nyctophobia

A Series of Supernatural (EXO-M) One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood still as I try to get a perfect angle of the moon. It was a beautiful night. The mist of the forest is covering the surface of the moon. I adjusted the lens of my camera and took shots of the moon. It was beautiful, yet kinda.......spooky.

Then it hit me. Oh crap. I didn't notice how many hours I'm standing here.. I'm scared. Now, all I can hear is the silence of the forest, and the wind that blows pass my hair and also the leaves of the trees and bushes around me. It was a very quiet night. No humming of insects or noises of critters. It's just plain nothing, just cold breeze of wind whispering. I'm alone. It was a cold summer night. My senses were alert, because I'm scared or maybe because I'm just paranoid. But it's okay. I can shove that ghost to the other side if it tries to scare me or bother me. 

*rustle rustle* 

"Who's there?!" I snapped "You better come out! I know karate!" I speak it..

Then I saw a figure behind the oak tree, in the dark. I'm getting ready to swing my tripod anytime it comes out. It was walking towards my direction. I closed my eyes as I swung my tripod. (I already put away my camera inside my bag.)

"Woah..woah..wait.." He said "Easy there miss.." 

I stared at him as I put my tripod down. He look young.. Like, older than thirteen and younger than twenty..

"Sorry for bothering you.." He touched the back of his neck "Sorry.."

"How long have you been standing there..?" I asked as I place the tripod in front of me

"Not that long.. How 'bout you?" He tilted his head

"I don't know...." I said "Who are you? Why are you here?"

He came forward and tripped over a twig. I helped him to stand up. A ghost. He's cold, literally. I didn't jumped back. Play it cool. "Are you alright?" I asked

"Yeah.. Sorry.." He smiled "Sooo.......... What are you doing here? Late at night, alone..."

I showed him my DSLR. "Taking pictures.." 

"Ooooh... May I see?" He asked

"Yeah, sure.." I showed him the pictures that I've taken

"Nice! You're a pretty good photographer..." He said 

"Thanks!" I smiled

"Can we take a picture together?" He said then took his words back "I mean, only if you just wanted to.."

"No! It's fine! Wait. I'll set it up..." Well, since he asked nicely.. I set my camera "On three. One, two, three.." 

*CLICK* 

"Oh.." He stared at our my picture blankly "I forgot." He blinked thrice "I'm already dead.."

I stared at him. I kinda feel bad for him. He look so sad and surprised.

He stared at me, awkward eye contact. "You're not afraid of me?" He asked

I nodded. "Yeah.." Because you know, if he's the ghost that will haunt you, you won't be scared.. He's too...cute, (yeah, I admit that.) and he's also nice.. I can tell.

"Wow.. You must be brave.." 

"Not actually.. I'm afraid of the dark.."

"Oh.. But there's nothing to be afraid of in the dark.. For me it's kinda comforting.."

"Really? Well, it's easy for you to say that.. You can't see ghosts when you're alive right?" He nodded "I can see ghosts... Even not in the dark or night.. I'm a necromancer.." I continued

"Necromancer?"

"Never heard of it? Necro - from Greek word: nekros, meaning 'corpse'... Necromancers are the people who can see, talk, banish and help ghosts pass through after life. It runs with the blood. Oh! And also, I can see how people died when I went to the place where they've been murdered.. It's not that terrifying right?" I explained "And I can also make a zombie."

"Oh.. Sorry.." He paused "So, you can help me?" 

"Yes."

"Will you?" He looked straight into my eyes

"Sure." I smiled at him, a reassuring one.

"Really? Thanks!" He shook both of my hands hyperbolically

 

ººººº

 

"So.. Do you remember anything? Personal information? Or what happened? How did you die?" I started 

"Hm.. I can remember my name, age, birthday, where I live, my family, friends and all.. But I can't remember anything about how I died.."

"Do you wanna know?" 

"Of course.."

"Maybe that's your wish or something..? That's the main reason why spirits stay on Earth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter