to taste you.

Strays
Please log in to read the full chapter

If one asked Minseok how he felt about living with an alien, the first thing he would answer would be the lack of privacy. The response would most likely make it sound as if Luhan was actually invading his bedroom or personal space—but no, that was not true. Luhan acknowledged his personal space more than Minseok acknowledged his and it would be the brunette who would be found leaning closer to the other as if he was magnetized to him.

But Minseok’s privacy went as far as the physical space. His mind and thoughts were always looked through and he couldn’t bring himself to think about anything embarrassing while in his house—or a small distance ratio from it anyways.

It wasn’t just the ability Luhan possessed, it was also the frequent answers he gave to silent questions which traveled in his mind through the hours. He had to be always on the look-out about where his brain led whatever train of thoughts and it took way too much energy to keep embarrassing thoughts off it.

He was lucky that it was the only bad thing which came with Luhan’s stay.

Though, when he opened his eyes in the morning, that thought changed immediately. For when his eyes fluttered open as his brain slowly woke up, he found a pair of brown orbs staring at him with much concentration. The pure scene of the other leaning over him with unexplainable fascination made him let out a loud gasp and his breath to be caught in his throat. His eyes widened, his heart beating faster than ever and his brain’s first thought of the day was a long line of all the curses he knew.

“What the hell are you doing?” He almost shrieked, distancing himself from Luhan by moving towards the middle of the bed. Only then did Luhan straighten a little, but his eyes kept staring at him in interest.

“Your brain was working too much for the past hour or so.”

Minseok moved a little further away from him, scowling at him. “Past hour? What is wrong with you, you freak…” He muttered the last part but it was evident that Luhan had clearly heard it—he pouted slightly.

“How come it’s fair for you to stare at me but it’s wrong if I do that to you?” He said lowly, his pout passing through his words as he talked.

The elder only shook his head in disbelief. “Firstly, I am older, I can do whatever I want and you have to it up. Secondly, it’s my house and I can do whatever I want to.” Minseok’s eyes narrowed. “And besides, I was not staring at you for an hour!” He snapped but Luhan pouted more.

“This is unfair.”

“Deal with it!” Minseok hissed and Luhan’s pout became more evident, if it was even possible. Something in Minseok didn’t have the strength to remain angry at him anymore, seeing how cute he actually was, and maybe a little childish at that. And as much as Minseok’s pride was at stake, he would not voice it aloud how adorable Luhan was actually acting.

“You think I’m cute?” Luhan asked with a sudden shine in his eyes and Minseok’s mouth fell open. His cheeks turned a light shade of pink and, with a swift move, he grabbed his pillow and threw it at the blonde with as much force as he could. For a moment there, he was thankful that Luhan had not avoided it and made him feel a little bit better for hitting him straight in his face.

But Luhan was actually making him feel better, in a sense, since it was obvious he had meant to not move away from the flying threat. And that only annoyed Minseok more, his cheeks turning a stronger shade of pink due to being flustered.

“GET OUT!”

 

 

It was already more than three hours that Minseok and Luhan had been sitting on the couch in the living room with the former trying to persuade the other to get out of the apartment. As stubborn as Minseok was, it was only then that he noticed that, in fact, Luhan had just the same amount of stubbornness in him.

Fancy words like food and tasty snacks, clothes and whatnot did not even faze Luhan’s decision to stay away from the outside world and after the first hour, Minseok had honestly given up. Thus, they had ended staring blankly at the tv, a movie Minseok had once bought playing for a good while now.

But he wasn’t paying enough attention to the scenes switching on the screen to know what the whole movie was about. It was then that Minseok decided it would be wiser of him to finish some of his work instead staring into space and thinking of literally nothing—after all, whatever he thought, could be just as well heard from the blonde.

He stood up from the couch, placing the cushion he had been holding back in it’s place and he glanced at the blonde. However, he had not expected the other to stare at him, seeing how he had been absorbed in the movie for an hour already.

“Where are you going?”

Minseok huffed, rolling his eyes. “What? Didn’t you go through my thoughts again?” he stressed and Luhan’s eyes looked so innocent all of a sudden.

“No… You told me I shouldn’t.”

Minseok scowled at the other, not believing a word. As many times as he reminded him that his thoughts were his, he would always answer or often show a reaction to some of them. It was impossible that he had actually stopped digging in his mind. “I have some homework to do.” He voiced in the end, walking to his bedroom without waiting a response of any kind.

He headed for his desk, going through what he needed to finish and what still had a short deadline. It was needless to say that the past week his father had put so much work on him that he barely would have any free time during the weekend. He knew the elder man was disappointed in his attitude the past days but he couldn’t feel the slightest anxiety over the unfinished projects either. It was as if he had stopped caring whether something would be ready in time or not.

In any other occasion that would have scared him a little, thrown him in a pit of confusion. But at this moment, the only thing he truly wished was to learn more, learn more about Luhan and his life and everything that had to do with him. Because now, only Luhan was interesting to him. Because he was strange, he was unusual and most of all, he was a secret only Minseok knew about.

And Minseok could feel the slightest special for knowing everything other people could not even imagine of—or maybe they did but would never have the chance to witness like he does every day.

As much as he tried to concentrate in his homework, his mind didn’t seem to be able to put words into sentences correctly. His pen would write down letters one by one, his hand often unsure of what to write—after all, his mind wasn’t sure what he was supposed to write to begin with. It had never happened before, whatever the problem, Minseok could solve it immediately, be it a long ten page essay or a confusing mathematical equation.

In a sense, this made him cringe at himself.

He moved his pen over the white paper, forming words until he felt a presence close to him. Before he could react, he felt arms snacking around his shoulders. He jumped startled, his head moving to the side and finding Luhan’s big shiny eyes staring at him, a smile playing on his lips.

“Holy sh—“ Minseok muttered, his heart still beating in a fast rhythm from being scared. He glared at the blonde, trying to escape the tight grip. “Let me go, you idiot!” He whined but Luhan didn’t move at all.

The scent of yesterday slowly reached him as he moved and he felt himself stop in his struggling. The sweet aroma started to drown his senses and sudden relaxation came quickly after. His anger vanished just as that and as much as he disliked it, he wasn’t one to complain either.

“It’s unfair.” He muttered with a pout and Luhan grinned.

“You seemed too stressed.”

“Am not.” Minseok tried to pry the arms from around him, it was violating his bubble of personal space and it made him feel awkward. Though, when he didn’t feel the other letting go of him, he just gave up, knowing that it was useless. “Why so much contact..? Get off.”

“Don’t worry, I came to calm you down.” He replied softly and Minseok rolled his eyes.

“Is relaxing and fainting the same in your brain?”

“You haven’t fainted by now.” Luhan said matter of factly, a smile etching across his face. “You’re starting to get used to me.”

That was the last straw in Minseok’s mind. He grabbed the blonde’s hands, un-wrapping them and then turning in his chair to glare at him. “What is that supposed to mean?” He hissed angrily and Luhan only turned his back at him and walked to Minseok’s bed, making himself comfortable on it.  “Hey! Have some respect to elders!”

“As long as you look so young, I am not going to show any kind of respect towards you.” Luhan placed his hands under his head, his eyes averting to look at the white ceiling as he lied sprawled across Minseok’s neatly made bed.

“Oh, really?” Minseok challenged and he grabbed a book, heavy enough, and threw it at the other’s stomach, hearing a pained groan. “Respect me or I’ll kick you out of here.”

The younger only pouted, his hands rubbing the spot which more or less ached from the heavy book. “Why are you so mean to me?”

Minseok huffed once more. “You deserve it.”

“I will use my hypnosis on you and I will make you do stuff you have never imagined.” Luhan eyed him sharply, his threat as feather-like as possible to Minseok’s ears.

“Do so. See if I care.” Minseok shrugged and turned in his chair to resume his writing, even if there was a long black line he had accidently drawn when he was startled. Feeling his chair slide across the floor, his feet moved from the surface of the floor, his hands grabbing on the chair for dear life as he watched the wooden floor actually graze under him. The chair came to a stop a meter or so away from the desk, now closer to the blonde who sat up on the bed with a grin playing on his lips.

Minseok’s wide eyes only turned to look at him, his lips parted a little at the realization of what happened. But before he could make any sense of it or register it entirely, he felt his arm being tugged and in mere seconds, he was laying on the bed with Luhan staring at him from above. Minseok’s eyes were still pretty wide and the blonde only laughed at him.

“Wh-... Ho-…” Minseok grimaced, his words caught in his throat as he tried to run through everything.

“Are you scared?” Luhan asked amused the wide-eyed brunette who, more or less, looked a little paler than before.

“Wh- No!” Minseok exclaimed, moving slightly on the bed. “It was just… sudden…” He watched how Luhan kept grinning and it was clear as water that he was having the time of his life by the way Minseok had reacted. “Telekinesis.” He breathed the word and he felt his heart calming down slowly. Luhan only nodded, lying down next to Minseok, resuming his previous spot on it while Minseok’s brain sped faster.

“Yeah… very considerate of you… For, you know, warning me!” Minseok snapped at him and he heard the soft laugh again—he was truly enjoying it. “You’re a sadist, you know that?”

“Hey!” Luhan frowned, glancing at him. “You hit me with a book and you keep threatening me all the time.” Minseok shrugged, not really having an answer to that other than a faint ‘you deserve it’.

“Then you deserve just as much.” The grin which appeared on Luhan’s face was too wide and excited for Minseok’s liking. He only moved a little further from the alien, a grimace reaching his face.

“Don’t you dare!” He threatened and Luhan only grinned wider. Minseok noticed the other approaching and he only let a shriek when the blonde’s hands fell to his sides, tickling him effortlessly. Laugh erupted from Minseok’s chest, each chuckle becoming louder and louder and he was left with no breath shortly after. His lips hurt from smiling, his eyes closed and wet from tears as he tried to push away the hands which moved faster than ever.

“Lu…Haaaa… nnnn!” The name was cut in three screams and the addressed male grabbed the elder’s wrists, holding them down in place as he stared at the blushing elder. Minseok felt too wasted, some tears escaping his eyes and his chuckles dying out slowly. He didn’t even move from the grip, he just lay and stared up at the other’s sparkly amused eyes without looking away.

The silence which lingered over them was soothing, it was one that neither really wanted to break. They preferred to just stare at one another, catch their breaths and let their hearts beat calmer. And Minseok found himself studying the other’s face again. Luhan didn’t show that many emotions, they were mostly basic; amusement, excitement, surprise and something between sad and neutral. He had witnessed the slight hurt a couple times as well but that too, was too fast for Minseok’s mind to register.

And above all, as much as he had doubted Luhan only a couple minutes ago, he knew that he was not capable of hurting him. Minseok trusted him enough to know that the blonde would not hurt him and the only way the other had actually pained him was due to tickling.

Luhan was innocent, pure… He was more of an angel than an alien to Minseok’s eyes by now. He knew that putting up with a stubborn young man such as himself would require more than just that, but Luhan didn’t use anything on him.

He was there and Minseok trusted him. Of all the supernatural powers the younger may have had, he knew than none would be used against him because Luhan was not planning to hurt him.

“You’re right.” Luhan said softly, his voice almost audible to Minseok’s ears and the elder was not sure whether he was even meant to hear it seeing how it was so low.

Feeling his cheeks blush and himself flustering, he pulled his hands from the grips and eyed the other closely. “Will you stop your mind-reading, for God’s sake!?”

 

 

Minseok glanced at himself in the mirror, fixing his tie and letting it fall neatly over his light blue shirt. His fingers worked on the buttons one by one, letting only one from the top and the very bottom ed. He fixed his collar and then patted some patches of hair here and there to make them flawless.

He was dressed in his suit of very dark blue shade, the soft material wrapping his body nicely and making him look of higher status. He pulled his expensive watch around his wrist and locked it around it. A couple rings were placed on his fingers and he moved his hand to watch them shine under the light of his bedroom.

“Why can’t I come?” He heard from behind and Minseok’s eyes locked at the person who was sitting at the edge of his bed, his eyes staring back and face showing a light pout.

“Because you don’t have to be there in the first place.” Minseok replied matter of factly, turning to take a look at himself and then humming lowly.

“You’re handsome.” Luhan muttered and Minseok felt the awkwardness reach him once more. “Can I come now?”

The elder mentally shook his head at himself for reacting to the other’s words like that when the blonde was obviously trying to up on him. His big eyes looked at the other, his lips forming a line. “It’s a special dinner with me and Minah only. You don’t need to be there. No one needs to be there.” He stressed a couple words in his speech as he headed out of the bedroom in hopes to point out the facts, hearing Luhan follow him shortly behind.

“Please? I won’t bother you.”

“No. Stay home and sleep. Or watch a movie. Or something.” Minseok glanced at the puzzle hanging on the wall in the short corridor, the 500 pieces put together by Luhan the previous night. The two of them had glued it together and placed it in a spare frame Minseok found, eventually hanging it there next to his family photo. It was a nice image, it was of a lake in the middle of the forest during night time.

“You’re mean.”

“And you’re annoying.”

Minseok didn’t even pay attention when the other crossed his arms and pouted at him. But he mentally noted how since he had brought Luhan here, he had become pretty childish. Shaking the thought, he grabbed his thick jacket and stepped in his shoes as he tried to wear it. He looked up when he felt hands helping his arms through the sleeves, Luhan’s attentive eyes staring at the thick jacket. He watched as Luhan fixed the jacket on him, pulling the zipper up to his chest and then turning the collar into a barrier for the outside cold.

With a gentle smile, Luhan looked at him in the eyes. “Don’t get cold.” He petted the elder’s head and Minseok glared to him.

“I could have done that myself.” He muttered lowly, fixing his hair again and Luhan only opened the door for him.

“Go to your date, she’s waiting.”

As much as Mi

Please log in to read the full chapter