First Date

Mistake [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona

Kwon Boa's words struck her deeply. She never knew that Yuri's mother was so cruel, resorting to such dirty tricks to secure her daughter's future. Perhaps it was just her way of trying to make up for the misunderstandings between her and Yuri, but whatever the case, Yoona was disgusted.

She found herself walking towards her favourite bench at the back of the orphanage. Somehow, the peaceful area could not calm her down, as her mind was filled with enquires.

She definitely couldn't tell Yuri anything about this. Her relationship with Boa was fragile at the moment, and the tanned girl was already looking forward to bonding with her mother. How could Yoona trash her dreams of reuniting with her family?

But Boa was right. At the spur of the moment, Yoona had made a terrible decision to create that stupid contract. She was too hotheaded to think straight, and now everyone was suffering from it.

Nevertheless, forcing her to marry Yuri was something only seen in drama serials. Those were fiction; she's in the real world now. She could never woo Yuri in a short two months and impose the question of marriage to her.

The more she thought, the more her head hurt. She wandered back to the way she had slammed the door on Boa. She had disrespected her elder, even though Mrs Kwon was nothing but ruthless.

Yoona made up her mind, and headed back to the office. The least she could do was apologize, and then politely turn down Boa's offer again just in case the older woman wasn't satisfied.

On the way though, she was so lost in thought she accidentally banged in someone. She looked up, only to see Jessica and Yuri staring at her.

"Who was looking for you?" Yuri asked, grasping Yoona's arm painfully.

She winced, and Yuri let go quickly, murmuring a soft sorry. "That was nothing. Just someone from Tiffany's law firm confirming the contract as legal." Yoona answered coldly, lying her way through.

Yuri, though hurt, believed the later. Jessica, on the other hand, gave Yoona a searching look.

"Then where are you going? This is nowhere near the main office." The ice princess asked, folding her arms.

"I just went to take a quick walk around to clear my mind after the talk, but I realized that I forgot to ask her something."

"Well we can go together, I'm sure I need to be there too." Yuri offered.

"There's no need." Yoona quickly turned down her offer, hurting the tanned girl even more. She felt guilty, and added on,"I don't think I'll go back, she probably left."

Jessica frowned, and Yoona was worried that she had found something. After all, it was Jessica who had called her to meet Boa at the office. She wasn't dumb.

"She couldn't have left so quickly. And you should have sent her off. Come on, lets just check the office, it wouldn't hurt to try."

With that, Yoona could only nod her head, and the trio walked to the office. She found herself sweating as they saw the office in view. What if Kwon Boa was still angrily seated there? What if Yuri found her? What if-

Wait, she's gone!

Instead of Mrs Kwon, Taeyeon was seated in the office, with stacks of files on her desk.

"Shika baby!" She got up immediately, pushing the files away and rushed to her wife.

But before they could give a sloppy French kiss in front of Yoona and Yuri, Yoona smacked her sister's head and pulled Yuri out of the door.

"Yah!" Taeyeon cried out from inside.

"NO PDA UNNIE!" She yelled back, laughing with Yuri as the two left the office.

 



Yuri

The tanned girl wasn't stupid. She knew that Yoona was lying. Something must have happened in the office, and it must have affected the younger girl's mood. They were both packing up to go home, and so were the other volunteers.

Yuri caught Yoona staring into space again, and sighed, moving closer to nudge her. "Is something wrong?"

"What makes you think that?"

"You've been staring at nothing but thin air since that meeting at the office." Yuri gave her a knowing look. "This isn't about the contract, is it?"

"It is." Yoona replied stubbornly. "I'm just worried that Jiyoung wouldn't be able to cope."

Hurt, Yuri turned away. What was that supposed to mean? Yoona obviously doesn't trust her at all. Something wasn't right, but she just kept lying her way through.

"Hey, I was wondering if you want to go out for dinner tonight?" Yoona asked, changing the subject.

"Sure, I'll just go get Jiyoung and-"

"No." Yoona interrupted Yuri. "Just you and I."

In reply, Yuri laughed. "What's going on Yoona?"

"Is it that funny?" Yoona frowned. "I'm asking you out on a date." Her straightforward and robotic tone was obvious.

This time, Yuri frowned. Confused, she asked,"On a date? Yoona, what are you doing?"

"I really like you." Yoona confessed, but it sounded forced and fake. "I'll let Jiyoung stay at Taeyeon and Jessica unnie's house for the night. So are you willing to come with me?"

"Yoona. This isn't a joke."

"Please." This time Yoona was softer. "I know this seems weird... But I've never done this before. Unnie, will you give me a chance?"

Yuri was torn. Yoona was initially so reluctant, but suddenly she had a change in tone, and now she sounded desperate. Perhaps Yoona was just nervous. "What happens if I say yes?"

"Then you'll get the best date night of your life." Yoona leaned in whisper into Yuri's ear, causing the older girl to blush at their proximity. "So please?"

"Ok." It wouldn't hurt to go on one friendly dinner date right? After all, Yuri was sure that they would be close friends even after the three months were up.

"Great! You go home and get ready ok? I'll settle Jiyoung." Yoona grinned cheekily, and leaned in again to give the older girl a quick peck on her cheek. "I'll pick you up at seven."

Yuri watched as the doe eyed girl spun on her heels and left, temporarily stunned at the sudden peck. She hesitantly lifted her hand to feel her cheek, the one that Yoona's lips had just gently brushed across a few moments ago.

Unknowingly, she broke out into a small smile, her cheeks warm and red.
 


Yoona

"You're going a date with Yuri?"

Yoona nodded, and Taeyeon hugged her tightly. "My little sister is growing up! I can't believe it! Kwon Yuri? You fell in love with her? I KNEW IT! Jessica, you heard that?"

Jessica suspiciously eyed the two sisters, before reaching into her bag to retrieve her purse. "Here. Fifty dollars. Why the heck did I bet with you."

"Wait, you bet that I would date Yuri? Unnies! How could you do that?" Yoona whined, punching her older sister.

"OW! I could tell the between you two..." Taeyeon winced, but quickly recovered enough to give her pretty dongsaeng the one and only byuntaeng smile.

"Ew. Jessica unnie, I don't understand how you can marry such an idiot." Yoona frowned at the dork.

"Sometimes I wonder why I even dated her," Jessica answered, and Taeyeon faked a sob pathetically. "Pabo yah, I'll still love you even if you like to touch my everyday."

"Shika!" Taeyeon fell in Jessica's arms like a little kid, and she almost reached up to kiss her wife when Yoona interrupted them.

"Unnies. Please."

Luckily, they pulled away (sparing Yoona). "Yoona, why did you ask Yuri out on a date?" Jessica asked.

"Because I like her?" The choding answered straightforwardly.

"Are you serious? You don't look like you do." Jessica folded her arms.

Yoona knew that her sister's wife was definitely someone who couldn't be fooled easily (no matter how much she loved to sleep, Jessica was still sharp). She pondered whether she should tell her favourite unnies her plan.

"If I tell you the real reason why, will you promise not to interfere with my plans?"

"Pinky promise." Taeyeon nodded her head eagerly like a little kid. Dork.

So Yoona told them about her meeting with Kwon Boa. She omitted the parts about Mrs Kwon and Yuri's past though, because she thought that it was Yuri's own matters, and she had no right to tell them.

"I don't get it. If you declined Mrs Kwon's offer, why did you ask Yuri out on a date?" Jessica asked.

"Because I think she's right. By marrying Yuri, Jiyoung doesn't need to choose, and she can continue to stay with both of us." Yoona answered.

"You don't mean..."

"Yes, I'm trying to win Yuri's heart without getting the reward. This way, I won't feel guilty that I'm literally cheating on her."

"Yoona," Taeyeon spoke up for the first time since her sister had told we story. "You're sacrificing your own life for this. You do know that once Yuri falls in love with you, you can never find your own true love?"

"Yes, but I'm willing to do this because I love Jiyoung. I can't let her down or hurt her like this," Yoona nodded. "So will you guys help me?"

"I don't think I will," Jessica shook her head. "You're playing with her emotions. This isn't some kind of high school drama production, Yoona. Even though you are a good actress from all that experience in school, you're talking about acting your whole life. Living your life like its a lie."

Jessica was right, but Yoona was stubborn. "Alright, you don't have to help me. But you did promise not to interfere with my plans." She paused, then turned to Taeyeon. "Unnie?"

"I agree with Jessica." Her sister replied. "You said that Mrs Kwon recorded the meeting... If she wasn't lying, that means that if Yuri finds out, she'll think that you were playing  with her heart."

Yoona never thought about that. Sighing, she massaged her temples. This was too complicated, but she had to try.

Isn't it ironic? I'm selfless to give up my whole life for Jiyoung, but selfish enough to hurt Yuri just to keep Jiyoung.

Ignoring her thoughts, she coldly looked at her unnies. "I don't need your help with this. It's my plan, and if any of you tell Yuri, I swear to God I'll never come back to this orphanage."

For the second time that day, she slammed the door, leaving the office with a heavy heart.

 


Yuri

At 6pm, she was frantically searching her clothes and talking to herself.

"I have noth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter