to touch you.

Strays
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next day Minseok was barely awake. With all the events of the previous day, he couldn’t sleep more than a couple hours and that, along the early awakening, made him feel as if he was just beaten to a pulp. With a steaming extra bitter coffee in hand, he walked through the University’s entrance, eyes barely open for him to guide himself into his classes.

Every time he made a bee-line among the student body, he caught the attention of so many students, most of them just wondering what was wrong with him—whether it was due to the previous day’s weird incident or because he looked like he was in a daze. To be honest, Minseok wasn’t sure what was happening either. His simple and quiet life had suddenly turned into one full of unexplainable happenings and weird situations; he didn’t even know when it would stop.

Ever since the accident just over a week ago, his life had taken a rapid turn, forgetting him in the doom of the drift, and Minseok was now alone, picking up each piece and trying to connect it with another. He didn’t even know what he could do other than just that. He couldn’t talk to someone; they would think of him as insane. He couldn’t ignore the whole situation either; it was mixing with his life way too much already.

He could only go along with or against it. And a part of him didn’t want to do the latter, or maybe couldn’t in the first place. Because that same part etched for the sound of the blonde’s voice as if it was some kind of oasis he had a glimpse of after walking through desserts for years.

The idea both excited and terrified him but he couldn’t pull himself away from the weird stranger either.

Alien? Abilities? Mind reading?

Who would listen to Minseok anyways, if he said something like that? He would be probably locked in a mental hospital away from any more inmates just in case he tried to persuade them into what he had “seen”. But it also felt too real for him at the same time.

Luhan; a foreign name belonging to a handsome young man, claiming himself an alien and possessing supernatural abilities like self-healing and mind-reading.

Who would believe Minseok if he said he had met someone like that?

“…Kim Minseok?”

The name brought him back into reality, his body jerking from being startled and his big eyes widening as he looked up from his notebook. There, his teacher was staring at him expectedly and the rest students turned to look at him in question and curiosity. Feeling lost, he straightened his posture, gulping audibly and staring at the elder man in all seriousness.

“Excuse me, sir?” He asked politely and the man sighed shortly after.

“Someone else?” He said instead, looking about the classroom in evident disappointment. Then, he guessed that the man had asked him some lecture related question which he more or less had not heard whatsoever.

A sigh escaped his lips, his eyes traveling back at his notebook, a frown casting on his face. There were letters scribbled which he couldn’t remember having put down; after all, he had been daydreaming, again. The words were a perfect copy of the same font Luhan had written on his short letter and that alone freaked Minseok out a bit.

The pen was in his hand yet the words had somehow written themselves on the pure white page he had opened but was too absent-minded to copy notes in. And he doubted he had somehow written it himself. And maybe, even if he had, he couldn’t really copy the blonde’s letters so perfectly.

What if..?

His head turned around slowly, his eyes inspecting his surroundings. This could be just a coincidental prank as well. But no student was giving him a glance and Minseok couldn’t find the blonde anywhere either.

Throwing the pen on the desk and burring his face in his prepped arms, he mentally groaned at himself. Nothing of this made sense to him. Had he gone so insane that he had started tricking his own self now?

No, he wouldn’t do that.

“You’re not that insane, don’t worry.”

The words flew in his mind but he stayed put. The sound of them didn’t move him like the voice he had heard before. This time, the sound of them was a mere fade of the true angelic one that had said it and Minseok swore that this time, it was not his brain talking to him. It was, however, a reminder of Luhan’s words from the previous night.

Was he really not that insane? Because he felt like it was time for him to confess his insanity to a local mental hospital. Give his ill brain into hands that might be able to fix it back to it’s former shape.

He opened his eyes and looked at the words.

Wait for me.

Minseok let out a sigh at himself, closing his eyes with a frown.

Where?

 

 

Those three words were the reason Minseok had been standing in front of his University’s entrance, snuggling into his thick jacket as he protected himself from the late Autumn cold. The street lights had switched on a long while ago and it had been already at least five hours that he had been standing there. The first hour felt as if it was actually a century. But after it passed, the rest of the hours felt to go by quicker and after two coffees to stay awake from the café opposite the road, Minseok had started to feel that all this was a terrible idea.

He looked at the sky, clouds already covering most of it as he sighed once more, his breath coming out in a form of white mist. He didn’t know what to do but he knew that he shouldn’t be doing this. He had work back at home, he had papers to fill and essays to finish. He had projects to complete and a couple calls to do.

Yet, he was wasting his time with what seemed to be pure nonsense. Maybe a part of him had known it would be futile from the moment this idea popped in his mind.

Groaning to himself, a hand raising to mess his perfect hairstyle from one side, frustration pouring out of every pore in his body. He was crazy of thinking these kinds of stuff; he was really, truly insane.

Turning to the direction of the parking lot his car was in, he stopped mid-way. A tall figure was standing a couple meters away from him and for some reason, a sudden excitement crept from the bottom of his guts. A weird feeling, but a nice feeling nonetheless.

By now, one would think that Minseok would be able to make out the other’s figure as easily as that. But after so many hours of standing there and waiting, he wasn’t even sure if his eyes weren’t playing a trick on him. He stood in place, the hood all so familiar to him; it seemed that the other never took off the dark green hoodie whenever he saw him.

Right… He’s poor.

A gasp escaped Minseok’ lips, mentally kicking himself. He can read minds. The brunette eyed the blonde closely. Or… really, can he..? The doubt was still there but for the most part, Minseok had stopped fighting this insanity altogether; he was already too tired of doing it.

“Luhan..?”

The other started approaching him and the brunette waited rooted in place before he was close enough for him to start releasing all his anger. But, Luhan cut him off even before he could put his irritation into words.

“Let’s go somewhere out of public.”

Minseok faked a smile, passing the taller and guiding him to his car. However, what he had wanted to say to the other became loud thoughts, hoping that if the other could read minds, he would also read every single curse Minseok had to offer him. It wasn’t till they reached Minseok’s car that Luhan groaned painfully.

“Alright, alright! Sorry for being late. Just… stop thinking so loudly!” He whined in defeat and Minseok smiled a satisfied grin.

“At least now I know that you can actually read minds.” The brunette replied and he watched the other sit in his car. As soon as the other was out of his sight, a grimace reached his face. He wasn’t sure how to feel now that he had made sure that the other had some ability of telepathy. Sure it sounded cool to him, the idea of such a superpower would have been very helpful to him in his business, anyways. But he couldn’t but feel a bit freaked out by all this.

If he can read minds, what else is he capable of?

“If you’re so curious, I can show you. But first, let’s get out of here.” Luhan’s soft voice echoed, an almost teasing tone traveling to Minseok and making him grimace once more.

“I wasn’t curious.” He huffed stubbornly, sitting in the car and shutting the door. He glanced at the other just in time to see the other roll his eyes.

 

 

The address Luhan suggested was in a neighborhood that Minseok had never visited before in his whole life. Reason was that he wouldn’t have a reason to actually go there; the buildings were old, worn out and abandoned. Shops were long ago closed and emptied and through the big windows only dust and dirt could be seen. The street lights were dimmer in this part of the city as well and as Minseok drove slower than usual, he felt as if he was a protagonist in a thriller movie.

Maybe he was. And maybe Luhan was the demon who acted as a friend until he fully trusted him and then, he would be dead before he knew it.

A laugh echoed in the silent car, not even the radio on since it kind of freaked Minseok out after a while in these streets. The brunette shot a glare at the other, Luhan not hiding the amused stare he shot back; let alone the wide grin and chuckles. Minseok could bet that he was beyond amusing to him.

I should be laughing at a so called alien…

Luhan’s laugher stopped and he glanced at him a bit hurt—but Minseok didn’t care about it. Instead, he asked again about the way to the address.

“There.” Luhan pointed ahead and Minseok drove to said direction, parking the car right at the side of the road.

The two of them stepped out and taking a glance around the place, Minseok rushed, or maybe walked quickly, to Luhan’s side. It felt like any time now, something evil would appear to fight them off.

“Are you scared?”

The amusement in the blonde’s voice only made Minseok eager to just roll his eyes. “Of course not.” He huffed, looking at the other. “Besides, what’s you and creepy places anyways?”

“Call it a plain interest.” Luhan shrugged, leaving Minseok in an attempt to process the response he got. However, he didn’t give any more time f

Please log in to read the full chapter