Red Mugs

Red Mugs

     Luhan hobbled out of the bedroom, slipping stealthily into the kitchen before Xiumin could get a good look at him.  Xiumin looked up from the laptop screen when he heard someone shuffling around in the kitchen, clinking glasses against each other and accidentally shutting the cupboard too strongly.  Luhan winced and shut his eyes tight, slowly opening one to peek out and see if Xiumin had entered to check up on him. 


    He let out a sigh when he found out Xiumin was nowhere to be seen and must have still been on the couch, working on his latest project. Xiumin had been working on it for the past few days, nonstop.  It worried Luhan, (and also kind of annoyed him), so he figured that surprising his partner with a sweet treat to get his mind off of the project even for a few minutes wouldn't cause any harm.


     Luhan sighed as he eyed the hot drink in the two red mugs.  There were no marshmallows left for the hot chocolate.  He knew Xiumin loved the marshmallows and there were none left.  Luhan popped his head around the corner to look at the boy laid out on the couch. 


    Xiumin looked up in time and caught Luhan spying on him.  He narrowed his eyes suspiciously when Luhan scurried behind the wall.  When he was sure Xiumin wasn't looking, Luhan slid back into his bedroom, grabbed a coat, a warm beanie, and his shoes.  On his way down the hall, he picked up the car keys. 


    Just as Luhan was turning the lock to the front door and cracking the door open, he felt a pair of arms loop around his waist, and a body brush against his as a head propped itself on his shoulder.  Xiumin freed one of his hands from Luhan's waist and lightly pushed the door closed, preventing the icy wind from infiltrating the warm atmosphere of their home. 


    "Where are you going?" Xiumin staggered backwards, taking Luhan with him until they fell back onto the couch.  Luhan landed in a very comfortable and pleasing position on top of Xiumin's thighs.  He willed himself not to melt into Xiumin's heavenly embrace. 


    "Uh, I...um, I was going to go buy something,"  Luhan hesitated, trying to squirm out of Xiumin's hug.  He honestly didn't want to move from his spot, but if he didn't hurry the hot chocolate would no longer be hot and the marshmallows would never find their way into the cup.


    "Now?  It's late and it's really ugly outside, Luhan,"  Xiumin let Luhan stand up.  He got up himself and ran his finger's through Luhan's bangs, messing with the beanie until it looked just right. 


    "It's really important and don't worry, I'll be back in five minutes,"  Luhan's lips curved into a loving smile. "I promise,"  he stuck out his pinky finger, which Xiumin gripped with his own.  They stood like that, pinky fingers intertwined for a moment, before Luhan leaned down and pecked Xiumin swiftly. He escaped to the front door and swung it open, immediately shivering at the gust of frozen wind that pricked through his coat.  "Marshmallows," he confessed before stepping out and shutting the door.


    Xiumin sighed, shaking his head and not being able to hold back his grin.