Twins

Heartstrings {Hiatus}

"Aizawa!" Shun called when he saw Yuna walking near the school's field who actually came from the Extension building.

He waved and smiled cheerfully when Yuna looked at him and came nearer.

"You're in the soccer team?" Yuna asked after looking at the soccer field where Shun came from, noticing his dripping sweat.

Shun nodded while holding his towel hanging on his neck that he used to wipe his sweat.

"I missed playing soccer, I haven't played for such a long time since I left from Hokkaido."

"So you're having practice?"

"Actually we're done. Have you eaten yet?" Yuna shook her head.

"Not yet."

"OKAY! Let's eat!" Shun said in a suddenly cheerful tone grabbing his bag swinging it to his shoulder then next is grabbing Yuna's hand dragging her all the way to the cafeteria.

Yuna, on the other hand was clueless who could only blink her eyes in wonder of Shun's cheerfulness and cannot do anything but to let him hold her hand as they walk to the cafeteria.

"Meat bun and juice for you." Shun said as he handed the food to Yuna.

"Thanks."

"Where's Nakata? Its new, you two aren't together."

"Ah, she's busy. She's in the Arts Club Room right now. Kenji joined the contest for the Regional Young Artists, so he needs to make a piece he would submit for the contest."

"Eh? What does it has to do with Nakata?"

"She's his subject."

- - -

"How long do I have to stay like this? My body is aching already." Himiko said forcing herself to speak without changing her facial expression and opening her lips wide who posed like a professional model seated artfully on the chair.

"Just bare with it a little more, I'm almost done." Kenji answered who's holding a pencil and a canvass in front of him.

"Are you sure that you're going to submit that as your piece in the competition?"

"Of course. Why do you ask?"

"Nothing. Its just that I'm not confident that it would win if I'm your subject. You could have asked someone more professional like those who are in the Theater Club."

"I'm not comfortable working with them. Artists should be comfortable working with there subject in order for them to create a masterpiece. And besides you're more beautiful than those girls." An uncontrollable sweet smile gradually blooming on Himiko's lips after hearing Kenji's last sentence.

Kenji noticed her smile and teasingly said, "Hey, don't smile. You'll ruin the sketch. Suddenly being hoity-toity, huh?"

"I'm not, excuse me. Maybe....just a little bit."

- - -

"You know what, you two look like twins. Wear the same thing and do the same thing together. Good thing you don't look  the same." Shun commented.

"Maybe that's because we opted to act like we are twins."

- - -

( NOTE: FLASHBACK - Yuna's POV of her friendship with Himiko 12 years ago. )

As a child at the age of five, all I know is to play and have fun. Never thought of the melancholic side of the world. Until I met my best friend, Himiko. I was at the park near our house that afternoon playing sand in the sand box. I heard someone crying nearby. I stopped from playing and searched to know where the sound is coming from. I saw a girl the same age as me sitting on the swing tightly hugging her teddy bear. Her face was buried on her bear so I came closer to approach her.

"Konnichiwa!" I said cheerfully.

She lifted her head up, and as she did I saw her face covered up with tears rolling down her cheeks. "W-Why are you crying?" I asked her.

She didn't answer me immediately, instead she just stared at me with her swollen eyes. I decided to sit to the swing next to her and stayed silent waiting for her answer. Hours have passed and she still didn't uttered a single word. Sunset is near to arrive when she finally decided to speak, "I'm sad."

"Why?"

"I was alone. She left me."

"She?"

"My twin sister. She died and left me. She's so unfair. We were born together, we should grow up together, but then she died and left me. Its my fault. If  I wasn't born together with her, she wouldn't have to protect me.  She wouldn't feel obliged to protect her sister. My mother and father has to go to work so they hired a family driver to send us in school. We're inside the car that morning heading to school. I don't know how it happened. My sister and I are playing at the backseat during the ride. It was so fast. The last thing I remember is my sister hugging me as if trying to cover me of something that could hurt. Then everything around me went blur until its all gone. She's Gone."

" She's not yet gone." Just after I said those words, she immediately tilted her head to look at me.

She looked at me with those swollen eyes in a 'what-are-you-talking-about?' expression. But I didn't mind though.

"She didn't left you alone. She's not unfair." I continued.

"Don't blame yourself for her death, its not your fault."

"Stop. Don't say those things, those lies because I know the truth. You don't have to console me."

"I'm not consoling you. They say, twins are always bound to be together. Even though you can't see her, I know she'll always be with you. She's not unfair because she shared her life with you. She sacrificed hers to lengthen yours. You should take care of that life, because its your sister's."

I offered my hand to her with a sincere smile on my face.

"Let's be friends."

She was hesitant at first but at the end she accepted my hand and held it. That time she promised me that she would protect me no matter what.

- - -

(End of Flashback)

"That's how we became friends." Yuna said ending her narration to Shun which seemed that there conversation ended up to reminisce the past.

"You're both lucky to have each other by your side." Yuna nodded with a faint smile and said, "I know..." And in the middle of there supposed-to-be-serious conversation...

*BITES*

"H-Hey! That's my bun!" Shun exclaimed when he realized that Maki bit the bun he's holding.

"You're eating here, and you don't even care to invite us, huh?" Maki asked while chewing the bun on his mouth, together with him are Kei, Saito and Ryu.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Why are you so upset? Don't worry, we're not going to destroy your date."

"E-Eh??"

"And who's this beautiful lady with you? Aren't you going to introduce us?" Saito said as if adding fuel to the fire that Maki started.

"Aizawa," Shun said to Yuna. "...remember those guys I'm living with in the dorm? Its them."

"Oh, hi!" Yuna said friendly.

"This one's Tanaka, Hanabusa, Kawazaki and Sawada." Shun said pointing to each one of them for Yuna to recognize.

It is because Yuna doesn't have the chance to meet them since Maki is on his senior year and Kei is still on middle school while Saito and Ryu is entering the same class different to Shun and Yuna's class.

"And this Aizawa Yuna, we're in the same class."

"Oh, so its you(the girl that Shun's talking about)."

"Huh?" Yuna wondered on Maki's statement.

"Uh, nothing!" Shun answered for Maki's behalf and hurriedly stood up to cover Maki's mouth before he could say anything more.

"We're heading first, we still have vocal lessons we need to attend." Shun said to Yuna and then immediately dragged Maki all along with him exiting from the cafeteria.

"We'll go then Aizawa-senpai. Ja ne!" Kei said before following Shun and the others exit the cafteria. Yuna on the other hand waved at them as they go.