002

Unexpected

Nam Soon put a cup of latte for him and a cup of americano for his 'supernatural' friend. Nam Soon produced a tiny squeak as he moved the chair for him to sit. He then rested his chin on a hand and looked through the window. Dried leaves were falling from the trees, soon winter was going to greet the town. Ah, it's gonna be winter soon...

 

"So, what's your name, dude?" Nam Soon shifted his look from the window to the empty chair beside him.

 

I... Don't know... I don't remember anything about myself...

 

Nam Soon nodded frequently as he heard his friend's statement. "Yeah. People won't remember anything after they had just died. You'll remember anything. So, how did you die? Murdered? Suicided?" He sipped his latte after bombing the ghost with questions.

 

I'm kind of not remembering, but it was between murder and suicide...

 

Nam Soon tapped the table with his fingers - the habit of him while thinking. He though for a minute then asked, "Betrayed?" - not aware of a pair of eyes eyeing over him chatting with a ghost.

 

Maybe...

 

Nam Soon curled a smile at his lips as it reminded him of Ha Young - betrayed? But why?  But then, the slam of books shocked him from the conversation. The owner of the books then sat opposite him and uttered, "Hey."

 

"Ha Gyeong? What you're doing here?" Nam Soon gave her a questioning look.

 

Ha Gyeong pulled out her notebook and a pencil then answered, "I just drop by here, but then I bumped onto you, so we had works to do. But... Are you waiting for someone?" She pointed to the americano that Nam Soon bought for the ghost.

 

Ha Gyeong knew that Nam Soon bought the americano for the ghost, but being cautious she was, she pretended to not knowing. She browsed into her textbooks, in meantime, her hands shivered from the breeze kept blowing.

 

Give her this drink...

 

Both Nam Soon and Ha Gyeong heard the voice. Ha Gyeong closed her eyes for a second then continued her reading. She pretended to not hearing the voice and asked once again, "You didn't answer my question yet - are you waiting for someone?"

 

Nam Soon's eyes widened as he uttered a 'huh?'. His adam's apple wriggled upward and downward - showing he was swallowing his saliva hardly before answering Ha Gyeong's question. "I just accidentally bought two. Have some." He took the americano then placed it in front of her.

 

Before he could place the cup, Ha Gyeong held her hand in front of Nam Soon to hinder the cup. "Sorry, but I didn't drink coffee."

 

"O-okay then." Nam Soon placed the cup back awkwardly at its actually place.

 

Should I tell him?

 

Nam Soon turned to Ha Gyeong as he heard the voice coming from her. He realized the frown of worried on her face then brushed her hand with his thumb. "Hey, what's coming up on your mind? You don't look good."

 

Ha Gyeong's eyes widened as she felt the touch and quickly pulled her hand away. She then sensed the guilt from Nam Soon's expression and uttered a sorry for her action. "Sorry. What was it again?"

 

Nam Soon brushed away his guilty and pouted. "If you had anything to say, just spit it out."

 

"Huh?" Ha Gyeong pretended even though she knew that Nam Soon had read her thoughts. She tried to calm herself, but failed as she eyed him resting his head on a hand lazily. She blinked her eyes to observe Nam Soon, but his expression was just... priceless. Ha Gyeong kept blinking when a familiar finger poked her forehead - distracting her.

 

"Yah, yah. It's too obvious. Your face just said it that you had something to tell." 2 inches. The distance between their faces as Nam Soon leaned in to poke her. He kept poking her forehead until she shifted her look from him. Ha Gyeong's cheeks burned into red as she covered the sore on her forehead. Nam Soon, who realized the distance and blush on Ha Gyeong's cheeks, also shifted his look and flushed into red.

 

"So, what's it?" Nam Soon tried to break the silence with a question.

 

Ha Gyeong shifted her look back to Nam Soon - still in red. "Umm... I'll tell you when I'm ready." She stacked her books and packed them into her backpack then slung it to her shoulder and mentioned that she had to go home.

 

You're letting her go?

 

Nam Soon turned to his right where his supernatural friend was. He saw that Ha Gyeong was still hesitating, but had gone from his eyesights. Guilties invaded over him, but he can't do anything since she was gone from his sight.

 

"What do you think, buddy?"

 

I see that you like that girl... Is she your girl...?

 

Nam Soon was suprised by the question asked, but still answering it. "Huh? No... Mine is now in heaven. She's Ha Gyeong's twin." His face dropped and his eyes began to sting.

 

I'm sorry to hurt you...

 

Nam Soon raised his head and curved a smile. "It's okay."

 

Hey, but I've kind of heard the name before. What's the name again?

 

Nam Soon was startled by what he heard. "You mean Ha Gyeong? Song Ha Gyeong? Where have you heard?"

 

Ah.. Right. Song Ha Gyeong... I've heard it among the ghosts...

 

"What do you mean you've heard the name among the ghosts? Have you ever heard of the name Song Ha Young? Maybe you've misheard the name." Nam Soon asked again - disbelieved in what his buddy had said.

 

No... I've never heard of Ha Young... And I'm very sure it was Ha Gyeong....

 

Nam Soon stood from his seat - gaining the other customers' attention. Beads of sweats dripping down his face. His eyes stung and tears began to drop down his cheeks.

 

Hey... Are you okay...?

 

Tears burst down Nam Soon and he began to whimper Ha Young's name. "Are you sure it was Ha Gyeong?"

 

I'm pretty sure... I have a good memory... They said that she wanders around a lot and she's in depression.

 

"I-I... I don't know what to do... I-I... I-I'm going home." With the statement, Nam Soon shed his tears and slung his bag then exited the cafe.

 

His mood was spoiled.

 

His mind was a mess.

 

He didn't know why he even cried.

 

He should at least be happy that Ha Young was still alive, but he cried?

 

He need a reason for that.