Out and About

흰 고양이 (White Cat)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two boys wandered through the carnival in search of Hoon and Eli. Kevin couldn’t and wouldn’t hide his excitement. This is one of the first places he had ever been out in public and without Shin! Kiseop kept looking down at the enthusiastic boy, snapping his head side to side as the crowds of people passed him.

“So when we meet my friends try to act, normal,” Kiseop said.

Kevin’s smile turned into a pout, almost offended at the rude comment, “I am normal.”

“Ha, okay,” Kiseop teased sarcastically.

The cat glared at the dark haired man, he then continued to punch him in the arm. Kiseop laughed at the act of aggression but didn’t do anything towards him.  After a couple more minutes the faces of his friends appear in the crowd. Raising an excited hand Kiseop greeted them.

Anxiety rushed through Kevin as the new people approached, He hadn’t really met anyone new in a while, well besides Kiseop.  But Kiseop was different, Kevin trusted him, these people were so unknown. The catt clung to the arm of his house mate and braced himself.

“What are you doing?” Kiseop mumbled under his breath.

“I’m nervous, shut up.”

“They’re gonna think we’re a couple, get off,” The man shook his arm in attempt to detach Kevin but it was no use. He wasn’t moving. Kiseop just rolled his eyes and shrugged as Eli came up and attempted to hug him, “Hey!”

Eli awkwardly tried but wasn’t successful with the person latched onto his side. Kevin just intently stares from behind his owner at the new person. His hand firmly around Kiseop's bicep. Eli looked around Kiseop at the feline and gave a faint smile, Kevin did the same trying to seem normal.

“Kevin, right?” Eli questioned.

“Yeah,” Kevin said awkwardly looking up at Kiseop. The man nodded, his head down towards the boy as if giving him encouragement to talk. “And you’re Eli,” the Kitten said perking up.

“Yeah and this is Hoon” Eli said motioning to the man standing beside him.

When Kevin’s eyes locked on Hoon, his stomach turned. Another Anima, He could feel it. Hoon’s eyes widened with Kevin’s, both in realization of the other. Quick to cover up the awkward encounter Hoon extended his hand out, “Hey, Kevin.”

The cat just stared down at the hand for a moment. He hadn’t really met other Anima before now. Well a couple but that was Shin’s friends and their owners. Never another stray.

“Hi.”

Kiseop noticed the tension between the two but couldn’t understand what is was. Since they had never met before.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter