004

Unexpected

 

He stomped through the hallway slightly then stopped every minute. No one would care for his actions though. His mind was still a mess and he didn't feel like going to school, but now here he was, at the school.

 

After the talkings he and his mother had, he thought that his parents would stay to talk to him again in the morning, but his hope was vain. They had already left before breakfast and even didn't leave him any note that he expected for. He hated to admit, but he still had hopes for his parents. He could still open his heart for them. But they crashed his hopes. They made him fell in vain.

 

Nam Soon entered the back door of his class soundlessly, so the others won't realised his presence. He sat at his place peacefully and place his bag beside him. Ignoring all his classmates reactions, which happened to be whispering and gossips about his attendance, he rested his head on a hand and looked outside the window. The sun had arose beautifully and he smiled at the serenity he was having. He could never have a serenity like this. He wished that that moment would last forever, but it was a vain when there was a knock sound at his table.

 

"What do you want?" He turned to the knock with an annoyed face. He was aware of whom he was talking to. No doubt. It was her, the vice President.

 

Ha Gyeong raised a brow and displayed a judging look. She had her hands crossed at her chest. "Excuse me? A week of your absence, I had to do all the works and you owed me a 'thank you' for all the difficulties."

 

"Whatever." He rolledd his eyes then turned back into his earlier position. He closed her eyes to savour the serenity he was having, but the sudden breeze which blew strangely past him made him widened his eyes. The chimes in the classroom rang non-stop and all his classmates were motioless when he slightly opened his eyes. No. What now?

 

Nam Soon...

 

Huh? Whose voice was that? A girly voice. He looked at his surroundings and found Ha Gyeong was still at her spot.

 

I have something to tell you. Meet me at the bridge ...

 

Oh. It was Ha Gyeong's. He managed to hear the ghostly words, but the sentence was still hanging. He stared at her. She was bitting her lips.

 

"...after school." Huh? He heard the words clearly. He was still dumbfounded even after Ha Gyeong had gone back to her seat. He blinked his swollen innocent eyes. His eyes was hurting a bit due to the crying he had had along the nights. He was tired.He needed a rest, so he told himself to take a nap when he understood what was Ha Gyeong trying to do and his surroundings had gone as usual.

-----

School had ended and he had so much delayed homeworks to do for the rest of his absence. And he kept daydreaming in class until he forgot his position as a president, but none of his wrongdoings were pointed by Ha Gyeong. What was wrong with Ha Gyeong? After their conversation in the morning, she had been shutting herself from him which prompted him to stomped for the bridge. But how did she know about the bridge?

 

He wandered there for awhile while savouring the cool breeze hitting his face. He smiled at the beautiful scenery above him. He wished that she could be there with him savouring this marvellous scenery of sunset. 

 

'She'? Who is she? Nam Soon shook his head to release himself from the tangles of thoughts. It was whether Ha Young or Ha Gyeong. He was confused.

 

Trap. Trap. Trap.

 

He heard a pair of shoes rubbing with the tar miles away coming towards him. He turned around, but he saw nothing coming through. He then leaned against the threadbare bridge as he waited.

 

About 10 minutes later. The sound of footsteps became louder and the image of shoes became visible. A care free Ha Gyeong was walking towards him, but then Nam Soon realized that her face was dull and upset.

 

"Emm.. Have waited long?" Ha Gyeong greeted while bitting her lips. She had ran out of words to greet him, but Nam Soon didn't bother to turn to her. He closed her eyes as he savoured the evening breeze, then he gestured Ha Gyeong to come towards him.

 

As Ha Gyeong found herself next to him, he turned to look for an answer of why he was asked to be there. Both of them stared at each other as if they were having a staring contest and Ha Gyeong won the contest with Nam Soon shifting his gaze from her round doe eyes to her nose, her pale skin through the ray of sun then to her plump pink lips. He didn't realize that Ha Gyeong was approaching him - closing the gap between them - and smashing her lips to his. Her hands were holding to his shoulders to support her reaching the lips. 

 

Nam Soon was startled by the sudden move that he widened his eyes and his body was unable to make move. For about 5 seconds later, Ha Gyeong pulled away from the kiss then stared at her shoes ashamedly. Nam Soon was speechless. He opened his mouth as he had something to say, but no words came out of it, so keep opening and closing it hesitantly. Ha Gyeong, still didn't bother to look at him, stayed in the position motionlessly.

 

Then courage suddenly hit inside Ha Gyeong and she raised her head to face the latter, blurting out words that seemed like forever for Nam Soon to absorb it.

 

"Let's get back, Nam Soon." Soft and calm, no stuttering - Nam Soon detected, but it was hard for him to absorb what was the meaning of it.

 

When he found out what Ha Gyeong was about to tell her, he blurt a 'no' at her. She sighed, but still didn't give up. 

 

"Nam Soon, I'm Ha Young."

 

"No. Ha Young had already died. What did you suppose me to believe you?"

 

Ha Gyeong sighed then she came out an idea. She bent over to her knee and rolled the sock of her left leg down. She pointed at the brightly shown scar as she show it to Nam Soon. "Remember the scar that you gave while we're riding your motorcycle? It's still here."

 

How can he didn't remember the scar. He was the one who gave it to Ha Young, but that meant that she was alive and Ha Gyeong was dead? His body shivered and began to lost balance then he landed on his . He cannot think straight. He was helding the tears again, but he was not that strong to hold the tears, so the tears rolled down his cheeks. He wondered why he was acting like that, but his mind was a mess and he can't think of a thing at the moment. 

 

---

Last chapter would be updated later!