Tell Her

Heartstrings {Hiatus}

Shun was having his great movie marathon at the living room of there dorm with his friends/group mates. He was seating at the right side of the sofa with his chin resting on his right hand and his left foot lifted from the floor.

Tanaka Maki, the eldest among there group was seating next to Shun at the left side of the sofa with his arms on his chest.

Hanabusa Kei sitting on the floor and a pillow on his lap, the youngest on the group.

Kawazaki Saito, who was sitting on the floor beside Kei while leaning on the sofa, the wackiest among there group.

Sawada Ryu was eating junkfoods on the bowl and was also sitting on the floor, he was the type of a nerdy guy but also the rapper of the group.

"See! I told you! He's going to run after her and he'll confess his true feelings and......". Saito said as if explaining what's going to happen next because he have watched the movie they're watching.

But even before he's able to continue his 'story telling', Maki kicked him weakly making sure that he's not going to be really hurt.

"WHAT?!" Saito exclaimed.

"Are we going to watch the movie or you're just going to tell the story?"

"Well, I'm sorry. Just got a little bit carried away. You know? hehe....".

Then Maki rolled his eyes away from Saito and saw Shun beside him not watching the movie but staring from far way instead. As if he's daydreaming, his mind is wandering in the outer space thinking about something serious, thinking about Yuna.

[Is she alright? She seems to be fine with it but.....I know she isn't. She smile and acts normal in front of everyone but no one knows of her true feelings. How is she able to do it? Able to deny her feelings for her friend. What should I do now? I shouldn't have listened that time I saw her at the Exhibit Room. She kept it to herself for a long time and here I am who unintentionally discovered her secret. Should I tell her? But if I tell her, she might hate me. And how am I going to tell her? We sit next to each other in class but we don't speak that much.]

With all these thoughts in his mind Shun sighed deeply. While Shun is still on his 'own little world' thinking about Yuna. Maki threw a pillow on Shun's face trying to call for his attention.

"What's up with you?!" Shun exclaimed on shock because of the pillow that's thrown to his face made him totally snapped back to reality.

"I should be the one asking you that. What's up with you?"

"Huh?" "You're spacing out the whole time."

"Ah, nothing I'm just thinking about something."

"About?"

"Tanaka, what if you unintentionally discovered about other's secret that you know you shouldn't have, what would you do?"

"Huh? What's with that question all of a sudden?"

"There's this girl in my class sitting right next to me. We don't talk too much but I unintentionally found out about her secret and it seems that no one knows about it except for her because she kept it very well for a long time. I'm not sure if I should tell her or what should I do."

"Do you like her?"

"What?"

"I said, do you like her?"

"How am I suppose to like her? We've barely known each other for a few days and we don't talk to each other that much."

"Liking someone is not about how long you've known that person, its about how you try to know her more as time passes by." Shun paused for a while trying to realize what Maki has said. Then he cracked a faint smile and said, "Yeah."

"But I think its better if you tell her about it, that you now her secret." Shun nodded after Maki gave him an advice and said, "Yes, I'll do that." Then they continued watching the movie.

- - -

Yuna was walking along the corridors of the extension building when she heard some pleasing sound nearby. She walked slowly trying to know where that sound is coming from. She stopped in front of the Music Club Room, she looked inside and got amazed on what she saw. Shun was sitting near the window playing the guitar while singing Super Junior-M's "Destiny".

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hikari ga tozasareta sekaide (Under the temporary light of the world)

Yasashiku hohoenda, kimi ga mieru (The soft side of you, can be seen)

Sorezore sagasumono wa, onaji dato eita (I knew we were both looking for the same thing)

Keiwashiku nagai michi mo nanimo kowakuwanai (I'm not even afraid of this long endless road)

 

Sono kokoro dakeshimirareru (I want to embrace that heart of yours)

Ai kara ai e, usubareteku Destiny (If you want to love, follow your Destiny)

Futari no mirai tsunagusen mo kakete (Writing down our linked future together)

Omoide yori fukaku, mekudu e i fumi wa (The feelings I'm sending, will you accept it?)

Tsugi no peji wo kasanete yukou (The next pages of our lives are piled)

 

Bokukara kimi e owari no nai Destiny (Mine and yours, our endless Destiny)

Hitomi wo mireba subete wakari aeru (Once you see you will understand everything)

Tokimeki to yasunagi kikoete kuru Harmony (Shall we listen to our timeless Harmony)

Naniga attemo kesanai kara (No matter what happens, our love will stay)

Kimi no tame ni (Because of you)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

During that time, Yuna was standing at the Music Club Room's door, staring and listening calmly to Shun's voice. She unconsciously brought out her cellphone from her pocket and took a picture of Shun.

*PLACK*

She heard a breaking sound of string, she put off her cellphone and brought it back to her pocket.

"AH!!" Shun exclaimed in shock and pain from the broken string that hit his middle finger hard enough to make it bleed.

He almost jump from his seat shaking his hand like a wounded child. Then he looked at it and blew some air to ease the pain. Yuna saw this and she just can't help herself but to crack a soft laugh seeing Shun acting like a child.

"Let me see." Yuna said referring to the wound as she walk closer to Shun.

Shun on the other hand was shocked seeing Yuna. He immediately hid his wounded finger closing his hand into a fist.

"I saw it already, why are you hiding it? Let me see." Yuna offered her hand with a smile.

Then slowly, Shun opened his hand and showed it to Yuna. She knelt down to blew his wound several times to ease the pain a little bit then brought out a band aid from her wallet. She gently put it on Shun's wound. While Yuna is putting the band aid on his finger, Shun can't help but to stare at Yuna's face since they're just inches apart.

[She's more beautiful from a closer distance.]

"Done." Yuna said with a faint smile as she stood up.

Hearing this from her, Shun who was on a gaze pretended to look on the other direction so that he wouldn't be caught looking at her.

"Ah, Thanks." Shun said.

Then Yuna smiled in reply as if saying 'You're welcome' as she walked towards the window and leaned on to it overviewing the school's field where all courts for different sports are located.

She took a deep breath inhaling the warm breeze of air outside the window. Shun stood up from his sit and followed Yuna on the window. He leaned his back against the lower wall with his hands on his pocket.

"I heard you. You have a great voice". Yuna said complementing Shun on his great voice.

"You.......you heard?"

Yuna nodded, "Yes, I was standing there." She said gesturing to the door.

"Ah, You think so? I am a 'good' singer but not that 'great'." They both smiled.

"What are you doing here?"

"Hmm, roaming around to see the Clubs facilities. Mr. Ueda told me to decide on what Club should I join. Its a requirement that's why I'm here. How about you, aren't you in the Photography Club?"

"Ah, Yes, how did you know?"

"I just noticed that you always bring your camera. And I also saw your name on the School's Newspaper. Is it your dream, to become a Photographer?" Yuna shook her head before answering.

"Hmm, No I don't think so. Photography is my hobby, my talent, not actually my dream. How about you, is it your dream to become a singer?"

"Well, It Is Already My Dream."

" 'It Is Already My Dream'. Eh?? What do you mean by that?"

"Its my father's dream, for me to become a singer. He's always encouraging me to join the audition, at first I feel like singing isn't for me. But then I realized, why not try. That's why I'm here in Tokyo to study and train to become a singer."

"You mean you're going to be a STAR?"

"Sort of. But its not that easy. We need to comply with the requirements. We need to go to school during daytime and train for hours at night, sometimes even on weekends. We don't live with our families. My family is living in Hokkaido while I'm living with my co-trainees in the dorm." Yuna noticed Shun's voice sounds sad.

"Are you okay? You miss them, don't you?" Shun nodded.

Yuna sighed before speaking. "Actually, I don't know what to say to comfort you.....All I know is that, they miss you too." Shun didn't reply, he just smiled faintly after sticking his tongue at the corner of his lips.

[She said, she doesn't know what to say to comfort me, but she already did.]

Shun looked at Yuna's face sincerely.

[Should I tell her now?]

"Sorry." Shun said in a soft tone.

"Eh? For what?" It took a while for Shun to answer.

"I...I know your secret." Yuna's eyes widened in shock as she look at Shun who's standing beside her.

"I didn't mean to overheard everything, that time when I saw you at the Exhibit Room." They both fell silent.

Yuna just stared at Shun and after a while she slowly looked outside and said calmly with a soft voice and a faint smile, "Ah, so you heard." But Shun seemed to be more shocked seeing and hearing this from Yuna.

"Y-You're not mad?"

"Why should I? Honestly, at first I feel worried that you might tell them. But you found out about my secret and its been a week since then but you haven't told anyone yet, have you?"

"I didn't. And I promise I wouldn't tell anyone. I know you've been keeping it to yourself and I understand why."

"Then I should be thankful instead. Arigatou Miyazaki-kun." And then Yuna looked outside the window and inhaled the warm air deeply and exhaled as she smile.

"Aizawa....." Shun called for Yuna's attention.

"Hm?"

"How did it happened? How did you fell in love with Kenji?" Yuna didn't answer Shun's inquiry immediately.

"Uhm...Its okay if you don't want to ans-....."

"Its a long story." Yuna cut in.

"I don't even know how it happened. I just found myself already in love with him. I met him first than Himiko does. I didn't tell Kenji that I like him, I was too shy and afraid that he would ignore me after I confess. Then one day Himiko starts telling me that there's someone she likes. I'm happy for her because she looks so happy every time she talks about 'him'. Same with Kenji, he talks to me and tell that there's a girl that he likes since we're a bit close. Only to find out that the one she's talking about is the person that I like, and the person he's talking about is my best friend. That's how it happened....."

Yuna paused for a while and cracked into laughter afterwards.

"Why are you laughing?" Shun asked.

"Nothing. I just thought that I kept my secret for such a long time, and you know what? I feel relieved. It feels good when there's someone who knows about your secret, who can understand you, and whom you can talk to. Its just funny to think that of all people, its you who found out about my secret."

"I don't know, maybe its destiny."

"Maybe. Can you sing it once again?"

"Sure. But I can't play the guitar now, my middle finger is wounded. I can play the piano if you want."

Yuna nodded and they both strode towards the piano, sat beside each other on the piano chair then Shun begun playing the piano on the tune of Super Junior M's 'Destiny' as Yuna on the other hand listens to his refreshing voice.