Red Mugs; Three

Red Mugs

Xiumin clicked away at his laptop's keyboard, watching as the words he had in mind blinked into existence onto the screen.  He was stretched out on the couch, just barely being able to touch the other end with his feet.  Luhan always yelled at him for typing in that position.  He always nagged Xiumin about how his back would bend into a 90 degree angle.  Of course, Xiumin paid no special attention to Luhan when he nagged. 

Xiumin was lost in his own world, all of his concentration on the work in front of him.  When his phone began to ring, it took him a few moments to snap out of his trance and realize what was going on.  He had difficulties reaching out towards the coffee table behind him.  His arm bent strangely and uncomfortably, but he was finally able to snatch his smart phone off of the table and swipe in the passcode.  His eyes briefly glanced over the caller ID. 

Sehun.

"Hello?"  Xiumin lightly pushed his laptop down his legs and off of his feet onto the couch.  He scooted into a sitting position, feeling a relief in his lower back as he straightened out.

"Can you come over?" Sehun's voice was shaky and muffled.

"What? Why?"  Xiumin frowned, swinging his legs off of the couch.

"I, uh, sort of..." Sehun trailed off. Xiumin urged him to continue, his crease furrowing as the younger boy failed to tell him what was happening. "I kind of locked myself out of my house." Sehun confessed.

Xiumin fell silent.  He narrowed his eyes and shook his head disapprovingly.  "Why do you want me to go over to your house if you're locked out?  Why don't you just come over here?" 

"Well, you know where I keep my spare, right?"  Sehun continued, a loud sigh making it's way to the other end of the line.

"No.  I don't know where you keep your spare key," Xiumin deadpanned. He was getting slightly frusturated with the way Sehun was so slow at explaining things.

"Ah, well I keep it in this little broken light thing and I sort of can't get it because my hands are too big,"

"Okay, and what does this have to do with me?"

"Well, my dear Xiumin," Sehun's sudden polite tone of voice made something in Xiumin's stomach turn. "you have reasonably small hands, and I was wondering if you could help me out here and get my spare key. Please?" 

"Sehun, you live about 20 minutes away.  Do you really think I want to go out to your house just to help you get your spare key?" Xiumin rolled his eyes and walked to his room to pick out his coat from his closet.  He also grabbed a pair of socks and his shoes.  Putting up a fight with Sehun was all an act.  He knew he would help out anyway.  

"Please, please, please, please," Sehun began a cute mantra.  Xiumin didn't know that Sehun was currently hopping around in front of his house to keep warm, the puff ball at the top of his hat bouncing up and down along with his movements.  

"Why don't you get in your car to keep warm?" Xiumin asked as he made his way out of the door and into his own car.  He eyed the fresh car tracks of Luhan's car in the snow and suddenly wondered if he should leave behind a note.  He shrugged it off, thinking that he would send Luhan a text message later on when he was at Sehun's.

"Well, you see...I may or may not have locked myself out of my car as well,"  Sehun breathed pathetically.