Chapter 10

Our Little Love Adventure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good luck at school today!” Mrs. Lee said as she dropped her son off in front of the Im family’s house. Jonghyun nodded and closed the car door. His mom waved a goodbye before driving off.

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun knocked on the door of the Im household and quietly waited for someone to open it. He did not expect Yoona to open the door. He thought she would still be sleeping.

 

Jonghyun bowed as soon as the door opened. “Good morning Mrs. Im!” he said in a cheerful tone even though it was early in the morning. He then looked up and saw Yoona staring at him confusedly with her hair in a mess and her eyes half-open.

 

“Oh. Hi.” he awkwardly said. His face reddened a bit from embarrassment.

 

“You are weird.” Yoona said in a raspy voice. She was in no mood to any further because of how sleepy she was.

 

Jonghyun then walked in the house and gave his formal greeting to the right person this time.

 

“Good morning!” Mrs. Im said as she finished making breakfast for her daughter. “Ready for your second day of school at Sapphire?”

 

Jonghyun nodded. Yoona plopped down on a chair and started eating her breakfast. 

 

“I’ll head upstairs now to go get ready.” Mrs. Im then said. “Call me if you need anything.”

 

Jonghyun then focused his attention on the girl eating in front of him. “Don’t you feel embarrassed or anything?” he asked as he stared at Yoona’s messy hair. Most girls normally care how they look in front of guys but that wasn’t the case for Yoona apparently.

 

She stopped eating and looked at him with a confused look. “What do you mean?”

 

Jonghyun took out his phone and showed her how she looked using the front-facing camera. Yoona looked at herself for a good second with a horrified expression before she resumed eating. “Eh.” she said with a shrug. “I’m comfortable with you so I don’t even care how I look right now.”

 

He found it weird how she was already comfortable with him. “You already feel comfortable with me? We’ve known each other for a short time though.”

 

“I kinda explained this yesterday.” said Yoona.

 

Jonghyun scratched his head. “You did?”

 

“Whenever I meet a guy I always get so uneasy. I can already tell by the way they look at me that it’s a matter of when they’re going to confess to me not a matter of if. They keep staring at me with this smile on their face and hearts are literally just shooting out of their eyes.” Yoona poked at her breakfast with her fork. “You gave me a good first impression though. Good enough to the point where I realized you were different from any guy I ever met.”

 

Jonghyun tilted his head sideways in confusion. 

 

“When every guy in high school seems to introduce themselves with a confession, you notice the one who asks “How has your day been so far?” That set you apart from the rest and it’s the reason why I’m starting to open up to you.” 

 

She felt so sick and tired of guys she barely knows confessing to her left and right. She felt as if she was just a trophy to these high school boys. All she wanted was a male friend who had no ulterior motives. She just wanted to meet a guy who wants to get close to her because he genuinely cares for her.

 

Yoona smiled. “I’ll go get ready now.”

 

 

Jonghyun watched her go up the stairs. “She’s starting to open up to me… should I start doing the same?” 

 

 

__________

 

 

 

“So are we hanging out today?” Minho asked after second period ended.

 

“Yup.” said Jonghyun. Today would be his first day hanging out with Kyu-line.

 

“Awesome!” Minho grinned from ear to ear.  “Come follow me then!”

 

Minho led Jonghyun to Kyu-line’s hangout spot. Kyuhyun and Changmin got up and greeted their newest member. While approaching the two Jonghyun realized that a lot of girls were purposely sitting near Kyu-line in order to get a better look at their faces.

 

Kyuhyun noticed Jonghyun taking a look at all the girls staring at the group. “Yeah… We’re kinda popular around here.” Kyuhyun said as he scratched the back of his neck.

 

“Yeah. I can tell.” Jonghyun said as he laughed.

 

“Is he the new member of Kyu-line?”

“OMG! He’s so handsome.”

“So that’s the new transfer student everyone is talking about.”

“I think he’s the best looking out of all of them.”

“Isn’t he the handsome basketball player from Ruby High School?”

“What is he doing here?”

“He transferred here!”

 

Jonghyun joining Kyu-line was the talk of the school. Even the Kyu-line members were surprised at all the attention he was getting.

 

“How come the new guy gets to be in Kyu-line?” a boy said to himself with a pout. It seemed like he admired the group and wanted to join.

 

Changmin heard what the guy said. “Oh. About that.” Changmin said as he looked at Kyuhyun. “How come you let him join?”

 

Kyuhyun proudly looked at Jonghyun. “He chose to sit next to me instead of Hyejeong.” Kyuhyun put his hands to his heart. “That touched me.” he said dramatically.

 

Jonghyun chuckled while Minho and Changmin shook their heads in disgust at his immaturity.

 

“He’s good looking too! That’s another requirement if someone wants to join.” Kyuhyun said.

 

Changmin took a good look at Jonghyun’s face. “I have a feeling he’s going to be the next Yoona at this school.” he said. Kyuhyun and Minho nodded in agreement.

 

“What do you mean?” asked Jonghyun.

 

“All the girls that we rejected are now going to focus their attention on you. Expect a lot of confessions coming your way soon.” explained Minho.

 

“Ah, really?” Jonghyun didn’t know how to react to that statement. “I kinda regret joining this group.” he joked. He said it as a joke but he r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter