the good news

Love Travel

On the next day, Kim and Pie went back to their work.

               “How’s you mom, Pie?”

               “She’s okay now but”

               “I’m so sorry, Pie.  It was my fault.”

               “No, Kim.”

 

               Van’s secretary came to their table.  Ms. Pie and Ms. Kim, Boss wanted to see you at his office.

               Kim and Pie went stood up and went to the office.

 

               “Congratulations, your work is now the talk of the city.  Everybody in Thailand wants to go to Batanes.”  Van said.

               “Thank you, boss.”  Pie said.

               “Because of your article, our copy was sold out.  I got a call and they are asking for more copies.  They really fell in love with the sunset.”

               “That’s really a good news sir.”  Kim smiled.

 

               Van opened his suitcase.  “I give you this, a cheque. A reward for your hard work.”  Kim and Pie accepted the cheque.  “And not just like that, I give you a two week vacation started today, and here’s the plane ticket, a round ticket to Paris.”

 

               “Can I ask favor with you guys when you get there?”  Van asked.

               “Yes, boss.”  Pie answered.

               “Please write an article about Paris.”

               They both nodded.

 

               Kim and Pie were very happy about the news when they left the office.

               “Do you know Kim?”

               “What Pie?” Kim asked.

               “You are my lucky charm.”  Pie answered.

               “Really?”

               “Yes, I thank you for that.”

 

               “Pie?”

               “Yes Kim?”

               “I read your article about the sunset; I don’t know why they fell in love in like that.”

               “When did you read the article?”  Pie asked.

               “In your room, before we submit to the boss.”

               “I changed that Kim.”

               “What?”

               “I wrote about how I fell in love with someone while watching the sunset.”

               “I want get a copy of that magazine, I want to know.”  Kim laughed.

               “Let’s go home, Kim.  Let’s visit mom.”

 

               When they got home, they found Pie’s mom reading their magazine in the garden.  Pie kissed her mom.

               “Good work, Pie.  I love your article.  I love the pictures too.”  Her mom smiled.

               “Thanks mom.”

               “Where’s Kim by the way?”

               “I’m here ma’am.”  Kim answered.

               “Pie, I want to talk to Kim alone.”

               Pie nodded, and left them.

 

               “Ma’am, I know it’s hard to accept about your husband and I’m sorry for that but I wanted you to know, he didn’t die for nothing.”

 

               Pie’s mom stood up crying and hugged Kim.  Pie was watching them from the kitchen.

               “Thank you Kim.  Please take care of my daughter.”

               “Yes ma’am, I will.”

               “Pie, come here.”

               “Yes, mom?”

               “Let’s visit the beach house tomorrow.  Kim, you should come with us.”

               Kim nodded.

 

               “So what happened here?”  Pie asked.

               Her mom just laughed.

 

               They went to their beach house on the next day.  They brought some flowers to offer to the sea. They went inside to the house and Pie’s mom was surprised that the house was clean and well arranged.  Her mom decided to stay there with her grandchildren.