Kim's childhood secret

Love Travel

Early in the morning, Pie called Kim on the phone.  She asked Kim to go to their beach house in Phuket with her.  Kim hesitated to go but she still said yes to Pie.

              

               When they got there, Pie showed their beach house to Kim.  Then they walked along the beach shore.  Pie noticed that Kim didn’t say a word since they got there.  So she asked.

               “Kim, are you alright?”

               Kim just nodded.

               “Is there any problem?”  Pie asked.

               “I’m not comfortable here Pie, I had a bad memory here.”

               “Tell me Kim, I want to know.”

               “I was drowning then someone saved me but that someone died because of me.  I don’t know the cause of his death but he died because of me.  I think it was thirteen years ago.”

               Pie stopped.  “So it was you.”  Pie stepped back.

               “What Pie?”  Kim asked.

               “It was you why my dad died.”

               “Your dad?”

               “It was right here, my dad died after saving you.  He died by a heart attack because he saved of you.”

               “I’m sorry, Pie.”

               “I don’t know how to say to mom about this.”

               “I’ll explain to her.”  Kim said.

               “No, mom will angry at you.  Since dad died, she kept that house closed.  She doesn’t want to remember any.  She was hurt a lot when dad passed away.”

               “But she has a right to know, Pie.  We can’t keep this secret forever.”

               “How about us? Our relationship?  I know mom, Kim.”

               “We’ll fight, Pie.”

               Pie nodded.  She hugged Kim.

               “I know we can do this, Pie.”  Kim whispered.

 

They cleaned the house that was full of dust.  Kim was sitting on the porch.  Pie gave Kim a bottle of beer and seated beside her.

“I’ll talk to your mom tomorrow, Pie.”  Kim said.

“I’ll be with you.”

 

They woke up early and left the house.  They went to Pie’s house.  Kim was preparing her speech whole night.  When they got there, they saw Pie’s mom was sitting at the garden reading newspaper.

“Good morning mom.”  Pie kissed her mom.

“Kim has something to tell to you.”  She asked Kim to come. 

 

“Yes, Kim?  Sit down.”

“I know this will shock you.  Thirteen years ago, your husband died….”

“Please stop.  I don’t want to hear anything about that.”

“No, ma’am.  You need to hear this.  For your sake and for us to Pie.”

               “Okay, proceed.”  Drinking her coffee.

               “Thirteen years ago, my family and I went to Phuket.  I was swimming exactly at the front of your house; I got sprain to my ankle and drank a lot of salt water.  I was about to die but your husband saved me.”

               “So it was you why my husband died.”

               “I’m sorry about that ma’am but because of him I live and I thanked him for that.”

               “So my husband died so that you’ll live?”  She raised her voice.  “Leave please.”

               “But ma’am….”

               “I said leave!”

              

               “Mom?”  Pie asked.

               “Look Pie, he died because of her.  That’s not fair!”

               “I knew it wasn't fair, I knew it was wrong but can’t you see mom, because of that grief and anger that you’ve been keeping in your heart until now you can’t move on?  Look mom, my life is better now because of her.  I think it was meant to be, dad died….”

               “So it was part of the plan? It was all happened for a reason?  You’re saying your dad died so Kim could live?”  Her mom started to cry.

               Pie hugged her mom.  “No mom, but it was not Kim’s fault that she survived.”

 

               They left Pie’s mom in the garden to think.  Kim and Pie were in the kitchen watching over her.

               “I’m sorry, Pie.  I thought your mom will understand.”

               “It’s okay Kim.  I know this time, mom will understand.”

               “I have to go home, Pie.”

               Pie nodded.  “See you at work.”

               Kim left.