Chapter 01

Our Little Love Adventure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wake up, wake up!" yelled Jonghyun's mom.

 

 

He struggled for dear life to hold onto his blanket as his mom tried to pull it off of him. Eventually he gave up and continued to sleep on the bed as his mom watched on with a blanket in her hand.

 

 

"Hmmph. Who needs a blanket anyway?" he thought as he readjusted his position on the bed.

 

 

"You're not going to get up?" his mom asked threateningly.

 

 

After receiving no response from her son, she went to the windows and opened the curtains. 

 

 

"Ahh, it's so bright!" Jonghyun mumbled as he rolled over so that his back faced the ceiling.

 

 

"Hurry up and get up, son. We need to load all our stuff in the truck and then put it in our new house by the end of today." his mom explained.

 

 

Jonghyun reluctantly got up from his somewhat comfortable position.

 

 

"Well, what time is it right now?"

 

 

"10:30"

 

 

"That explains why the sun is so bright right now." he said as he rubbed his eyes.

 

 

"You thought it was early in the morning? You've been sleeping forever! Hurry up and help us out!" his mom said as she put down his blanket on his bed.

 

 

Jonghyun got up and lazily walked over to his bathroom. He splashed cold water onto his face to help him wake up. After doing so, he began to aimlessly walk around his room as he brushed his teeth.

 

 

"Mom…." Jonghyun said with his mouth full of toothpaste.

 

 

"Yes?"

 

 

"Why do we have to move?"

 

 

"I told you this already. Dad is starting a new job in Seoul that's going to pay him twice as much as what he's earning now. Aren't you excited?" his mom asked.

 

 

Jonghyun nodded but in reality, he wasn't all that excited. He thought that life in Busan was perfect so he was obviously reluctant to leave.

 

 

His mom gave him a bright smile before leaving the room.

 

 

He sighed as he combed his hair with his fingers. "Today is going to be a long day…"

 

 

__________

 

 

A large amount of hours passed by before the Lee family managed to move in all their things into their new home. But in the end, it was all worth it.

 

 

"Waaaah. Check out how beautiful everything looks." Jonghyun's mom said once they had completely moved into their new home. "Too bad everything's going to be dirty once we actually start living in this house." she joked.

 

 

"Let's just cherish this moment as long as possible then." Jongyhun's dad said as he too admired how perfect everything looked in their new house.

 

 

As his parents were admiring their house, Jonghyun just stood there as he stared at the ceiling.

 

 

"Jonghyun-ah, are you tired? You haven't been saying much." his mom said.

 

 

"No, not really." he lied.

 

 

"Well if you're not tired then how about taking a walk in our neighborhood? There's one week left before school starts so you should try and start making some new friends already in our new neighborhood."

 

 

"It's not going to be that easy mom… You know I'm bad at making friends and my Busan accent isn't going to help when we're living in Seoul. They're going to make fun of it like crazy!"

 

 

Both of his parent sighed at the same time.

 

 

"Anyways, you're bound to make a friend someday right? Don't worry too much son. Just enjoy your last week before you start your senior year." his dad said.

 

 

"I hope my new life in Seoul doesn't turn out to be all that bad…." Jonghyun thought as he slowly walked to his new room.

 

 

__________

 

 

Jonghyun's father went to work with the brightest expression on his face. He knew that his new job would pay him twice as much money compared to his old job in Busan. So when he arrived at his new work place, he tried to make as many friends as possible in order to leave a good impression with his new colleagues.

 

 

"How was it like moving from Busan to Seoul?" a man who wore the tag 'Mr. Im' across his right chest asked.

 

 

"Pretty tiring. But it was worth it when we finally saw our new home." Mr. Lee(Jonghyun's father) replied.

 

 

Mr. Im nodded.

 

 

"Do you mind bringing over your family so that we could have dinner? Think of it as my way of welcoming your family to Seoul."

 

 

"Sure, that would be very kind of you. When would you like to have it?"

 

 

"Today at 7. Is that alright with you?"

 

 

"I believe so. We haven't been doing much ever since we moved in. My wife and son are staying at home today."

 

 

"Oh, is that so? I'm sure my wife will help your wife get accustomed to life in Seoul by showing her around. She'll tell your wife the best restaurants and clothing stores and etc. And as for your son, I hope that my daughter gets close to him. I'll make her show him around campus on his first day."

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter