Batanes trip

Love Travel

After two hours and forty-five minutes, the plane landed.  They went straight to another flight to Basco.   After they got to Basco, they went to a lodge to eat and rest.  Pie was worried because they in one room and one bed.

 

Pie woke up at 6:00 in the morning.  Kim was not in the room already.  Kim left a note, “Cafeteria.”  She went to the bathroom to take a shower.  Then she went to cafeteria for breakfast, there she found Kim smiling at her.

“Come let’s eat.  Food’s great!”  She called Pie.

Pie was dazed at Kim’s sweet smile.  She came to Kim and seated beside her.  Kim called the waiter to get some food for Pie.

 

“The car is already outside.  We have so many places to go today.”

The waitress served the food for Pie.  “I’m sorry I woke up late.”

“It’s okay; we still have time, Ms. Pie.” Kim said.

“Call me Pie.”

“Okay, Pie.” Kim nodded. “Call me Kim.”  They shook hands.

 

After breakfast, they roamed the North Batan.  Pie jot down notes about the places while Kim taking pictures around.  They went to Tukon Church, Basco PAGASA Weather Station, Fundacion Pacita,  Basco Idjang, Dipnaysupuan Japanese Tunnel, and  Valugan Boulder Beach, Vayang Rolling Hills, Naidi Hills, Basco Lighthouse and Bunker's Café, Our Lady of Immaculate Concepcion. While on tour, Pie doesn’t want to talk to Kim because of her personality.  In short, uncomfortable.

 

After the long and very tiring day, they went back to the lodge to freshen up.  Pie opened her laptop to start her article, Kim invited her to eat.

“Pie, there’s a restaurant here in Basco that serves great foods.  Wanna go?”

Pie closed her laptop and nodded.  “Good timing Kim, I’m hungry.”

 

They walked two blocks to the restaurant.  The restaurant was classy.  They seated on the table set for two.  The waiter offered them wine and they asked for the best food.

 

“Pie, I know that you don’t like me since yesterday we met at the airport.  Is it because of my personality?”  Kim asked.

“Honestly, I’m not comfortable with this but it doesn’t mean that I don’t like you.”  Pie answered.

“I don’t understand….”

“Look, I’m sorry for my behavior since we met at the airport.  I’ll change okay, for the sake of our work.”

“Pie, for me, in this kind of job, we must have in good working relationship like…”

“Friends?”  Pie asked.

“Yes, friends.  I can be your good friend, I promise.”

“Okay, let’s toast then.”

“Cheers!”

 

“What do you like, aside from writing and travelling?  Kim asked.

“I don’t know.”  Pie asked.

“You don’t know?  What do you usually do when you’re not on work?”

“Sleeping, I love sleeping.”  Pie laughed.

“So you can sleep whole day?”

“Yes, I can.  I can stay in my bed from morning ‘till next morning.  How about you, what do you like?

“Painting.”  Kim answered.

“You’re really an artist from photography to painting.”

“No, from painting to photography.  I started painting when I was five years old.  There are scenes that are hard to paint and also it takes time to finish just one.  So I switch to photography when I was 19, it is easier and faster.”

 

The waiter served their food and started eating.  “So you took pictures for a living?”  Pie asked.

“Well no, this is just my hobby.  But my hobby earned me money.”  Kim smiled.

“Good for you.  Me, I took this job because I love to travel.”

“You’ve been so many places, huh?”

Pie nodded.

“In all the places, what is your most favorite?” Kim asked.

“Our beach house in Phuket.”  Pie answered.

 

“You had been almost around the world then your most favorite place is only in our country?”

“Yes, that place where I was born. Meaningful isn’t?”

 

               “What’s your second best place?”  Kim asked again.

               “I don’t know yet.”  Pie answered.

 

               “How about you Kim, what is your most favorite place?”

               “I don’t know yet too, Pie.”  Kim answered.

“So you’re still looking huh?”

Kim nodded.  “Still feel uncomfortable, Pie?”

Pie shook her head and smiled.

 

They went back to the lodge to rest.  Pie and Kim were both busy on their laptop.  Kim felt her eyes hurt so she closed her laptop.

“Good night, Pie.”  Kim went to bed.

Pie just nodded.

 

After two hours of working on an article, Pie felt tired so she decided to go to sleep.  She looked at Kim sleeping.

“She’s cute.” Pie took a picture of Kim’s face sleeping using her phone.  Then she went to bed.