Chapter 08

Our Little Love Adventure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun covered his mouth so that he wouldn't burst out laughing. Yoona punched him and Jonghyun quickly had a poker face on.

 

 

Yoona grabbed her notebook and started writing on the first line while Jonghyun tried to pay attention to the lesson. She was using a notebook to talk with Jonghyun because she didn't want to get in trouble by the teacher again for talking.

 

 

Yoona elbowed Jonghyun and passed the notebook to him once she got his attention.

 

 

'So… Tell me what was bugging you earlier!' 

 

 

Jonghyun grabbed his pen and wrote on the second line.

 

 

'I used to be in a band. I was the main guitarist and there were three other members named Minhyuk, Jungshin, and Yonghwa. The three of them moved to Seoul after they got scouted by an entertainment company. They go to this high school now and I met them a little while ago. They told me that they're still looking for a lead guitarist and I'm wondering if I should rejoin the band.'

 

 

'Why did you leave in the first place?'

 

 

'I told them I preferred playing basketball instead of playing in a band and so I left. And also, my dad got a new job so I had to move to Seoul.'

 

 

'But now the three other members are in Seoul and they're asking you to come back! And you're injured right now so why don't you give it another shot?'

 

 

'I don't know… I don't mind rejoining the band but they're asking me to become trainees with them. My original dream was to become a professional basketball player. If I rejoin the band and become a trainee, I have to give up that dream.'

 

 

Yoona took the notebook and read what he wrote. She then looked up and saw a sad look in Jonghyun's eyes. She decided to not bug him about the issue.

 

 

 

 

 

Third period (which was math) ended and everyone was packing their books into their backpack. By the time Jonghyun finished packing his bag Yoona was already out the door with her friends to go to her next class.

 

 

"Yoona! Wait!" 

 

 

Although Jonghyun called Yoona's name all of her friends turned around as well. Jonghyun saw the teasing looks in their eye and looked down in embarrassment.

 

 

"Where's my next class?" he asked.

 

 

Yoona rolled her eyes after seeing her friends' reaction. "Well what is your next class?"

 

 

"History."

 

 

"It's over there." Yoona said while pointing to the east.

 

 

"Yah, why don't you walk with him and show him where his class is?" Sooyoung asked.

 

 

"But…"

 

 

"No buts." Tiffany said as she, along with Sooyoung, started pushing Yoona to Jonghyun.

 

 

"See you at lunch Yoona!" the two of them said as they high-fived.

 

 

"So… help me find my history class?" he asked to help get rid of the awkwardness.

 

 

"Uh, sure!"

 

 

The two of them were walking and received some looks here and there from jealous men. Yoona's fanboys are no joke…

 

 

"Is there anyone from Kyu-line in that class?"

 

 

Yoona gasped. "How do you know about Kyu-line?"

 

 

Jonghyun wondered for a moment if he said anything wrong. "Well I'm in it so…"

 

 

She gasped again. "You're in Kyu-line?!"

 

 

Jonghyun gave her a weird look. "Yeah…"

 

 

"Oh no…Those boys are the weirdest people in the universe."

 

 

"Really? Why? They seem cool..."

 

 

Yoona looked down in disappointment. "They seem cool at first… but once you hang out with them for a long time.."

 

 

"You hang out with them?"

 

 

"Yeah. It's a long story. Anyways, this is your next class. Changmin from Kyu-line is in that class but stay away from him since he's a weirdo. I should get going now. See you later." Yoona waved a goodbye and Jonghyun did the same.

 

 

He walked in and saw the whole class staring at him again. Oh boy not this again. "Hello, mynameisLeeJonghyunandIamanewstudentandIhopeyoutreatmewell. Thank you." he said in one breath.

 

 

The teacher chuckled. "Tired of all those self-introductions?"

 

 

Jonghyun nodded. 

 

 

"Pick a seat."

 

 

Jonghyun looked around and saw three open spots. Two were next to a girl and one was next to Changmin.

 

 

He started walking in Changmin's spot but the teacher stopped him.

 

 

"I'm sorry but you can't sit over there. There's a reason he's sitting alone."

 

 

"Mr. Yoo I promise I won't talk!"

 

 

"How can I trust you?"

 

 

"Okay fine I'll talk but not loud enough to disturb your class!" The whole class laughed at what he said.

 

 

"Fine, I'll give you one last chance. You can go sit next to him Jonghyun." Changmin made a big fist pump in the air.

 

 

Jonghyun bowed and headed to his seat.

 

 

"Hey man." Changmin said as he high-fived Jonghyun.

 

 

"Hey." Jonghyun said with a wide smile. They just met this morning but they already seemed to be getting closer.

 

 

However, the two of them didn't speak a single word to each other after that because Changmin had to stay quiet or else the teacher would force him to sit by himself again.

 

 

Fourth period ended and it was now lunch time. Changmin waved him a goodbye as Jonghyun headed somewhere else. The band room… the band room… where is it? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why did we choose to meet up in the band room? Look at all the dust that piled up in here." Yuri said.

 

 

"Sorry girls." Tiffany responded. "We have to meet somewhere secret because we can't let anyone know abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter