island trip

Love Travel

The alarm rang on Kim’s phone at 5:30 in the morning but Kim woke up ten minutes earlier.  She was staring at Pie’s face sleeping and she took pictures using her camera.  When Pie moved, she stood up right away and took her towel and went to shower.

 

               After taking shower, Pie was still sleeping so she woke Pie.

               She went to Pie’s bed side.  “Hey Pie, wake up.”

               Pie stretched her arms that hit Kim’s face by her fist.

               “Ouch!” Kim fell at Pie’s side.

               “Oh my God, I’m sorry Kim.  I’m so sorry.”  Pie helped Kim to stand and touched Kim’s face.

               “Ouch!  That is really hurt, Pie.”  Kim closed her eyes in deep pain.

               “What should I do, Kim?  I am really sorry.”

               Kim opened her eyes.  Their eyes met.  The world paused looking at each other in 10 seconds.  Then they heard knocking on the door.

 

               “Are you guys alright?”  Maid asked at the door.

               Pie stood and opened the door, “Yes we’re okay, and can I ask some ice when we get there to the cafeteria?”

               The maid nodded and left.

 

               “I’m so sorry, Kim.”

               “It’s okay, Pie. It’s just an accident.  Now, I know I don’t have to wake you up closer.  I might get a black-eye.  Go to shower now.”  Kim smiled.

 

               Pie smiled.  She took her towel and went to the bathroom.

 

               In the cafeteria, the maid gave Pie a bucket of ice.

               “No need Pie, I’m okay.”

               “I think we don’t need ice anymore.  Thank you by the way.”

               “So what’s for breakfast?  We’re already late, Pie.”

               “I think we just eat our breakfast on road, Kim.”

               Kim nodded.  She called the waitress to pack their food.

 

               They enjoyed the 30-minute boat ride to Sabtang Island on the sunny day.  Sabtang Island is smallest of the three inhabited islands of Batanes. Kim started taking pictures on the boat.  She used Pie as her subject but Pie didn’t noticed.  When they got to the Island, the cogon-roofed tricycle was waiting for them.  Pie was amazed to the stone houses with cogon roofs as thick as their solid-stone walls.  Each house has very small windows, most likely to lessen the impact of winds and rain.  And what more interesting to Pie were the windows and doors were painted in solid, happy colors.  Kim noticed Pie was wearing a big smile while looking at the houses, she took a picture at Pie, she felt happier and said, “Beautiful”.

 

               After the whole day tour at the Island, they decided to eat crabs, popular delicacy in the island before they went back to the lodge.

 

               They both very tired.  They went straight to their room to clean-up.  They were back to their laptops again.  Pie finished early at her article.

               “Kim?”

               “Yes?”

               “Back to the island, what is your most favorite spot there?” Pie asked.

               “All of them, Pie.”  Kim answered still looking at the pictures.

               “No, just one.”

               Kim was thinking about the stone houses where she saw Pie so beautiful.

               “The stone houses.” Kim answered.

               “Why?”  Pie asked.

               “You know, their houses are strong, and colorful.”

               “Yes, you’re right.  I have to sleep now, wake me up, Kim.  Good night.”

               “Good night, Pie.”