Explanation

Strays
Please log in to read the full chapter

I’ll try to make this as organized as I can. Hopefully it’ll fill in some holes still lingering (although I hope I’ve covered them in the story overall, I’m still putting this here in case you missed it ^^ Or I did a poor job in hinting them x3)

1. Minseok; the childish, careless, ignorant, you name it, side of the story.

Although old and very smart, Minseok lacked the basics a human has felt/done because of his strict background. His parents did not allow him anything other than studies and work at their family business. Thus, he’s pretty immature in the sense of feelings and the emotions he feels due to Luhan make him act before thinking. That’s why he persuaded Luhan into moving in with him as well.

While his life had been basic, Luhan being an alien and something unknown drew his interest to learn more about him and he became too blinded by that curiosity to be careful of what was happening. That’s also why he refused to buy a new phone when Luhan broke it and why he didn’t hesitate a lot when Luhan suggested they run away. Or when he refused to go anywhere else (university, home, father’s business, family’s dinner) where Luhan could not/would not follow along.

He is book smart but too inexperienced in a lot of situations of life.

 

2. Luhan’s warnings and requests.

Luhan was drawn to Minseok because he was the first human that looked at him as if he was a person instead of a trophy. And it began with him inviting him to his hiding spot which was that exactly; a hiding place where humans would not find him. Luhan also had acted pretty carelessly when he invited him over, acting on his emotions rather than logic. And even if he thought that the interest would die out when Minseok proved to be just another bad human who didn’t care much about him, he just found himself calling for him over and over again, each time hoping that Minseok would turn out bad and hurt him just so he would move on.

Though, Minseok didn’t do that and when he offered his place, Luhan hesitated but accepted in the end because, frankly, he was still curious about the only human who had actually introduced himself to him. However, Luhan also protected Minseok by clearing out his scent every night when he was asleep. He’d been always doing it until Minseok caught him in the act when he woke up in the motel.

When he noticed that his feelings started changing from pure curiosity to something more, he tried warning Minseok a couple times and he had even tested the other’s reaction when he said oxygen is toxic to him (which was true but he twisted the truth when Minseok over-reacted). He mainly played along, trying to make the best out of their moments when at the same time he tried to keep both of them safe and out of unwanted eyes.

 

3. The questioning, bad-written ending

The ending has two parts; The one who left and The one who was left.

It’s obvious from the titles which is for who, although it still gives off a disappointment that they parted ways (yes, I said I was attached to this story before, didn’t I? xD I wanted them to live happily ever after just like you did, problem is that those don’t exactly ex

Please log in to read the full chapter