And the canopy bed at the center definitely adds the romantic vibe.

If Jongin is here we will surely be enjoying that canopy bed by now. I smile at my silly thoughts and then I focus my attention to my clothes that are sprawl on the bed.

As I lean in to grab them, a pair of arms encircle around my waist making me jolt. Once again Jongin surprises me,

“I didn’t know you were here.” I am flushing at the sudden intimacy.

Jongin tightens his hold on me, resting his chin on my shoulder,

“I got in while you’re taking a shower and hid.” I feel him inhale deeply.

I rest both of my hands on top of his and shake my head remembering his offense earlier,

“Six months from now? Really Jongin?”

He chuckles and the vibration tickle my shoulder, “I am sorry about that but please don’t ruin this moment for me.”

I force myself not to smile at his plea but to no avail and I willingly submit. He pulls down the robe off of my shoulders and start kissing them.

His kisses sent shiver all over my body but they’re all in a good way. My head is once again clouded and I couldn’t think straight but I am sure of two things; his kisses are intoxicating and I guess we’ll now be enjoying that canopy bed.