Chapter 1

'Before then it's After'

I have everything that I need because... he's all that I need ~ Minji

 

 

 

Today is just like any other Saturdays, I am spending it together with a good friend of mine on our favorite coffee shop and later on I will be going home with the man of my dreams. I am seriously head over heels in love with him and it’s just so unbelievable that right now, we are actually togeth---

 

“I think he’s gonna propose to you!” My good friend Chaerin ended my train of thoughts with her bold statement.

 

“Look you guys have been together for what? Five years… that’s a long time girl.” She wistfully sighs, obviously happy for me and my guy.

 

I cringe my nose at her, “Chaerin-ah please don’t get my hopes up. My heart will break a little if he won’t.”

 

She let out a laugh and then playfully hit me, “Yah! You’re such a drama queen, but seriously, at first I thought you guys will never work out.”

 

I smile at her, nodding my head in response and dreamily sigh, “I thought so too.”

 

 

--- Flashback (University days) ---

 

“Minji-ah mianhe… I didn’t know he’s such a goof ball, if only I had known I wouldn’t set you up with him. Kris Oppa made me do it!” Chaerin cling to my arms while apologizing.

 

I shook my head in disappointment, “Don’t do everything whatever your boyfriend tells you to do. By far, that date was the most disappointing date I have ever been! The guy was so un-gentleman and has little to no humour at all.” I scoff, letting out my frustration.

 

Then Chaerin’s phone suddenly ring,

 

“Oppa…” She cooed.

 

I look at her and thought ‘I am this close to slap some sense into this gizibe!’ I am puzzled, her mood shifted from being apologetic to flirtatious in a second and again I thought to my self ‘What was that about?’

 

“I understand Oppa. Neh, I’ll see you!” Chaerin was all smiles when she hung up the phone and I have to be honest it kind of tick me off a little.

 

I mean here I am complaining and dreading how my last date which she set up together with her boyfriend was a disaster and here she is… so happy with her Kris Oppa. I seriously don’t want to deal with this right now, so I walk the halls of our college building with a pace that is much faster than what's necessary leaving Chaerin behind and I can hear her calling out for me, and then ---

 

“Minji-sshi…”

 

Someone. Suddenly a different voice, a man’s voice call out my name. The voice seems familiar and when I look back again, there he is.

 

Standing a few steps away from me holding out a bouquet of roses and a couple of balloons. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I need to hear him again.

 

“Minji-sshi.”

 

And there, he calls out my name again as if he just read my mind. He took a few steps closer to me and I could finally see his face clearly. He's intently looking at me with his small dark brown eyes. He was the guy from my dreaded date, but this, right now is a different atmosphere.

 

He clears his throat and started, “Minji-sshi… I know I was a douche bag on our first date, I didn’t mean it. I just wasn’t my self at the time,” he let out his tounge to wet his lips to keep it from being dry.

 

He’s closer to me now and I could smell him, his scent is of sweet and manly type, not too strong so I breathe deeply welcoming another whiff of his cologne.

 

“...It was only right after our date did I realize,” He bit his lower lip, he must be nervous.

 

I am looking straight in to his eyes and I don't know why but I do feel nervous too? My heart is beating faster and my hands are sweating. Oh no, they’re sweating!

 

“…that my mind can’t stop gravitating towards you, and so as my heart. I guess this is what they call love at first sight.” He smile awkwardly and not once did he ever try to look anywhere else but in my eyes.

 

Right now… did my heart just skip a beat? I couldn’t help it with what I've just heard. I gave him my most dearest and beautiful smile and I could only manage to tell him,

 

“It definitely is.”

 

--- End of Flashback ---

 

“So is he coming to get you?” Chaerin sipped a drink from her Caramel Macchiato.

 

I fix all my things anticipating for my man to come by anytime soon, “Yes, he’ll be fetching me.”

 

Chaerin gasp, sounding surprise and clap both of her hands, “Daebak! He’s right on cue, he magically shows up. Hi Jongin!” Waving her hands at him.

 

I look up just in time to see him giving a warm smile to Chaerin,

 

“Annyeong Chaerin-ah!”

 

Jongin walk past Chaerin's seat to stand next to me and kindly wait for me to get up from my seat.

 

“So, will you two lovebirds be leaving now?” Chaerin placed both of her hands on her tummy.

 

I got up from my seat and look at Jongin, I wink at him and we both turn to look at Chaerin and tell her in unison,

 

“Yes we are!”

 

After we bid our goodbye to Chaerin, Jongin and I went on our way. And as we are about to leave the coffee shop, he gently grab a hold of my hand and as our fingers intertwine he looks at me right in the eyes and tells me, without batting any eyelashes,

 

“I love you beautiful…”

 


~~~

Hello readers, my beloveds. You've just read the first chapter of 'Before then it's After' --- Forgive me if this isn't what you expected, this is my first time to write a 2nexo fanfic, let alone a KaiMinHun (Kai/Minzy/Sehun) one. I know Sehun isn't in this chapter yet but no worries... he'll soon make an appearance. Please let me know what you think/feel/reaction on the comment section and I'll surely take note of it. Thank you all! :D