Savior

Heartstrings {Hiatus}

"Aahh~ It hurts!! huu~" Himiko said complaining about her painful back, waist and neck after posing for hours for Kenji's piece.

"Just rest a little and it'll already be fine." Yuna said comforting her best friend while massaging her shoulders.

Himiko in a sitting position in Yuna's bed, her legs crossed while Yuna is kneeling on her bed behind Himiko.

*SIGH*

"I just hope he did it perfectly and get the first place in the contest. If not, I won't talk to him for one week." Himiko said childishly pouting her lips.

Yuna chuckled and said, "I wonder if you can do that."

"Of course I can! My body hurts a lot because of him. If his piece didn't got the Grand Prize I really won't talk to him for one week."

"Okaay~~" Yuna said in a doubting tone raising her eyebrows.

"But if it didn't got the first, it's also half of your fault because you're his subject." She continued.

"I know right." Himiko replied pouting more her lips.

Yuna giggled and hugged her best friend tightly until they fell down on her bed. And they both laughed. "Yuna, can I sleep here tonight?" Himiko asked.

"Hmm...No." Yuna replied skaking her head.

"Why?"

"Because if you sleep here you'll own the whole bed."

"No, I won't, promise. Pleeeaaase." Himiko begged with her hands in a praying position and her eyes blinking.

"Okay, okay. Fine. I'll let you sleep here."

"Really?!" Himiko exclaimed happily.

"Yup. In one condition, you'll do our assignment in Math."

"But Yuna." Himiko protested. Yuna shook her head and said, "No assignment, no sleepover."

"Okay, fine I'll do it. If you're not just my best friend." Yuna giggled and hugged her best friend again and said, "Thank you!"

- - -

*DING DONG*

The bell rang  for lunch break and as usual, the students in there class starts to stood up excitedly and pack there things to go to the cafeteria. Yuna is busy packing her things to her bag when suddenly Himiko hooked her left arm into Yuna's.

"Let's eat!"

"Let's go!" Yuna responded and immediately walked towards the back door. While walking, she didn't noticed that her small pink diary slipped out of her bag.Maybe because she's in a hurry to go to the cafeteria that she failed to secure it. They're almost out of the room when she noticed it. She looked back and saw Kenji picking up something on the floor. When she realized that its her diary that he's holding, her eyes widened in panic not knowing what to do.

Worried.

Her heart starts to pound heavily.

What if Kenji opens the diary?

What if he finds out all about her secrets?

What if Himiko finds out?

Her thoughts, her feelings, all of it, its written inside the diary. She couldn't forgive herself if that happens. All of these thoughts are flooding in her mind that she couldn't even move, frozen on where she was standing. Shun who hasn't left the room yet saw all the worries on Yuna's eyes. Kenji is about to open the little diary when Shun grabbed it from his hand.

"Oh, Thanks. I've been looking for this the whole time."

"Huh? Is that yours?"

"Uh, no. It's actually my sister's." Kenji looked at him and nodded suspiciously. Of course, the answer was lame.

First, he doesn't have a sister, its a brother.

And second, who would bring there sister's diary in school?

But it worked though. So, who cares? Well, it seems that Kenji also didn't care or maybe he was convinced so he walked away after he said, "Sure."

When Kenji turned around, Shun secretly waved the diary to Yuna and winked handsomely as if saying 'Its alright now, don't worry'. When Yuna saw him do that, she sighed for relief and faintly smiled back to Shun for gratitude. Himiko noticed Yuna's momentary daze.

"Yuna, what's wrong?" Himiko asked.

"Uh, nothing. Let's go?" Himiko nodded in response.

- - -

"What took you so long? We're already starving here waiting for you." Maki complained when Shun came for lunch.

"Sorry. I just 'saved' someone's life in 'grave danger'."

"Yeah, right. What an hyperbole."

- - -

Meanwhile at the cafeteria. "Hey, Are you guys having a problem?" Yuna asked.

"Eh? Why do you ask?" Kenji responded.

"Nothing. Its just that Himiko isn't talking to you so I thought you didn't get 'it' (Grand Prize)."

"Huh??" Well, the word 'it' seems to make the conversation more complicated to understand for Kenji but more obvious for Himiko. So she quickly covered Yuna's mouth to keep her from saying things that they both know she shouldn't.

"Uh, Nothing!" Himiko quickly answered for her best friend.

"I just remembered..." She continued. "Did the results from the Regional Young Artists Contest came out?"

"Yeah."

"So, did you got a place?"

"No."

"WHAT?!?" Himiko exclaimed in dismay while all of the students in the cafeteria turned to look at them because of Himiko's loud voice. Yuna isn't an exception.

She's also shocked not because of Himiko's loud voice but because of Kenji's answer.

"I didn't just got a 'place', I won the Grand Prize." Kenji explained.

Himiko dropped her jaw after hearing that from Kenji and feel sorry and embarrassed from over reacting. She fell silent out of it. Of course, Kenji didn't fail to notice it. And as a 'Teasing Expert', he knows how to get what he wants.

"Aaahh~...So you're not going to talk to me if I didn't got a place, is that it?"

"N-No! I-Its not like that."

"Its okay, you don't need to explain. I'm not mad. But if you really feel sorry, all I need to do is to 'punish' you."

"E-EH?!" The two girls exclaimed. The word 'punish' seems to be scary to them especially when its Kenji who said it. Kenji secretly laughed without the girls noticing. He cleared his voice before speaking.

"Tomorrow I'll pick you up at your house, 6:00 pm sharp. Got it?"

"W-What?! Wait! I..." Himiko exclaimed wanting to protest on her boyfriend's order. But before she does, Kenji immediately stood up and took few steps and paused.

"Ah..." Kenji said remembering something and turned to look at the table where Yuna and his girlfriend were.

"Don't make any appointments tomorrow, okay? Because tomorrow, you're mine. And I'll make sure to get your 'payment' so be ready."

After that he just left the cafeteria like nothing happened leaving his girlfriend with no choice but to agree. Himiko could only sigh heavily at that fact.

"Punish? Payment? Tell me, is he really your boyfriend? He sounds more like a gangster." Yuna commented unbelievingly.

"I don't know either. He's my boyfriend but I don't know what he's planning to do."

Himiko replied in a problematic tone as if she couldn't do anything about it. She just laid her head on the table her cheeks touching it while pouting. She raised her head a few moments after realizing something.

"It's the day!" She exclaimed happily.

"Eh??"  Yuna said clueless about what  her best friend is talking about.

"Tomorrow is the day that Kenji saved me." Himiko clarified. Then Yuna remembered what her best friend was talking about and it got clear to her.

- - -

(FLASHBACK)

Himiko was walking home alone from school. It was already late because she had a meeting with the other Student Councils and it took over time. Ever since first year, Himiko has been a part of the Student Council as a Secretary. The way home was dark and unsafe. She needs to pass by a small bridge to get into the bus stop. Unfortunately that bridge was the hangout place of bullies, gangsters, bad guys, or whatsoever you want to call it. Its okay to pass through that bridge when it's during daylight, when there are lots of students passing by. But its too suicidal to walk there when its nighttime and alone. Himiko knew it, she was aware of it. But there's no other way home. She's walking on the bridge with her head bowed down to avoid catching attention from the bullies.

Himiko was pretty, smart, admired by opposite and was popular all over the campus. It wouldn't be a surprise if someone would have an interest in taking her by force. At first, she was just walking normally but then after a few moments before she knew it she was already running. It was because she felt as if someone was chasing after her. She looked back and she found out that her intuition isn't wrong. There were three or four guys running after her.

She was scared and lost, she doesn't know what to do but she still kept on running. Where to go, where to hide. She doesn't know. Not until when she accidentally bumped into someone. A tall and handsome purple-eyed guy with a fashionable headphone hanging on his neck.

"Oh! Sorry I didn't mean to..." The handsome guy got cut on his line when he saw the fear on Himiko's eyes and the guys chasing after her.

"Follow me." He grabbed her wrist and dragged her to somewhere Himiko didn't know.

When they're just far enough from the bad guys, the handsome guy hid Himiko in a safe place. He covered Himiko's mouth with his left hand and the other with his index finger over his lips gesturing Himiko to keep quiet and after that he came out by himself to face them. One of the man chuckled before speaking.

"Stop being a heroine and give us the girl."

"Sorry, but I don't think she wants to be with you."

"So you're not giving her, huh?" The other said.

"Yes." The handsome guy answered firmly.

"You wanna die?"

"Try me." The handsome guy challenged.

The man infront who seemed to be the leader of the group attacked him first with a powerful punch. But the handsome guy has faster reflexes and he was able to avoid the punch and did the first attack instead. Seeing that, the rest of the man attacked him one after another. the handsome guy defended himself with powerful kicks and punches. He was able to avoid the other attacks and got hit by some. He wiped the corner of his bleeding lips and continued brawling with the bad guys.

On the other hand, Himiko just couldn't take the fear she's feeling and already broke up into tears and fell down on her knees. She's trying to to shut with her hands so that the bad guys couldn't hear her.  After a few moments, the handsome guy just got enough of it and decided to finish the fight with strong punches and one last strike on the leader's face. Then they run off after that. The handsome guy went back to where Himiko was hiding.

"It's okay now, don't worry. Are you hurt?" Himiko didn't answer but just kept on crying instead.

The handsome guy knelt down and took off his headphone and wear it to Himiko. She heard a beautiful song playing through the headphone and lifted her head to look at the handsome guy who just saved her. The handsome guy smiled at her and then after that he took Himiko home after insisting to do it for her.

At the gate of Himko's house, "Thank you for saving me and for taking me home."

"That's nothing. Just don't go home by yourself next time. I might not be there to save you again." It's supposed to be a reminder but the last line made it sound like a boast of arrogance and it made Himiko giggle.

"Yes, I will. But how can I repay you for saving me?"

"Repay? There's no need to do that but if you really insist, I'll just get it in the future when we see each other again."

They bowed to each other for politeness and the handsome guy walked backwards waving to Himiko a goodbye. Just when he was going turn around,

"Wait. What's your name?" Himiko asked.

"Kenji, Kenji Anderson. And you are Nakata Himiko, right?"

"Yes. H-How did you know?"

Instead of answering Kenji pointed at Himiko's chest. Himiko looked at it and she realized about her name plate being pinned on her uniform. When she looked up Kenji was already gone. Though, before entering there house she mumbled to herself,

"Thank you...Kenji."

- - -

(END OF FLASHBACK)

Yuna who was inside the Photography Club Room sitting while her jaw was above her hands looking blankly at the window sighed after reminiscing how Kenji and Himiko met. She wasn't that totally awake from her momentary daze until she heard  the door open.

"Miyazaki!"

" *PHEW* Good thing your here. I've been thinking of how to return this to you."

"Oh, thank you for 'saving' my diary. I thought I was on a 'grave danger'. I didn't know what to do."

Shun didn't noticed it but he stuck his tongue out to wipe his lower lip and cracked into a slight laughter when he recalled something.

[I just 'saved' someone's life from 'grave danger'.]

Yuna's line was almost the same from what he said earlier and that makes him laugh about that thought.

"Eh? What's funny?"

"Ah, nothing. See you in class."

"O-Okay." And she replied just like that clueless again about this cute guy who keeps on appearing everytime when she least expect it.