The 5th Step

5 Steps I'm Gonna Make Her Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

05 | The 5th and Final Step

 

Finally, this is the moment.

The moment that I’m going to make her mine.

 

Let’s recap our progress for a sec.

I met her in the vet clinic and then we accompanied our ‘children’ for their date. Then, I called her for a date and I asked the four idiots some advice for our date. TaeYang ended up hanging up on me, SeungRi basically adviced me to be a douche, DaeSung asked me to be pretentious and TOP was being delusional and thought he was some kind of superhero. However, luckily my date turned out great. Then, I made ChaeRin jealous by asking Se7en hyung’s girlfriend to pretend to be my stalker.

 

So now, we’ve come to this moment; the last step.

 

Yes, this is the crucial step that would seal the deal.

Whatever happens, she will be mine.

And that’s a promise that I’ve made to myself.

 

“Gaho!” I yelled through the empty living room, “Yah, Kwon Gaho! Come to Daddy!”

 

Gaho came running and sat on my lap, wiggling his tail as usual. I patted his head gingerly.

 

“Gaho, since you’re my son, I’m gonna let you be the first one to know,” I said excitedly, “You’re going to get a new Mummy today. I’m sure I’m going to capture ChaeRin’s heart today.”

 

“Woof! Woof? Woof?” he barked, his puppy eyes widened.

 

“Don’t worry Gaho. Although technically you and ChiRoo are going to be siblings but since we don’t really produce you guys,  it’s not going to be if you decide to pursue ChiRoo and make her your girlfriend. In fact, you got my permission.”

 

“Woof!” he barked of relief, leaping up with joy and began to my hands.

From what I could see, he was definitely ecstatic with the news.

 

Now that I’ve got my son all settled; I have a favour that I need to ask from my friends, the four dorks. They need to help me to ensure that my last step goes on smoothly. I called each one of them to meet up at my house.

 

“Hyung, what’s with asking all of us to come over?” DaeSung asked when they were there in my living room.

“This better be good. I was working out,” TaeYang grumbled.

“You’ve ruined my mid-day 4 hour nap,” TOP complained, like a 4 hour sleep can still be considered a nap.

“Hyung, why did the chicken cross the road? Because it wants to get to the other side! Hahahaha,” SeungRi tried to joke and laughed like a maniac.

 

There was a chorus of groan.

 

*Tuck!*

 

“Ah, hyung! Why did you hit my head for?!!!” SeungRi cried, glaring at TOP while rubbing his head furiously .

TOP gave him a smirk. “Because you’re just annoying,” he said coolly.

 

Man, I wish I was as cool as him.

 

“Enough of all the nonsense. Now it’s time to get to business. You guys have to help me,” I said.

“Why should we?” TaeYang asked.

“Because if you don’t, I’ll lock the door and swallow the key so that all of you can’t go home and we have to live here together forever. Would you prefer that?” I threatened.

 

There was a chorus of defiant “No!”

So, I laid out my plan and they all listened attentively, even TaeYang.

 

After the briefing, they left to play their part according to the plan. I called ChaeRin and asked her out for a stroll at the park nearby her house.

 

We met at the park and walked together through the park. The cold winds and freezing temperatures of winter have passed and now spring is welcomed with a grand entrance; it announces its arrival with a blanket of yellow and white blossoms spreading throughout the country. Despite the slightly chilly breeze, we walked through the colourful cherry blossoms, amazed by its splendour. After a while, we sat at a bench at the far end of the park where we could admire the sea of cherry blossoms in front of us.

 

The moment to do the final step is approaching. I excused myself from ChaeRin on the pretext of going to buy her a hot drink when in actual, I was going to prepare for the last step.

 

I hid behind a tree not far from the bench, and watched on as TaeYang approached ChaeRin.

 

“Wh-wha-what is this?” ChaeRin asked in confusion when TaeYang handed her a blue jacket.

“JiYong wants you to have this. He doesn’t want you to be cold because you’re someone special to him,” TaeYang executed the line perfectly.

 

He winked at me before he hastily walked away. I watched in delight as ChaeRin put on the jacket, smiling to herself.

 

Then, DaeSung went to approach ChaeRin with a cup of hot coffee. ChaeRin gave him a questioning look when she took the coffee from his hand. “JiYong hyung wants you to have this so that you’ll feel warm, just like how you’ve warmed his heart,” he grinne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter