at the airport

Love Travel

The flight was delayed for 3 hours.  To escape from boredom, she opened her laptop and search about Batanes.  She was amazed by the pictures.

 “I wonder who took these pictures.”  Pie looked at the watermark, “Kimhan, a Thai!” So she searched the name on google, and she found the website of Kimhan, a travel photographer and she dialed the contact number posted on the website.

“Hello?” a sweet voice of a woman answered the phone.

“Hello, is this Kimhan the photographer?”  Pie asked.

“Yes, what can I do for you?

“I would like to ask you about your pictures on your website in Batanes.”

“Yes?  Is there any problem about my pictures?”

“No, I love your pictures. I called you because I want to hire you.  Are you busy?  Do you have any appointments this week?”

“I’m on my vacation.  Well, I just got home from Fiji.”

 “Oh, I see.  I’m going to Batanes today.  I just want someone to accompany me and to take pictures. I’m a travel writer by the way from a magazine.  Since you are on vacation, I think that’s a no.”

Kim paused for a while.  “It’s okay.  I can go with you.”

“Really? “

“When is your flight?”

“My flight’s delayed in 3 hours and that’s 2 hour and 45 minutes for now.”

“How about wait for me in Manila, let’s meet there at the airport.  Text me your itinerary so I can book the same flight from Manila to Batanes.”

“No, I’ll call my boss to book for you.  I’ll send to you the itinerary in 30 to 45 minutes.”

“Okay, I’ll wait, bye.”

 

Pie dialed her phone again to call her boss.

“Hello,” the secretary answered the phone.

“It’s me Pie Mindara, can I talk to the boss?”

“Okay, I’ll transfer the line for you.”

 

“Hello Pie?” her boss on the phone.

“Boss, can I request something?”  Pie asked.

“Yes.”

“I want to hire a photographer and I already found one, can you book for her today?  My flight’s delayed maybe she can catch the today’s flight with me.”

“Okay, I’ll call my friend on the airline company and to the immigration.  Hold on.”

After 1-2 minutes of waiting.  “Hello Pie, tell your photographer she can go flight with you today.  I change your flight schedule, 4:00 p.m. so she can pack.  Go back to the check in counter and return your ticket and present also your photographer’s passport to arrange the flight.  I already talked to the immigration.  I’ll e-mail to your updated itinerary with your photographer.  Have a safe trip.”

“Okay boss, thank you so much.”

Pie called to Kimhan.  “Hello, the boss already arranged our trip. Our flight will be today 4:00 p.m.”

“Wow, that fast?  Okay I’ll be there in 30 minutes.”

Pie printed the updated itinerary at computer shop in the airport and wait for her photographer at the front gate.

Since the photographer didn’t post her personal picture on her website, Pie wrote ‘Kimhan” on paper and show to the people came in from the gate.  Pie imagined the face of the photographer through the sweet voice on the phone.  She imagined a beautiful woman with a sweet smile holding a dlsr camera.

It was already 30 minutes waiting, Pie got tired standing, so she opened her handbag for her phone to call her photographer, and then suddenly someone came to her,

“Pie Mindara?”

Pie was shocked.  It was opposite from her imagination.  This girl looked like a boy.  Short hair, wearing a polo shirt, long pants, boots.

“Are you Kimhan the photographer?”  Pie asked

“Yes, I am.”  Kim answered in a sweet voice smiling.

 

“Okay, can I have your passport?” I will show to the counter.

“Here it is.”  Kim gave her passport.

Pie opened Kim’s passport for checking and shook her head  “She is really Kimhan.” 

 

After the counter arranged their flight, Pie gave the itinerary to Kim.  Oh, a lot of places to go in Batanes.  I have never been in South Batan.  Lucky me, I guess.”  Kim smiled.

 

She felt sorry for herself.  She never thought that the photographer she hired was different from she imagined.  “Sweet voice but looking like that?  Oh God, help me to survive this trip.”

 

“The flight for Manila is now boarding on Gate 5.”

 

“Shall we?”  Kim asked smiling.

Pie sighed. “Okay, let’s go.”