Complicated

Mistake [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri

"WHAT?!"

Tiffany's loud voice sounded throughout the restaurant, and everyone stopped to stare at her. Yuri slouched in her seat, hiding her head in her napkin. Can she get any more embarrassed than this?

"What do you mean you want Jiyoung to stay with Yoona?" Tiffany hollered, obviously not caring about the glares from other people.

"I already told you why. She's been through almost all of Jiyoung's childhood, and I hardly know her!"

"I also remember you telling me that Jiyoung liked Mickey Mouse, just like you." Tiffany raised an eyebrow in disbelief. "How is that not knowing your own child? I did NOT go through all this trouble to find your child for nothing. You are absolutely NOT backing out."

"Are you also telling me that you don't want your child back? Yah, Kwon Yuri! What the heck are you doing?"

Yuri sighed, this was harder than she thought. After that incident with Yoona, and getting to know her more, she decided that she couldn't be selfish; she was absent from Jiyoung's life for so long, how could she just expect the girl to like her back in 3 short months? At the most, she would visit her daughter.

"Please Tiffany? You'll find a way to take back that contract, and this won't be a problem!"

Tiffany whipped out her pink iPhone 5c, and slammed it on the table. "Kwon Yuri! That contract has no loopholes and you know it! I don't care how you do it, but you must follow that contract until 3 months is up."

She stood up, and briskly walked to the counter.

"I can see that you want Jiyoung to stay with Yoona because of something else. Don't make some silly mistake! Claim your child back! Slam that and leave!" She hissed, before pulling out her wallet.

After paying the bill, Tiffany pointed her perfectly manicured index finger menacingly at Yuri,"If you let Im Yoona win your child, you're going to regret it."

Then, she her heel (which was expensively clad in Gucci), and left without offering a ride to Yuri.

Case dismissed. She sighed in defeat. So much for helping, Lawyer Hwang.

Yuri wanted to take the subway back to the orphanage, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to go back yet.

While walking down the pavement, she spotted a trampled newspaper on the floor. She knew that the headlines on the newspapers were all about Youngbae, so it was unsurprising to see his face. Just for good measure, she walked towards the newspaper and trod on it, as a reminder that he was long gone.

She thought back to Jiyoung, and about how her child would never know her father. She would probably never know about Yuri either, if she had decided to pull out of the contract.

Then she would be teased at in school, for being fatherless. Yoona wouldn't have it any better either; she would probably be shunned for being a single mother.

Yuri wanted to cry in the middle of the walkway. Why is life so complicated? She was single handedly destroying everyone's life.

She wanted to scream when she saw someone carrying a copy of a newspaper (surprise, surprise, Youngbae's face was splattered on that one too).

Then, she made up her mind. Before she could chicken out, she threw her pride away and dialed a number.

"Look Yuri, if you wanted to persuade me further it's not h-"

"Tiffany?" Yuri interrupted her, stopping her mid sentence from what seemed like an incoming lengthy lecture.

"Can you fetch me somewhere? I need to see him."

 



Yoona

After Yuri left with Tiffany, Yoona attempted to find Taeyeon, but the shorter girl was nowhere to be seen.

She had no choice but to eat her lunch with her (loud) friends, who were arguing about Korea's latest scandal.

"I say that Youngbae's wife is a . Why would you choose to wait six years before reporting your husband? He probably ran out of money to please her." Sooyoung scoffed, while stuffing some fish cakes into . Seohyun frowned at the vulgarity, thankful that the children weren't there.

Yoona felt a weird feeling rush through her as she heard one of her best friends bash Yuri. She quickly dismissed the feeling; whatever Yuri does is none of her concern.

"Maybe he never abused her until lately." Sunny offered, annoyed that Sooyoung was so blinded by her love for Big Bang.

"He was also caught for plagiarism though... Maybe his crimes accumulated and got him such a long sentence." Hyoyeon frowned in concentration, offering her own opinion.

Yoona sidetracked from their conversation and looked through at Jiyoung sitting at the other table with her friends. The girl was a splitting image of her mother, and Yoona couldn't stop comparing their similarities, from their tanned skin to the way they scratch their head when confused.

It was going to make leaving Jiyoung hard, if she was going to continue being so attached to her.

She turned back to her table of friends, who were still discussing about Taeyang's secret wife.

"If you don't know her story, don't judge her." Yoona coldly interrupted the fight, making Sooyoung feel guilty about her words.

"Excuse me." She stood up, grabbed her plates, and walked away from her confused friends.

If she was going to stay there hearing her friends about Kwon Yuri, she might just lose it.

 



Yuri

Even in the cold air conditioned room, Yuri broke out in cold sweat, her palms sweaty, even after she wiped them on her blouse several times.

Tiffany was getting the records ready and signing them with the police officer at the counter.

After what seemed like centuries, they were escorted to a separate room. Security was tight, and that reminded Yuri that she was safe.

"You may visit the criminal." Another police officer announced, and Yuri hated the way he said 'criminal'.

"You know, I can come with you if you want." Tiffany offered, the girl's features moulded into an anxious expression. Tiffany was worried that she just fed the lion, even if he was locked up far away from Yuri.

But Yuri only shook her head. She was led into another room, where a glass barrier separated her and him. With trembling hands, she picked up the intercom set, her eyes never leaving the floor.

"Yuri ah, what are you doing here?" He asked, his voice clear of venom, but Yuri wasn't taking any chances. She could hear his attempt at taking this lightly, and it wasn't working.

Slowly, and shakily, she looked up to meet Dong Youngbae. He lost his charisma, the one that made girls melt, with his newly shaven hair. Aside from that, he was still Youngbae, and Yuri could feel her body stiffen in fear.

"V-visiting. I w-wanted to say s-sorry." She whispered, her voice barely audible, but he heard every word.

"Don't be."

What? Did he just talk to her gently?

"I spent time thinking about what I did for a while now... I'm sorry, Yuri. I may not be able to get out, but will you forgive me?" He continued, his voice soft and sweet. It reminded her of their first meeting, but who knew that he was a devil in disguise?

She closed her eyes and let the darkness overwhelm her. Youngbae was never one to apologize; it took him six years.

But even Kwon Yuri had trouble forgiving, no matter how much she tried.

She opened her eyes to see the man that gives her nightmares every day; the man that makes her sob violently in the shower; and the man that also gave Jiyoung her beautiful eyesmile.

"Youngbae, I-I was pregnant with your child." She admitted, choosing to ignore his question.

"What?" He asked, and his sudden outburst made Yuri jump back in shock.

"J-Jiyoung. She's five this year and I had her when you were on tour. I'm sorry, I really am." She started to cry, and he looked at her with an unfamiliar expression.

"Yuri, if I can serve this jail term and leave earlier, instead of having to stay here for life, would you forgive me?" He decided to ask after a moment of silence.

"No." She whispered, her voice breaking. She just told Yoona that she would forgive her parents, but why couldn't she forgive Youngbae?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter