Remembering the Old Oak Tree

Kiss the Rain

 

I heard a voice, a girl's voice. Who else could it be? 

 

Sunmi

 

[Kikwang's POV]

"Sunmi?...Are you okay? I'm coming in." It's not my fault that I panicked. She was looking for help and I panicked. Yes I panicked. 

I stood their shocked. Who else wouldn't be? She screamed at the top of her lungs. 

"I told you NOT to go inside! ERT!" She blew my ear drums. I didn't intend to look at her gorgeous body. Flawless skin, wet hair and.. Never mind the other details. It was good but bad at the same time. I felt mine get hard. Ignore that thought >.<

"Sorry" I murmured and walked away. I forgot the towel. I turned around and she was about to cry.

"What now? Go away!" I literally threw the towel at her and tried to leave the room when...

"Kikwang hyung?!?!" I mad voice spotted me. "What the hell were you trying to do to her?" Dongwoon got so tensed about the whole ‘accident’. It's normal that he gets mad after seeing me with her while she was and I was hard. okay. what the hell. 

 

The situation got worse when all of the boys gathered to see what's happening. 

"Seriously?" Yoseob laughed at me while Dujoon just glared. scary~

"ert Kikwang trying to sneak up on Sunmi huh? Why didn't I think of that?" Junhyung joked around while Dongwoon just gave a heavy sigh.

"Pabo" Hyunseung hit Junhyung and laughed. 

"Can everyone please leave now?" Dongwoon's voice was stiff and serious. He gave each one of us a stare slash glare that we've never seen before. Dujoon, an understanding guy that he is, pushed everyone outside. 

"Come one kids.. Leave this to Dongwoon. and for you Kikwang, don't go near Sunmi ever again." It was humorously said but it was a strict order too. I bowed down in shame. T_T

 

[Dongwoon's POV]

I got tired of waiting for Sunmi to just get the f*** out of the rest room. It never occurred to me that I dozed off very fast. i guess I was just tired because of practice today. When I heard the swinging of the door, I got up quickly

"Oh.. It's you..." Her shy voice just made her look more vulnerable. 

"Are you alright." I asked her but I was still nonchalant. She just nodded and by the looks on her face, she's gonna cry in 3...2...1...

"Oppa...." Tears started to fall freely from her pitiful eyes. She hid her face with her palms. How can I resist? 

I pulled her in my arms and her hair like I did years ago. It's been so long since I saw her but the feeling... my feelings are still there.. lingering.. waiting to be awakened by her presence. 

[Sunmi’s POV]

His touch made it all better. Like how he used to comfort me when we were younger. I missed my oppa. I missed him so much and now that Im here, I would never leave him again.

[Flash back 8 years ago]


As I remember my past, I could feel it, like I was there again.  I was sitting, all alone near an old oak tree drenched and wet because of the heavy rain. I call it my hiding place. I would always go there when I’m sad,  and in this case my mom and dad just argued again. They shout and hurt each other. I couldn’t take it so I ran away from home and ended up in my old oak tree. I hated it when they do that. Good thing they actually decided to get a divorce. My father despised my mother and me because I look exactly like her.. He didn’t even bother to have a backward glance at us, that’s the reason he left Korea.  I felt my tears flow down my cheeks even with the rain. i love crying with the sky because no one will know that I'm hurt.  I hid my face between my legs. But I felt something else, something strange because someone else was there with me. When I looked up, it was a boy, with beautiful straight black hair and big, chocolate brown eyes. He stared at me intently with a little shock lingering at his eyes.

“Who are you? What are you doing here?” he demanded of me. Scared as I was, I didn’t have the guts to answer. Instead, I cried more and more. The water was dripping on the tip of his straight hair. 

I didn’t notice he was there, sitting beside me.

“Hey, I’m sorry I scared you. I’m Dongwoon, what’s your name?” his gentle voice was so caring and comforting.

“I’m Sunmi…” At first, I hesitated but then I felt so safe with him like I can trust him right there and then.

“I’m going to call you Mimi! I'm sorry Mimi, I scared you” his eyes were so deep that I got lost and stared blankly at them even with tears in my eyes.

“Mind telling me why you’re crying?” I just sat still. How did he know? I think I was just obvious. I don’t want to talk about my mom and dad. It hurts. Why does he care anyway? I thought to myself. “Sorry, I shouldn’t ask”

I was caught off guard. He actually gave up. His attitude was quite mature for his age. Like a big brother I always wanted. Stupidly and unknowingly I quickly buried myself in his chest and cried, soaking his blue shirt. He patted my head and whispered “It’s okay” in my ear.

“I’ll tell you…” I said. I just felt him nod.

I told him everything why I was crying and how I wanted to run away from my life. He was very understanding for an 11 year old. It felt good just being cradled in his arms and being wrapped warmly near him.

After I told my story, he told his to me. He said he was Son Dongwoon, an only son of a rich and famous family in Seoul but he doesn’t like it. He wasn’t free to do what he wants or even say what he wants. We both had the same and yet the opposite life. We were both miserable but at least his parents cared for him. His father at least. Mine.. I don’t even know if he knows my name. It’s a bit exaggerated but we’re not quite sure. Maybe he really doesn't know me at all. 

Since that day we would always meet there everyday. Sharing what our day was and everything we want to say and do. He said, he wanted to become a famous singer and me, i told him that I'll be a famous painter. I would always rest my head at his shoulder. We would sit like two small lovebirds.  A day before my birthday, it was 7 months since the day we met, he told me he had a surprise.

“Close your eyes!” I felt a smile crawling onto my small face. He caught my hand and held it long enough for me to realize that his putting a ring on my finger.

“Can I open my eyes now?” I got too impatient but he said yes.

It was beautiful… Extraordinarily shimmering with beauty. The diamond ring looked very expensive but it didn’t matter. I got misty eyes as he knelt down. Yes, he was only 11 and I was 10. that wouldn’t seem right but it felt like it was really right.

“When time comes… would you marry me?” I didn’t know what to say. Yes? No? My mind was blown away. His smile had a hint of nervousness and anxiety. My smile was genuine and spelled true happiness in it.

“I don’t know what to say…. Son Dongwoon…” I hesitated as he held my hand and I felt his grip tighten.

"Mimi... I promise you.. I will...I will marry you..when time comes..." He let out powerful words which made my heart skip a beat.

“I will… when time comes…” My words sprouted like flowers in winter. It was unexpected and unplanned. He was so happy and I was too but it did not last long. We were happy together. But my parents had their divorce and like I said my father was pleased.

And my mother loved me dearly, but we have to move away to Australia. I left Dongwoon without even saying goodbye.


[end of flash back]
 

It felt nice being in your arms again but do still feel the same like you felt 8 years ago? Did you forget?