the beautiful sunset

Love Travel

The alarm on Kim’s phone rang again.  Now, Pie woke up first.  Kim just turned off the alarm and went back to sleep.  Pie didn’t disturb Kim, she took shower first.

              

“Kim, wake up!”  It’s already 7:00 a.m.

               Kim opened her eyes shocked.  She took the towel and went straight to the bathroom.  When Kim went out to bathroom, she saw Pie still in bed working on her laptop.

               “Pie?”

Pie smiled.

Kim looked at her phone, the time was still 4:30 in the morning.  Pie laughed at Kim’s reaction.

“Pie, that’s not funny!”

Pie can’t stop laughing at Kim.

“Okay, today is your day but tomorrow…”

“Tomorrow what?”  Pie asked laughing.

“Your day again and to the next day and next day.”

 

 

“Thank you, Kim.”  Pie can’t stop laughing.

“Thank you for what?”  Kim asked.

“For not mad at me.”

“Oh really?”

Pie still laughing.

               “Pie, can I ask one favor?”

               “Yes Kim.”

               “Please don’t include this in your article.”

               “Yes Kim.”

               “What’s our destination for today, Pie?”  Kim asked.

               Pie was looking at their itinerary, “Batan South.”  Pie answered.

               “Nice!” Kim smiled.

 

               They were ready for their Southern journey.  They ate their breakfast earlier and their ride came earlier too so they left earlier.  They noticed that they just pass the grotto at the top of the mountain.

               “Excuse me,” Kim asked the driver. “How about the grotto?”

               “That spot is ideal for watching the sunset and that will be our last stop.”  Driver answered.

               Kim and Pie just nodded.

              

               They stopped at one of the tourist icon, the yellow “Blow UR Horn” sign.  It was said the sign was existed before the text lingo became popular.  Kim wanted Pie to pose at the sign but Pie wanted to be with Kim in a picture so they asked the driver to take them.

 

               Next they stopped at Mahatao Boat Shelter Port, a small port where small fishing vessels and motorboats dock during bad weather.  They visited at San Carlos Borromeo Church that was built in 1873 A.D. and they wrote their names at the guest book in a small mini-library beside the church.  Kim can’t stop taking pictures at Pie, when Pie looked at her; she turned around pretending taking pictures everywhere.

              

               They visited so many places in the South.  They never felt tired because of the weather was windy and cold.  Kim enjoyed much because of the scenic views right by side of the road.  They had their lunch at the  Vatang Grill and Restaurant, a stone restaurant by the roadside in the town of Ivana.  They enjoyed the best dish, the Fish Lumpia, a fried spring roll filled with dibang or flying fish.  After that, they visited so many houses, cliffs and before going to the last stop the grotto, they stopped at Racuh a Payaman or more popularly known as Marlboro Country. They were amazed at the rolling hills, animals grazing on the pasturelands, the view of the vast blue sea and mountains and a lighthouse in the distance nestled within hedgerows, for them this was the most perfect view. They planned to go back there again to just sit and admire the view.  They traveled back and went to Chawa View Deck where the grotto of the Mary and a few benches where you can sit and just admire the view. They enjoyed much watching the sunset faces the South China Sea.  Kim was busy taking pictures of the sunset, Pie was watching her.  She recalled from the first moment they met at the airport until here watching the sunset together.

               “Thank you Kim.” Pie said to Kim.

               Kim stopped and looked at Pie.

               “Thank you for what?”  Kim asked.

 

               “For everything, for being here with me. “

               Kim held Pie’s hand smiling and went back taking pictures.

 

               “Sit with me?” Pie asked.

               Kim nodded and seated beside Pie.

 

               Pie rested her head to Kim’s shoulder.  Kim didn’t mind.

              

               “I think I’m going to like this place.  I love the sunset. How about you, Kim?”  Pie asked.

               “I like it too.   I love watching sunsets, but this is my favorite.”

               “Why?”

               “Because I’m sitting next to you.”  Kim answered.

              

               Their eyes met again, Kim was going to kiss Pie but the driver ruined the moment.

               “Excuse me, we have to go now.”

               They stood up but still looking at each other.

 

               Kim was about to open the car at the front, Pie asked Kim to sit with her at the back.  Kim closed the door and seated with Pie at the backseat.

 

               Kim put her arm over Pie’s shoulders and Pie rested her head at Kim’s.  The car ran slowly because it road was dark.  They arrived at the lodge very late.

 

               Pie held Kim’s hand pulled her to their room.  Kim just kept looking at Pie.  When Pie looked at Kim’s eye she shuddered in delight.  When they got inside the room, Kim came last and locked the door.  Pie pulled Kim close to her and kissed Kim.