Not A Vampire

A Series of Supernatural (EXO-M) One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's been a week since the first day of school, and I've been spending my free time researching about vampires, vampires in Asia, Chinese Vampire and the list goes on. I'm here reading another article on how to distinguish a vampire and a Jiangshi (Chinese "hopping" vampire).

Generally, a jiangshi's appearance can range from unremarkable (as in the case of a recently deceased person) to horrifying (rotting flesh, rigor mortis, as with corpses that have been in a state of decay over a period of time). The Chinese character for "jiang" (僵) in "jiangshi" literally means "hard" or "stiff". It is believed that the jiangshi is so stiff that that it cannot bend its limbs and body, so it has to move around by hopping while keeping its arms stretched out for mobility. They are depicted in popular culture to have a mystical tag glued onto and hanging off the forehead in portrait orientation, and wear a uniform coat-like robe and round-top tall rimmed hat characteristic of a Chinese official from during the Qing dynasty. A peculiar feature is its greenish-white skin; one theory is that this is derived from fungus or mould growing on corpses. It is said to have long white hair all over its head[4] and may behave like animals.[5] The influence of western vampire stories brought the blood- aspect to the Chinese myth in more modern times in combination with the concept of the hungry ghost, though traditionally they act more like western zombies. 

- Wikipedia.Jiangshi

Hmm.. He's just pale, there's no discoloration of skin turning green or rotting flesh. He looks normal.. I'll check if he's stiff or cold. But I read somewhere, that if a vampire consumed human blood or flesh, he/she will look normal. It'll be hard to caught him.

"Hey, can I borrow---woah.... Dude, what's with your room?" My older brother, Key crashed in my room

"Do you even knock, bro?" I said, still focus on the article, I'm reading while I'm sitting comfortably on my bed

"It's not like it's my first time doing it. I do it all the time and I'm just going to borrow your DVDs.." He walked to my side and picked up the vampire movies I rented last night "And what are you reading? Vampires huh?"

"Back off."

"Your room looks like shlt and it's really messy.." He looks around and picks up some books, scraps, pictures and DVDs that scattered all over my room "What's with vampire addiction recently? Don't tell me you believe that they exists?" 

I yanked my stuff from his hands "Don't touch my stuff, Kibum!"

"Yah! Call me oppa! I'm older than you! Or at least call me Key, it sounds cooler."

"Yeah. yeah. say what you want.." I turned back to my laptop and started typing 

"You've been locked up in your room focused on your computer all night." He peeks on my face "Wow. You look like shlt.. Tell me, are you on crack?"

"Get out! I'm busy!"

"Alrighty~ I'll take this!" He grabs a DVD and left

 

After a few more minutes...

"Pssst..."

"What do you want?" I cracked my knuckles

"Can you watch the horror movie with me?"

"Aish.. Fine.. If you try to scare me again, I'm gonna drag you to the 50th floor's balcony.."

"Yeah, just keep me company."

"Okay, just let me turn this off."

 

 

ººººº

 

Everything started when this new exchanged student from China sit behind me. He just caught my attention, because he's always sleepy. But in our P.E class, he's really amazing! Like, he's got some sort of a special ability? I don't know why I'm really drawn to him.

"Hey.. You should just let that go, you're being like that because you're jealous.." Amber said, my P.E buddy

"Hey, I'm not!"

"Psh.. He just kicked your in martial arts and now you're trying to prove that he's a vampire. Seriously, how old are you now?" She chuckled

"But something smells fishy!"

"Try wearing your socks..." She laughed as she ties her shoe laces

"I'm serious!"

"Just accept it that someone's much better than you in wushu.."

"I...did not see that coming but it's just that he's weird!"

She laughs. "Says the girl who stalks him and stays up all night researching about vampire.."

"Hey, I don't stalk him! It's...."

"Uh-huh.. Go on, think.. Find a word.." She grins

"Investigating!" I snapped my fingers "That's what I'm doing!"

"Alright.. Whatever.. Hey, you should get ready. We still have a basketball practice."

"Fine." I said as I wear my shoes "I'll just ask him later."

"You're crazy." She laughs

Sure, I maybe crazy. But I'm sure that that kid is a vampire.

 

ººººº

He always stay in our classroom after class, still sleeping. I decided to stay too and wait until he wakes up.

He yawned and stretched.

I leaned closer behind him and whispered. "Are you a vampire?"

He jolted up and look behind him, my face is only a few inches away from his. I stared directly to his eyes, not breaking our eye contact.

He quickly backed away and cleared his throat. "Wha-what?" He can't look at me.

I knew it! He's hiding something!

"I said, are you a vampire?" I crossed my arms

"Wait. What did you say?"

In denial.

I rolled my eyes. "Are you a vampire? The undead creature of the night who feeds on human's blood by biting their neck using their pointed teeth that can also shapeshift into a bat." (as I explain, I also reenacted a vampire in case he still can't understand.)

He just stared at me blinking a couple of times.

I sighed. "I thought you can understand Korean.."

He chuckled. "I do understand your language, but I don't get why and what was that question for."

"It's simple. Answer yes or no. I'll ask you again, are you a vampire?"

"You're not serious, are you?" He said grinning

"I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter