005

Unexpected

 

Ha Young knelt down in front of him and began wiping his tears away with her thumb. Nam Soon had already leant against the concrete of the bridge. He held Ha Young's hand which was wiping his tears shiverly then stared into her doe eyes with aarrow-10x10.png little mount of tears still rolling down his cheeks. "Are you really is Ha Young?"

 

Ha Young pulled her hand from Nam Soon's grip and shifted her gaze from him then stared at her lap. She noded instantly with her hair covering her face. She could not face Nam Soon because of her sudden confession. She had kept the secret for years and she promised her late-sister to pretend as Ha Gyeong. Her sister had not approved of her telling Nam Soon about it now, but she cannot stand of him being that way, so she decided to tell him the truth.

 

"Then kiss me."

 

Nam Soon had to confirmarrow-10x10.png his feelings - if it was Ha Young or Ha Gyeong - so he blurted out the words. He was hesitated to make the first move, so he asked her to kiss him. This mixed feelings were confusing and making the first move was aarrow-10x10.png bad thing to him.

 

She knew what he wanted. Ha Young was awared of Nam Soon's mixed feelings. She reached for Nam Soon's sharp jaw and pulled his face near hers then smashed their lips together. Both of them closed their eyes to savour the feeling. Ha Young's heart was beating fast the moment her lips met his and she didn't want the kiss to last.

 

While Ha Young's heart beating fast, Nam Soon's showed no effection. He just felt this weird feeling of being guilty to her that he then realized he fell for the other twin. After a few seconds they pulled away instantly. The kiss was short and simple, but still sweet. 

 

Nam Soon eyed Ha Young as she distanced. She was hesitated, but she still held her head to face him shamely. She bit her bottom lip and played the hem of her shirt. Nam Soon then opened his mouth to speak as he realized that Ha Young was expecting his answer.

 

"Nothing." Nam Soon spoke guiltily and Ha Young's gaze was back to her lap.

 

Nothing? Did he really feel that? Ha Young knew the chance of Nam Soon having feelings for her was impossible by the way he treated Ha Gyeong when she pretended as her twin sister, but she still plant some hopes that maybe he could have feelings for her. He liked her sister more, but her identical twin sister did not realize it and chose to end her life without thinking. 

 

"I can't think of anything. I'm clueless plus dumbfounded." Nam Soon added hanging his head low. He rested his back against the concrete bridge then closed his eyes.

 

"It's because you like my sister, Ha Gyeong." Ha Young spoke calmly and stared at him softly. She had practiced to let go of people and kept her expectation low. She moved towards the raven haired boy slowly and cupped his jaw to fix his gaze on her.

 

"You know what, you like her, but you never know about it. Ha Gyeong never tell me that she likes you, but I knew she does, Nam Soon."

 

"H-how? When?" Tears were starting to roll down his cheeks as he held both her arms.

 

"I got half of your powers. Remember that time when you told me that you wish you didn't have powers? At the time, I held your hands and your powers automatically move towards me. And Ha Gyeong came to meet me last night. She told me it was time for me to reveal who I really am to you." 

 

The day was gettingarrow-10x10.png dark and birds were fluttering their wings on their way back. They chirped as aarrow-10x10.png signalarrow-10x10.png of the day had ended. Ha Young then stood on her feet as she found her breathing was difficult when she and Nam Soon sharedarrow-10x10.png the same air. She left the latter dumbfounded and picked up her backpack then walked away from the bridge.

 

She cursed beneath her breath as she just tranfered Nam Soon's powers back to him. It was aarrow-10x10.png relief that she had done her obligations for her sister. She cannot imagine what might come soon. At the moment she was everything, she was eager that she had helped her sister, but upset for Nam Soon.

 

Nam Soon cannot even absorb Ha Young's words just now. He sat still , but tears still emergearrow-10x10.png at his eyes even he did not know what his feeling was. He placed aarrow-10x10.png hand on his chest lightly to confirmarrow-10x10.png if his heart beat for the older twin or the younger.

 

-----

 

 Nam Soon sat on his bedarrow-10x10.png motionlessly. He brought his knees to his head and buried his face into them. He just realized that he did not have any feelings to Ha Young when the sight of him asking the latter to kiss him as he was to confirmarrow-10x10.png his feelings but to no avail, but Ha Gyeong.

 

The name. He pronounced the name clearly and his heart was beating as if the said girl was there. If he was to wish that Ha Gyeong was there to confirm his feelings with her, but no. Enough with playing with the twins heart..

 

He rocked his body back and forth because he thought that way would make him fell asleep. He did not mean to hurt the twins, but it looked like he had played with both the angels' hearts. Both the angels are lovely and all, but he chose to play with them. He blamed himself for Ha Gyeong's death, but it was just useless. He could apologize to the girl's other twin, but it would not change anything. Apologizing about her sister's death just made him felt guilty hence he even could not bring the girl back. 

 

The tears streaming down his cheek as he laid his head on a pillow began to dry and his eyes were heavy to keep them open despite the continuing guiltness overtook him. His head was so heavy to deny his feelings for the older twin. If he was to deny the feelings, what were the tears bursting out for?

 

Nam Soon...

 

Nam Soon heard that clearly. It was a girl's voice. It was so clear that he can clarify whose voice was that.It sounded like Ha Young's. No. If it was Ha Young's, then how he could heard it a bit ghastly? Or maybe it was not Ha Young, it was Ha Gyeong's.

 

Nam Soon...

 

There the voice came again. He rose from his sleeping position and turned around the room to find after the source of the voice, but there was no one in there. He recalled if he ever let anyone in or his parents were home, but none was correct.

 

Nam Soon...

 

Again the voice called for him. He cannot see any visible figure in his room, but he heard the voice. He took a cautious step by befriending the ghastly voice first.

 

"Hello? Ha Gyeong?"

 

The invisible figure curved intoo a sweet smile as she heard her name was spoken by her loved ones. She can see how the boy reacted in stagger to her calls. She chose to sit in front of him and made a little contact by placing her invisible hand on his.

 

I'm here...

 

Nam Soon felt like an icy hand was placed on his hand and he heard the voice. He himself wiped away the tears and tried to curl into a smile. He felt like a dumb because he had forgotten that they can meet directly, but the dead girl also had taken like a whole year to get to him. He tried to hold the tears of happiness, but failed. He tried and tried, but the tears were meant to be broken. 

 

"Why do you take so long to get to me?" Nam Soon asked hoarsely as he recovered from his tears.

 

I'm sorry... I thought I'm not worth for you...

 

Hearing those words stabbed him at the back. He felt guilty all of the sudden. He tilted his head down to his hand which was squeezed by the invisible figure. "No. I'm sorry. Ha Young told me what had happened. I'm really sorry, Ha Gyeong.." 

 

Tears of shame and guiltness were back. His vision was blurry but he did not bother about it at all. He just want to sit like that for another hour. He want to gain his knowledge about this older twin. He loved the girl.

 

No.. It's not your fault... 

 

Nam Soon looked at his front as he imagined it was the older twin he was talking to in shame and guilt. He looked at the invisible girl lovingly eventhough he could not see her. "I-I l-lo-ve you. I love you, Song Ha Gyeong."

 

The invisible spirit smiled triumphantly. She nodded. Her weak bruised body began to float. She held his hand tight then she led her body float higher to Nam Soon's face. She placed a kiss on the boy's lips lovingly then flew away.

 

Nam Soon soon realized what was happening then he felt his lips were cold. He had realized what was that for and tried to kiss back. He closed his eyes to savour the feel, but then the invisible girl broke the kiss.

 

Thank you, Nam Soon... My soul have calm.. Thank you for confessing... I love you too..

 

Those words made his whole room flew. All his things flew around in a tornado then fell as if there was nothing before it. Nam Soon sat there while watching the sun rising for the other day. He sat and thought. 

 

"Thank you for giving me a chance to confess my love to you. I love you, Song Ha Gyeong."

 

He shed the last tears he considered it was then slapped himself to smile for the new day. He rose from the bed to go find anything that can cover up the extreme dark eyebags and went straight to the washroom.

 

Maybe love was not bad enough. He just realized that he loved the wrong person and the actual person had left him for good. He wondered how his life would go on after this. He had to move on. He can't depend on what he thought will less forever.

 

----

Thank you! This is the last chapter o v o