New beginning

To Kill or To Love?

A/N: Also if anyone has a misunderstanding on the 1st chapter, the training room is a computerized simulation. Sorry if I didn't clarify it!! 


Lina's Pov

  My fingers trailed down the hilt of my sword. The sword sparkled as it  reflected the ceiling light; I grasp the hilt tight, causing my sweaty hands to position the sword in an angle that matched my stance. 

"Ready," I said in a low tone. The computer recognized my voice and replied:

"Level 98 is now beginning. 1," The computerized voice began counting, the training room changed settings and it formed figures who were standing frozen,and ready to fight. I took my last few breathes until my level started, everything slowed.

  I was in the zone, my fighting zone. I developed the skill to create a zone of my own to make the enemies movement slower -I developed it on level 57-, it was hard to master it, but it was worth it.

  After my first mission, I continued to get loads of other requesting missions. It included killing, stealing, and even manipulating. But they all were normal to me, every time I killed someone I felt nothing other then pity on that person. I remember crying and losing my sanity after the first mission, hah, I was imature, but now I've mastered the sealing of my emotions, now I feel as if I am nothing more then a weapon.

"2," The voice continued.

  But... sometimes I loose the seal when I'm with Minho... for some reason he is the only one able to open the seal I've been mastering for a long time. I sometimes wonder if it served a purpose of any kind. Unlocking my seal will just cause me more pain... is that what he wants?

  "3." The last number was called out just before the level began. I must focus.

  There were figures about a foot taller then me. The first target was a guy, not much older looking then me, he looked at me with determind eyes, holding a gun in his right hand. The gun shot once, aiming right towards my heart. My sword swung to the left, slicing right into the bullet, then taking a strong leap forward, the tip of my sword pierced deeply into the boys throat.

"Gehh," The boy gagged, but I just ignored the noise like I always do. The second target was a woman, she looked about 40, she had a spear in both of her hands. The woman gritted her teeth in anger and tightly gripped the spear.

  She ed the spear, targetting my rib cage. With my fast reflexes, my body dodged it and my hand firmly gripped her spear head, pulling her towards me, with a swift move my sword swung, slicing through the thick neck of hers. 

  Sweat trickled down my forehead and I took a deep breath, ready for anything that comes next. But what happened next was unexpected.

  The scene changed and I ended up in a hotel room. The scent of alcohol was strong and it surounded the house. I looked up for instructions -Minho said that in the 90's level they test you with 'fake' missions and intructions are given at the top- These fake missions are suppose to test the amateurs that are about to go on their first mission... lucky for me I already got that over with. 

  I read the instructions fully memorized:

Kill the owner of the hotel room.

  I nodded and the instructions disappeared. I explored the room, and the only thing that bothered me wasn't the blood or the dead people on the ground, but the messiness. HOW ON EARTH DOES THIS PERSON LIVE WITH ALL THIS CRAP ON THE GROUND! DISGUSTING!

  I stepped over the mountain filled with dirty clothing. The scent of the alcohol got stronger once I entered the kitchen, I looked over the counter and found a boy... no he wasn't just a boy... he was Lee Min-Ho. The fifteen year old version of him.

  Never knew Minho was an alcoholic, I laughed, and took out my phone. The touch screen device turned alive as I touched the camera button. With one clear shot, I put it away to save for later and placed my sword back into me hands.

  Minho awoke looking directly into my eyes, he looked as if he was pleading me to spare him. My eyes stared back at him, and with a lifeless motion I dropped my sword right into the heart of the young boy.

"Minho is not as pitiful as you," My eyes continued to stare at him with pity until the image of him vanished into thin air and once again I was back into the training room. The white room only contained my sword and I. I picked up the sword and fled out the door.

  JR came running towards me in a happy mood, I turned to look at him. He was carrying a yellow file once again. I rolled my eyes and turned to walk the other direction heading towards the water fountain.

"LINA!!!!~" JR sang, I hate it when he does that... My head snapped at him in a flash and my eyes glared at him hoping it would turn red so he wouldn't bother speaking anymore.

"...Don't give me that look. This yellow file isn't for you this time, it's for another kid, he just started training here, he came from a different boot camp, he's your age and he's the same level as Minho!" My eyes soften at the curiousity,  He's my age and he's already at Minho's level?!? Should ask who? ... No, I shouldn't, curiousity kills a cat remember? 

"Why did you call me anyways?" I said in a monotoned voice. 

"Well, today is the first day of your new high school right? Well since you're going in the same high school as Minho, try not to fall in love with any guys, you know it's forbidden and I'm warning you because Minho said there are many good looking guys," JR reminded me, but I gave no care.

"Don't worry about me, worry about Minho, he's the big flirt. Also I really don't care about love at this time, there is no point, the point of my existence is to kill, steal and manipulate when I'm told. I terminate other existence's, I am a weapon." My eyes stared at him with an expressionless face. I was told what my existence was, and I must follow that. If I ever make the wrong move I will die... But life is already death to me... the only thing living in my life is Minho. 

  I bowed to leave to my room. Once I arrived, I lied down on my bed, sighing. New school, new beginning... I wonder what life is there...

Minho's Pov

  My eyes stared into the girl I've grown up with, the girl smiled at me with her arm's open. Don't do this to me... I finally reached level 105 and this level is too real. The level showed every little memory of Lina into this girl right in front of me. The girl acted too a like her,  how did they retrieve information like this to manipulate her into... this?!? My 'fake' mission is to kill her, but how can I kill her when she represents too much of Lina?

  The girl held a gun in her hand, and moved fast just like Lina. Her movements were each so similar to Lina's I couldn't tell the difference, I took my pistol and using a fast motion dodge, I aimed the gun towards her right in the head.

  I pressed the trigger, concluding with a look a like Lina, dead and lifeless on the ground. My heart stopped for a bit, if this was in real life I would rather die.  The image vanished and I was left alone in the white room, still shocked at what just happened.

"Get out! You got school, remember!" Chris's voice rang in the speaker -Chris is my trainer, well at this point I've gone past his level of training so really, he is just my observer- I scowled at his impatients, then I headed out of the room.

"You were AMAZING! But play cool when you go to high school, don't wan't to reveal your identity! I know you've got plenty of stalker fans, but try to keep it at a minimum, ACTUALLY!!! I got a plan, maybe if you have a girlfriend those stalkers won't follow you back to our secret base anymore!" Chris's voice rose a high pitch and his expression got more happy.  A girlfriend? Who's a girl that know's about our base and isn't going to tell? Well I have got no idea... there aren't any girls in my grade...

"Are you ready yet? I'll kick your if you aren't ready by 15 minutes." Lina's voice rang behind me. For some reason I hear Lina's voice in my head... Wait this isn't a 'sign' right? My face turned red as I thought about a relationship with Lina...  She only thinks of me as a close friend so there's no reason to push it... because I know she is just my friend. I lied to myself. The day when she first challenged me I thought she was a dumb , but she actually manage to punch me, nothing like any of the other kids. 

  Whenever I see her try so hard, it makes me happy that I'm the only guy who can get close to her... maybe it is a good idea to make her my girlfriend...

"BE MINHO'S GIRLFRIEND!!!" Before I could say anything, Chris spoke.

  Lina's face turned expressionless she looked at Chris with cold eyes. Well that wasn't a good move... But Chris tried to reason.

"Wait, wait. Before you misundersand I'll explain," Chris explained the plan and Lina listened with understanding. After the whole explaination she turned towards me, and all I could do was look at her waiting for an answer.

"Haha, loosen up, it's not like I have the ability to hurt you. But yeah, I'll be your girlfriend, for now." She said with a smile planted on her face. For now? I raised an eyebrow and right when I did, she knew me so well she explained herself.

"Ha... Well 'for now' meaning until you find your true love," She said with a reasonable explaination, and I concluded with a flirt.

"Why would I find my true love if she's looking right at me," I winked at her blushing face. She'll never seal her feelings towards me, if she does... I wouldn't know what to do...

Lina's Pov

  Being Minho's girlfriend, huh? That's new. I looked at Minho who was smiling like an idiot, and raised an eyebrow.

"You know there are plenty of other girls in my department that are dying to date you, and I'll know they'll keep a secret, why me?" I asked, with my eyebrows still lifted and full of curiousity.

"You are special," Minho smirked, Yeah right, but to be real... he is special to me... So I shouldn't say anything rude.

"Anyways, since I'm your so called 'girlfriend' how will you announce it?" I questioned, leaning in closer, wiggling my eyebrows.

"I don't need to," Minho shifted his gaze to me with his smirk aiming right at me; He slid his arm around my waist, pulling me closer into him. 

  As we walked side by side, heading towards the direction of the highschool, everyone gawked at us, with wide eyes and opened mouthes. I heard whispers in the background, they flooded everywhere; One ear to the other.

"Aren't you uncomfortable that they're gossiping about us?" I whispered into Minho's ear and all he did was smile.

"That was my intention, once the news 'Minho and Lina are in a relationship' then it would be official," Minho concluded. His hair was in his face, and with a weird temptation, I moved it to the side.

"You know, that's the guy's job to take a girl's hair out of her face." His gaze went back to me, correcting me as he did so.

"It isn't my fault I get irritated at little things," I crossed my arms and avoided eye contact with him. Then his arm slid out from my waist to a tight grip on my shoulders.

"I get irritated too." He looked straight into my eyes then took my hair out of my face, geez, always looking cool, what's up with him...

"I-I'll take my leave..." A warmth feeling rose to my cheeks and the feeling was too embarrasing to be visually seen by Minho himself, which was strange.

  I ran to my scheduled class opening the door to a barely empty room. Only 2 kids were there, sitting in a seat they felt best at, and since I was early, I decided to take the one in the corner front. I always choose this seat, this seat makes me feel visable, it makes me feel like I am somebody, not a weapon, but a somebody that is happy to participate in school.

  I took out all my things needed for the first day, pencils, papers, eraser, etc. Today is going to be an easy day... well until home time that is... gosh more training. With the tiresome thought, I accidentally dropped my pencil, and it rolled quite far. 

  I got out of my chair to retrieve it, then it was gone. What on earth? Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. With my quick reflexes (=.=') I swung an upperhand aiming at the 'target's' face. But the person dodged it... Okay... dodging my punches is new...

  I looked up to see a guy, the same age as me, looking scared, as in ting his pants scared.

"Holy crap! If I wasn't paying attention I would've been hit, you know you have really powerful arm strength for a normal girl," The guy's voice said. I tilted my head in question, examining the boy's features. He looks like a normal boy, he has fairly good looks and also has a weak structure. Not very Minho like...But how did this guy know my arm strength power when he hasn't even been hit by it...

"You would've been hit anyways, how did you dodge it?" My head was still tilted when I asked the question, This guy is strange... I sense danger in him. My instincts are usually right, his aura tells it all too well. 

"I stepped back..." He said giving me a stupid look. Well that would also work too, if I was aiming correctly then I would've hit him, but he was behind me so targeting someone you can't see is quite hard... usually you master that in level 170... if my information is right.

"I'm Woo Sung-Hyun but you can call me Kevin. I see you're new here... 15 is when you start high school... what was your other school like?" Kevin questioned me, I remembered the private school I was assigned too, luckily I didn't have any bad memories. I was pretty much the queen there, because of my rank in grades, sports, and social skills it was quite high so I wasn't suprised when I was first in line to be the queen of the school. Sadly, they transferred me (;~;).

"I came from a private school, but please excuse me, I have to meet up with the teacher and confirm that I'm here." I said quietly, hoping that it wasn't in any offense to him that I had to excuse myself.

  I left the desk that had my belongings and fled to the office. There sat a man holding a large amount of papers, with bags under his eyes, wearing knee length pants and a sweater. He kind of looks like an old verson of a nerd... I walked up to the man and he knew right a way it was the new student.

"Oh! Hello dear! My name is Mr. Han, you are Lina am I correct?" His expressioned changed from before, He seems unexpectingly happy... This is an odd place, it doesn't look much different then my old private school, but it sure has strange people.

"Come over here, let me introduce you to the class," The man put a hand on the left shoulder and if it weren't for the fact that he was my teacher, I would've put him into a head lock and sue him for ual harrasment.

  Once we were right in front of the entrance, he stopped in his pace and looked back at me putting his two hands onto my shoulder, just like what Minho did.

"Don't be scared, take a deep breath it'll be over in no time, okay?" He said with a reassuring smile, but I raised an eyebrow at the stupid suggestion to calm myself down.

"You know I'm not sc-" He cut me off, telling me to listen to him.

"Breaaaatttttttthhhhhhhhhh~" He inhaled and exhaled, and I had no choice but to do it myself.

  With a fast sweep, he slammed the door opened, even making me jump. All the eyes were on him, then he turned back to me to tell me to stay in my place, and I did as I was told.

"We have a new student, her records are excellent, please treat her well." He said as he skimmed through the class, then he looked at me once again and gestured me to come in.

  As I made my way to the front of the class I already heard the whispering of the 'Minho and Lina are in a relationship' around the class, but some of the guys I heard were just aweing at me, which I had no problem with.

"Hello, I'm Lina. Please take care of me, oh and also, if you plan on bullying me about that Minho situation, it won't effect me, just you. You'll regret it," My voice became life threatening as I finished my introduction and went back to my seat, and I knew that something was up. Everything was on my desk except for me pencil.  Really Kevin...? (=.=')

  Just when I think school life in a public school would be fun, this happens. I got up from my seat and searched the classroom for Kevin; He sat at the back corner, staring up at me, -well everyone was staring at me, really. I did just suddenly stand when I'm not suppost to...- 

  My eyes glared with a sinister look and I slowley walked towards his desk, holding out my hand and motioning it to hand me what I want.

"Give me my pencil," I demanded, my eyes locked on his.

"No," He said with a smirk at the end. His cockyness is really getting him no where... My hands formed into a fist, smiling as I tilted me head.

"I'll give it to you if you can beat me in gym," But in this school we don't have gym, My eyebrows met eachother in confusion.

"Gym? We have gym?" I folded my arms, not even noticing that everyone had their eyes glued to the two of us.

"Well, actually we aren't suppost to have gym, but we have a special program and since you had an athletic record in your past school, you atomatically joined, I myself am also in it." Kevin smiled, but I could see through it, I knew something was odd. How would he know my records? How much does he know about me?

"You're on," I confirmed the challenge and went back to my seat, This guy is going to regret it.

• ♥ •

  Dodge ball. My hand firmly gripped the soft ball, swinging it so fast, when he dodged it, it made a loud smacking sound at the far end.

"So my guess was right, you do have a powerful arm. Let's see it you can handle my strength," Kevin smirked on the opposite side, which made me well up in frustration. Yeah right... 

  He had 1 ball in each hand, and with a quick swing, much like mine, the ball whipped past my face, missing me by a hair, and I could hear the loud smaking sound on my side, behind me. This guy is more powerful then I thought... not your average boy.

  The second ball I had, was tightly held by my left hand, -I trained both hands to prepare for battle, just in case any... arms are lost...- I targetted Kevin, just like how I target my victims. This should knock him out; My arm swung back, just like how I would hold my grenades, except this time it's a ball and I'm aiming directly at the person not beside him. I ed my arm forwards, creating a powerful impact against the ball and... the wall (O.O). Kevin did a 360 jump flip, and perfectly landed on his feet.

  That flip was mastered in level 80... is he some martial artist with gymnastic skills? My hands formed fists as I questioned his abilities.

"Wow, you got me by suprise, I almost got a blow to the face, don't want that to happen." Kevin winked at me with his flirtatious smile.

  Then the door busted open.

Both of our heads turned towards the person who interupted the game, no the battle. Minho?!

Minho busted through the door, sweating like he just ran a mile or so. His eyes were on me, then it shifted towards Kevin; With an evil glare, he spat at him.

"What do you think you're doing?" Minho said with a hurtful voice.

Minho's Pov

  It's last period and I have gym; I ran towards the teacher's meeting room and saw the gym teacher, who was sitting peacefully at his desk drinking tea. 

"Teacher!" I called out hoping he'd turn his head to see me, but he kept on minding his own buisness.

"Gym teacher!" I yelled out this time, -I don't know his name since it's just the starting of school and the gym program was added this year- he finally turned his head over to me. 

"I need the gym key, I'm going to practice early." I said, explaining the concept of me going early, but the answer I got back was a slow sigh and an apology.

"I'm sorry boy, but two 3rd year students are currently in the gym right now... they said it was a challenge? I don't know, but it's in use now, wait for your turn." The teacher said, then turned back to what he was doing. Students? But the class with the 3rd year students is over isn't it? Unless they lost track of time... I wonder who it is...

"I'm sorry to interupt what you're doing, but can you tell me who it is...?" I asked with a pushy question.

"Kid, listen,  I don't know and I don't care, I teach 4th year students for gym in the special program not 3rd years, but what I do know is that theres a new girl student and a boy student, that's all, now leave." The teacher said, pushing me aside. New girl student? Lina!... Whose the boy? ... boy... boy... WHY IS SHE WITH A BOY!

   why does the gym have to be so far from the teacher's meeting room... (=.=') I ran, forcing my legs to take a step at a time, but thanks to the training it wasn't as tiresome. My speed increased everytime my foot touched the ground and since my worry was on Lina I did nothing to hide my identity as a kickass fighter, so I speeded through the hallways and stairs.

  I heard gasps as I whizzed past by the students, -oh and because of the ladies, I added a bit of a wink in there- my hair flew in my face and with a nice whipping motion, I put it to the side.

Lina... what are you doing with a boy? Is he better looking then me or something? You got to be kidding me... What do you see in that guy that it would make you accept his challenge? Don't deal with low people.

  I finally reached the gym door, I heard explosions in there. Holy crap, is she using bombs in there? I thought she knew how to hide her identity as a secret fighter...? I pushed the door open with full force and I see a pretty boy on the other side, just landing a 360 flip and Lina gritting her teeth and clenching her fists. Usually she does that in frustration... If she's frustrated then she's up against a person stronger or as strong as her... what's going on?

"What do you think you doing?" I said staring at the pretty boy with a snarl added to threaten him.


A/N: HAYYY I finished another chapter, it was so longg compared to my other chapters (in my previous stories) sorry if I miss some spelling or grammer problems, I usually just post it after I finished typing the chapter, I don't re-read my work because I'm already exhausted writing it. Anyways, BAIII and have fun reading ^^~