The 2nd Step

5 Steps I'm Gonna Make Her Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

02 | The 2nd Step

 

 

I stared at the cellphone in my hand. It has been 1 hour, 28 minutes, 30 seconds and still counting, since I had arrived home after our ‘date’ and I still hadn’t the courage to dial her number.

 

Will it be too soon to call her?

Will she freak out if I call?

Will I give off the vibe of a crazy stalker?

 

No, I need to look cool.

Girls always dig the cool guys.

I need to wait patiently until the right time to call her.

 

1..

2..

3..

 

Sh1t!

I’ve always hated waiting. It really bad to wait.

Maybe I should do something to ease my mind off her.

 

I switched on the TV and randomly changed the channels with the remote control. Nothing on the idiot box had managed to catch my interest.

 

I took a quick glimpse at the clock hanging on the wall.

It’s been 1 hour and 31 minutes now.

 

It should be okay if I call her, right?

 

Man, I need someone else’s opinion about this. Gaho was busy sleeping beside me on the couch so I couldn’t ask for his opinion.

 

Frustrated, I dialled the number of my one trusted friend.

 

“This better be good!” TaeYang grumbled sleepily from the other end of the line.

This boy, I swear to God, if he’s not working out at the gym or praying at the church, he’d be sleeping like dead at home.

“TaeYang, it’s been 1 hour and 33 minutes since I parted from her. Do you think it’d be weird if I call her now?” I asked hurriedly.

 

TaeYang groaned loudly, resembling the sound of a cow mooing. “You’re disturbing my sleep just because of this? You’re insane, man. Insane! Seriously, you need help!”

 

I inhaled deeply. He’s getting on my nerves, this guy. If he was there in front of me, I would definitely kick his . But I know just how to counter-attack.

 

“You don't understand," I said, "Have you ever been in love? Have you even dated, TaeYang? Have you? Have you?” I asked repeatedly. I knew how much it annoyed him whenever I brought that up. Who ask him to ridicule my newfound love?

 

*Toot*

 

“Hello? Hello?”

 

He had hung up on me, that idiot!

 

I took a deep breath to keep my cool. The only good thing from calling that so-called best friend of mine was for stalling some time. At least, it had been 2 hours now since I last saw her.

 

I think it’s safe to call her now. I dialled her number.

 

I inhaled deeply while waiting in anticipation for her to pick up.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi, ChaeRin,” I said.

“JiYong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter