Prologue

Mistake [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona

She plays with her Minnie Mouse stuff toy, her cheeks rosy and red.

She smiles with that cute eye smile, a smile that could melt millions.

Her dark raven hair matches with her tanned skin, and for a five year old, she's the most beautiful girl Im Yoona's has ever seen.

Yoona watches on with a proud grin, just like how many other mothers would when they see their own child.

Except she didn't have her features.

She wasn't her biological daughter.
 


{flashback to 5 years ago}

'Who's baby is that? She's been crying for ages.' She first thought that her neighbour's child was wailing in the middle of the night.

Yet, no one seemed to placate the child. The cries went on.

Then, there were knocks.

'Who would want to visit me in the middle of the night? Seohyun's probably sleeping...'

Nevertheless, she opened the door to find no one, but a baby wrapped in a pink blanket at her doorstep.

"W-what?" She rubbed her eyes in disbelief. Surely this must be a prank. This can't be serious.

Bending down, she carried the young child in her arms, bouncing the little girl cautiously to stop her cries. Thank god helping out at Taeyeon's orphanage finally came into practice. The child looked no more than 3 months old.

A note fluttered down from the child's pink blanket, landing on the basket filled with various items.

Minnie Mouse doll, milk formula, diapers, more clothes...

But no identification.

She set the now asleep child on her bed after retrieving all the items.

'Who wouldn't want such a cute face? I have to return her to the orphanage first thing tomorrow. Taeyeon unnie wouldn't mind another one.'

She decided to read the note. It's probably some pathetic story from the mother right? Something about 'I don't have time...' Blah blah blah...

"Dear reader, I'm sorry. Please take care of her. Love her with all your heart, because her mother couldn't."

"This angel's name is Kwon Jiyoung. This isn't her father's surname, for I don't want her to be stuck with that burden. Her birth was unplanned, and I would say that it was my mistake, but she's the most precious girl in my life. But because of that, I have to let her go."

'W-what?' This wasn't some usual sob story.

"So please, I'm begging you, take care of my little girl. Treat her as your own, let her know that her mother loves her... But she's just too foolish and scared."

The note ended with another apology, and stapled behind was a photocopy of Jiyoung's birth certificate without her parent's name.

Yoona wasn't sure why, but she felt a personal attachment to his little girl already. She watched Kwon Jiyoung sleep at the centre of her bed, her little chest rising and falling.

"You're not a mistake."

She decided almost instantaneously that she wouldn't give her up to the orphanage.

She was going to keep her.
 


"Umma, are we going to see Tae Tae unnie and Shika unnie? The little one grinned, her hands wrapped around Yoona's neck.

"Yup! Are you excited?"

Jiyoung clapp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter