003

Unexpected

 

Nam Soon had been shutting himself out from the world for a whole week. He had been crying over his sleep and his eyes were all swollen, but he didn't even bother about it. He also didn't know what have had gotten onto him. The shadow of the talkings made him shuddered. He still remember the talkings of his ghost buddy told him - 'she wanders around a lot in depression'  - kept knocking on his head. Is it Ha Young? Or Ha Gyeong?

 

His mind was a mess. His eyes kept stinking when the mention of Ha Gyeong's name stuck in his mind. He wanted an answer, but where did he can find the answer? Who would be willing to tell him the truth? He might be dying to know the truth if he can. He wanted to live in peace, but no one was willing to help him.

 

The knock on the bathroom door distracted his thoughts. Who probably would it be? His parents? Certainly a NO.

 

They never cared about him.

 

They never cared about how he was doing with his study, his life or so on, but only cared about their works. They gave him money for his spending and didn't care if he went clubbing, drank alchohol, smoked or spent the money for something he shouldn't. He was under age though, so like most parents, his parents needed to keep their eyes on him all the time, but they didn't because they were TOO BUSY to care for him.

 

The door kept on knocking and followed with a soft calm voice. "Nam Soon, came out of the bathroom right now. We need to talk."

 

Oh. It was his mother. He thought that she had ignored him completely. Her voice made him realised that he was sitting in the bathroom all the time that his fingers were going numb and his skin was shrinking due to the water dripping on his body. He stood from his sitting spot and turned off the shower tap. He sat behind the door and uttered, "just say it here. I'm hearing."

 

Nam Soon heard his mother sighed, probably being fed up with his attitude. He actually didn't want to annoy her, but his mind was a mess and his face? Maybe eyebags and dark circles formed around his eyes and his lips' color turned into a dull color that he didn't want his mother to worry about. Another reason he didn't want to face her was because he was used to his parents' absence and at the moment, he didn't feel like having a company or talk. He just wanted to be left alone like he used to be. He felt the burden at the door as he thought that his mother was leaning against it. "Nam Soon, you know that father and I are busy persons? Your homeroom teacher called me. Why didn't you show up to school for the whole week? Do you have problems with studies?"

 

Oh. He thought that his mother was too busy to talk to him and asking how his performings were. He rolled his eyes then ran a hand through his damp hair.

 

"Nam Soon? Are you hearing?"

 

"Yes, I'm hearing." He replied with an irritated voice. He didn't feel like talking about the topic that his mother was about to start.

 

"Could you tell me what problems are you having?"

 

Nam Soon slightly closed his eyes then buried his face in his knees. "No." He bit his bottom lip and gave her a simple answer.

 

With the simple answer, he thought that his mother would give up on asking and left him alone, but he was wrong. He then felt soft knocks at the door and the burden lightened. "You know that we love you, Nam Soon. Could you tell me what's wrong?"

 

Nam Soon tilted his head up then sighed. 'We love you'? What did she mean by that? Since they were always busy, he never felt of being loved and cared. He only thought that he was alone. Since he was born with powers and everyone around him knew about them except his parents, no one wanted to approach him. They thought he was a monster. But did his parents care? Certainly NO. He was left in the corner by the kids of his age in kindergarten. Being bullied and teased made him wished that he was an ordinary child. And being beatened up because they thought he was crazy for being able able to hear and see supernatural things and taken to the principal was normal things for him in the primary school. And maybe his parents had fed up of being called to the principal, so they transfered him into different schools if he still get into troubles. That was how they settled his problems. They never talk to him. And when he was about to talk with them about his powers, they claimed that they were practically busy.

 

He had always wished that his powers were gone, but it didn't seemed to happen until lately, some of his powers slowly faded and he seemed to regret it since his wish had come true. He was about to slightly enjoy his life with the powers he was born with, but they slightly faded. What had happened to his powers? Did they really fade away?

 

"Thank you for asking, but no. I don't want to talk about this right now, please leave." Nam Soon stood from his seat and grabbed a bathrobe from the hanger and wrapped around his body. He could heard his mother whimpered, but none of him had the urge to calm her down. He stood there for awhile until he heard the door of his room clicked and the thought of his mother had left his room. 

-----

Author's Note :

sorry for the late update! I've been writing this chapter for months, but didn't have a chance to post it until now. Hope you love it :)